Trade Deadline

howru8888

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure if the Bears should be buyers. I do not see this team as a real competitor this season.

Their QB sucks, their HC is a total mess, and realistically they need to add 3-4 OLmen.

Completely agree, they need to be sellers.....

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

He's not under contract, a personal call would be totally fine. If he says he would be interested I'd wave this year's 1st and 2022's 1st bye-bye for him, of course pending on him coming out of retirement.

They'll say no, much like how the Lions won't trade Calvin Johnson or Barry Sanders' rights either.

LOL why would Luck come out of retirement to play behind the Bears piss poor OL?  No chance of that ever happening bruh.

51 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure if the Bears should be buyers. I do not see this team as a real competitor this season.

Their QB sucks, their HC is a total mess, and realistically they need to add 3-4 OLmen.

If the Bears can get a late 1st for ARob from a contending team then they should pull the trigger on that deal.  At this rate I'm not even sure he'd want to re-sign in Chicago with the team having such a poor outlook on Offense with no OL, no QB and a HC who doesn't know his head from his ***.  I'm also not sure the Bears FO wants to pay him north of $20M per year.

Robinson's value is at an all time high right now.  If this team wants to rebuild the proper way then they should do it.  

Mooney was a good find by Pace and I believe he has the skill set to develop into a WR1.

I'll leave you with this last question.  For as good of a player that ARob is, does he really make that much of a difference for this putrid Bears O?  I know the answer to that question.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If the Bears can get a late 1st for ARob from a contending team then they should pull the trigger on that deal.  At this rate I'm not even sure he'd want to re-sign in Chicago with the team having such a poor outlook on Offense with no OL, no QB and a HC who doesn't know his head from his ***.  I'm also not sure the Bears FO wants to pay him north of $20M per year.

Robinson's value is at an all time high right now.  If this team wants to rebuild the proper way then they should do it.  

Mooney was a good find by Pace and I believe he has the skill set to develop into a WR1.

I'll leave you with this last question.  For as good of a player that ARob is, does he really make that much of a difference for this putrid Bears O?  I know the answer to that question.

They won't do that.

They are going to be in desperation mode for the next year or two.

Prepare for some more dumb *** moves.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

They won't do that.

They are going to be in desperation mode for the next year or two.

Prepare for some more dumb *** moves.

I'm not sure Pace will be in desperation mode.  He may get another crack at hiring a HC and what better way to lure a top candidate then having two 1st round picks?

I want Arthur Smith from the Titans or Greg Roman from the Ravens as the next HC.  Two guys that actually know how to call an offense.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That's a no for the Bears.

And a resounding yes for other teams.  If Sanu can get a second round pick last year at this time, that should be the absolute floor for Robinson.  About the only reason it could be less is the fact that he is in the last year of his deal.  And with the salary cap expected to go down, many teams will not have space to simply extend him right away.

Now, if he is traded, the offense takes an even further step backwards.  No threat at WR.  Poor offensive line.  You will see 8 man boxes all the time.  Your line is already poor, the scheme is already questionable.  And with the cap being what it is, it isn't like you just go to free agency and pluck another Robinson and put him on the roster.  And there really isn't much to backfill his spot.

I think you are more likely to buy a player or two.  Offensive linemen.  And you don't need to trade.  I think Spain is out there as a guard.  He's better than what you have.  I wouldn't doubt that you could get practice squad guys in and be better on the line.  Kline, G, is out there, another former starter.  Cordy Glenn is out there, I think.  And those guys are "free".  For a team with your record and playoff aspirations, taking a hard look at those guys makes sense.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

That's a no for the Bears.

And a resounding yes for other teams.  If Sanu can get a second round pick last year at this time, that should be the absolute floor for Robinson.  About the only reason it could be less is the fact that he is in the last year of his deal.  And with the salary cap expected to go down, many teams will not have space to simply extend him right away.

Now, if he is traded, the offense takes an even further step backwards.  No threat at WR.  Poor offensive line.  You will see 8 man boxes all the time.  Your line is already poor, the scheme is already questionable.  And with the cap being what it is, it isn't like you just go to free agency and pluck another Robinson and put him on the roster.  And there really isn't much to backfill his spot.

I think you are more likely to buy a player or two.  Offensive linemen.  And you don't need to trade.  I think Spain is out there as a guard.  He's better than what you have.  I wouldn't doubt that you could get practice squad guys in and be better on the line.  Kline, G, is out there, another former starter.  Cordy Glenn is out there, I think.  And those guys are "free".  For a team with your record and playoff aspirations, taking a hard look at those guys makes sense.

Spain is signing with the Bengals I believe, as of this morning.  If they’re going to be buyers of anything significant, it’s gotta be OL.

They're in a weird spot where their record says they’re contenders, but reality says otherwise.  Getting a first for ARob would be fantastic, because i truly believe he is gone after this year. They didn’t do any favors by not resigning him before the season began, and why would he willingly resign here after seeing this clown show of QBs?

But my guess is they do nothing at the deadline.

59 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not sure Pace will be in desperation mode.  He may get another crack at hiring a HC and what better way to lure a top candidate then having two 1st round picks?

I want Arthur Smith from the Titans or Greg Roman from the Ravens as the next HC.  Two guys that actually know how to call an offense.

A 3rd HC? That would be moronic.

Pace sucks as much as Nagy.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

LOL why would Luck come out of retirement to play behind the Bears piss poor OL?  No chance of that ever happening bruh.

I know,  that's why I said "unrealistically" in my original post.  A man can dream.  Lol

9 hours ago, CBears019 said:

So then the Bears, or whomever, can contact Luck directly to try and convince him to unretire and it wouldn’t be tampering.  However, they would simultaneously have to negotiate a trade with Indy to release the contract to them.  Am i tracking?

Yep. They could contact him, agree to terms, then have to connect with IND. They can trade his rights contingent upon him coming out of retirement too, though it wouldnt happen it's what I've wanted since he retired during our preseason game. 

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

A 3rd HC? That would be moronic.

Pace sucks as much as Nagy.

Well what's worse keeping Pace and hiring a 3rd HC or going into 2021 with both Pace and Nagy again?

The only reason I am thinking Pace may get another hire is because he was given the green light to make all these big money FA signings this past offseason and also with the recent Cohen extension.

Does a GM who is in jeopardy of losing his job get that permission?  I'm not so sure.

On the other hand, regardless of what Pace has done to help him Nagy is doing himself no favors.  The guy was supposed to be this offensive guru and he has flopped pretty bad.

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly HCs have been traded and Nagys record might fool a team like the jets for a late rounder. Hmm...

Pagano becomes the interim HC too. @topwop1 I found a way to get Luck to come out of retirement! He will play for Pagano! 

Would be a long shot but I would entertain the idea of canning Nagy to make Pagano interim HC, unless Nagy swallows his pride and makes some changes by allowing some one else on his staff to call plays.

Nagy refuses to make adjustments and that is what is so maddening about him.  It appears that he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and can fix it himself. 

• Like 1