Trade Deadline

howru8888

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Spain is signing with the Bengals I believe, as of this morning.  If they’re going to be buyers of anything significant, it’s gotta be OL.

They're in a weird spot where their record says they’re contenders, but reality says otherwise.  Getting a first for ARob would be fantastic, because i truly believe he is gone after this year. They didn’t do any favors by not resigning him before the season began, and why would he willingly resign here after seeing this clown show of QBs?

But my guess is they do nothing at the deadline.

I'd say this...shame on Bears management for not making a Spain an offer he couldn't refuse.  Kline is still out there, free.  So is Cordy Glenn.  These aren't all-world kind of guys, but they are better than what you have, without trading.

Just an observation here, but you see the glass as half empty.  You are what your record says you are.  And you are a good team.  With a great defense.  That defense is going to keep you in most every game, if not every game.  If you lose Robinson, you lose the only threat you have on offense.  You will see more loaded boxes and your offense is going to look even worse.

I know you feel like Robinson is gone, and you are probably right.  But that isn't the reason to trade your best offensive weapon when you are in the driver's seat for a playoff spot.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.  And a great defense usually beats a great offense, especially when the stakes are high.

13 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I want to trade Allen Robinson for humanitarian reasons.

He doesn’t deserve to be part of the Pace/Nagy cluster F any longer.

ARob is a fan favorite and a really good football player but I agree he is better off somewhere else.  He is wasting his talent and time in Chicago and Bears could probably fetch at the very least a 2 for him.

This team needs draft picks more than ever with so many needs on the OL and at QB.

If you aren't willing to pay the guy what he wants then trade him and get more value now then you would with any compensatory pick.

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

ARob is a fan favorite and a really good football player but I agree he is better off somewhere else.  He is wasting his talent and time in Chicago and Bears could probably fetch at the very least a 2 for him.

This team needs draft picks more than ever with so many needs on the OL and at QB.

If you aren't willing to pay the guy what he wants then trade him and get more value now then you would with any compensatory pick.

I definitely agree with this. He's sitting in limbo right now. But who knows teams may be clutching onto those first couple round picks like gold. Especially with the cap going down. 

2 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

I definitely agree with this. He's sitting in limbo right now. But who knows teams may be clutching onto those first couple round picks like gold. Especially with the cap going down. 

Like someone else pointed out, Sanu netted a 2nd last year. I know things are different due to the pandemic, but there's no reason why they can't get a 2 and a 4 or 5 for him.

4 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

Do we know this for sure or are they just predicting it may go down based on lower revenues due to this COVID stricken season?  Is there not a possibility for the cap to just remain the same as this current year?  Either way I wouldn't expect it to dramatically decrease but who really knows at this point.

I just don't understand the process right now...

Not getting OL help is downright criminal, if you actually believe the team can make a playoff run.

the flipside of that

is if you don't think the team can make a playoff run:

-Robinson isn't going to be here next year, trade him now for picks

-Hicks is too old to survive a rebuild and still playing at a high level, trade now

-A. Miller might still have some believers in the talent, particularly after his 1h grab highlight. Trade now

-Trubisky is an easy trade.

-Leno, Massie, Coward, Trevethan, Ginn, Harris can literally ALL be outright benched.... See what the depth can do behind them

We're trying to have it both ways right now between tanking and trying to compete, and all it's going to do is hurt us further in the offseason. PICK ONE, and make some moves. Frankly, doing nothing before the trade deadline should be enough to fire Pace, because this team simply isn't good enough to do anything but get a mid-high draft pick right now, and it's almost entirely on the offensive side of the ball.