Jump to content

Trade Deadline


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Imo you make an Oline move now, because you need 3 new starters for next season, and there's almost no way you're getting all three AND a QB of the future in the draft (not to mention that you wouldn't even want 3 of your Oline all hitting contact years at the same time, and a QB is likely going to force us to spend capital moving up). 

 

Yes.

But...centers can be had in the mid to late rounds.  Right tackles can be had all around the draft.  Guards...almost everywhere.  It's the left tackle that will be tough.

And then you are still back to the question of what to do at QB....and I've got answers for that.  Just no "good" answers for that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.

But...centers can be had in the mid to late rounds.  Right tackles can be had all around the draft.  Guards...almost everywhere.  It's the left tackle that will be tough.

And then you are still back to the question of what to do at QB....and I've got answers for that.  Just no "good" answers for that.

 

Yeah, but what if you almost never draft them until two bizarre back to back picks in the 7th round? Does that work?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Yeah, but what if you almost never draft them until two bizarre back to back picks in the 7th round? Does that work?

You speaking from experience here?  :)

You could honestly pick practice squad guys and find a starting center for next year.

I think you are fine at guard if Whitehair and Daniels are your guards.

So you have the tackles to look at.  Maybe Ifedi can be an average RT.  

I don't feel like overhauling that line would be all that difficult.  Obviously current results dispute that claim.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would still be surprised if Pace isn';t working on a trade or PS pickup right now.  If nothing happens I wonder if that indicates some restriction from above on Pace?  That would be even more surprising.  For sure no changes to the Bears OL on the morning of Nov 4 would be the biggest news going. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Thinking about it, I would be equally happy with either :

crafty trade for OL

complete teardown mode for picks and moving Fuller, Mack, Hicks etc

This team puts me in a weeeeeird place

I agree. Staying in the non competitive middle is the worst.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I agree. Staying in the non competitive middle is the worst.

Any window that was open closed once it was determined that Mitch was not the answer. It all starts at that position, get that right and everything else is that much easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Thinking about it, I would be equally happy with either :

crafty trade for OL

complete teardown mode for picks and moving Fuller, Mack, Hicks etc

This team puts me in a weeeeeird place

If they are going to do anything this year then option 1 seems the most likely but I'm really not expecting them to do anything drastic.

For as bad as they look on O the team is still 5-2 and well in the thick of the playoff hunt.  If we were 2-5 right now, which could have been very likely given a couple breaks having gone the other way then it'd be a totally different story IMO and Nagy would be squarely on the hot seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

If they are going to do anything this year then option 1 seems the most likely but I'm really not expecting them to do anything drastic.

For as bad as they look on O the team is still 5-2 and well in the thick of the playoff hunt.  If we were 2-5 right now, which could have been very likely given a couple breaks having gone the other way then it'd be a totally different story IMO and Nagy would be squarely on the hot seat.

What do we do when we are 5-4?

Edited by WindyCity
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

What do we do when we are 5-4?

It's very possible that's where they are at after the next 2 games but there's not much we can do but to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. 5-4 at the halfway point is still a good record all things considered.

I may be very wrong on this but looking at the schedule I don't see how this team wins any less than 9 games considering they still play MIN twice, DET once, HOU and JAX.  Also GB may have the div wrapped up by week 17 which could make that last home game against them a bit easier seeing as they may rest starters such as ARod and Co.

Will that be enough to make the playoffs?  Who knows...but Bears really benefited those first few games by being lucky to get those wins. It'll probably a detriment to this team for the future but you can't tell that to management, coaches and players.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It's very possible that's where they are at after the next 2 games but there's not much we can do but to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. 5-4 at the halfway point is still a good record all things considered.

I may be very wrong on this but looking at the schedule I don't see how this team wins any less than 9 games considering they still play MIN twice, DET once, HOU and JAX.  Also GB may have the div wrapped up by week 17 which could make that last home game against them a bit easier seeing as they may rest starters such as ARod and Co.

Will that be enough to make the playoffs?  Who knows...but Bears really benefited those first few games by being lucky to get those wins. It'll probably a detriment to this team for the future but you can't tell that to management, coaches and players.

 

Making the playoffs by bum slaying and then getting bounced right away by a good teams seems like such a hollow thing.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It's very possible that's where they are at after the next 2 games but there's not much we can do but to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. 5-4 at the halfway point is still a good record all things considered.

I may be very wrong on this but looking at the schedule I don't see how this team wins any less than 9 games considering they still play MIN twice, DET once, HOU and JAX.  Also GB may have the div wrapped up by week 17 which could make that last home game against them a bit easier seeing as they may rest starters such as ARod and Co.

Will that be enough to make the playoffs?  Who knows...but Bears really benefited those first few games by being lucky to get those wins. It'll probably a detriment to this team for the future but you can't tell that to management, coaches and players.

 

Bears will lose to MN once, DET and HOU. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Bears will lose to MN once, DET and HOU. 

It's possible but MIN is in tank mode from the looks of it and Cousins usually always struggles against Bears.  Along with Detroit this is one team Nagy usually handles pretty well as a coach.  Maybe split but I like their chances of winning both against MIN. Detroit is a possible loss because they are playing better lately but it is in Chicago so weather may play an advantage.

As for Houston they have Watson and that's about it,  their D is really bad despite having JJ still and they have to come up and play in the Chicago cold.  GB handled these guys pretty well and their D is worse than Bears so I like our chances.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One name that was brought up by basically the worst people in the business (Sports Mockery) that would be a -very- interesting option to me, was  Cards WR Andy Isabella as a potential trade target..

He's actually been solid in limited opportunities for Ari, and I loved his game coming out.  I'm not sure he'd come as cheaply as the clickbait Sports Mock article said he would (they said a 5th).... but I wouldn't be opposed to getting him in for say a 4th or even conditional 3rd, and throwing a 7th at John Ross as well.

Why? Because both of them are low 4.3 speed guys, and having 2 or even 3 of those on the team (Mooney being the third) just running vertical routes all day might be able to open some things up for us in the running game or let us get lucky on some home runs if either of our QBs ever learns how to throw a damn pass..... I'm also frankly not expecting Arob to be here next year, and I see no reason to keep Miller around longer term, so if I'm revamping the Offense I'm building the WRs for speed/deep balls off play action and a revamped line.

Once again, I don't for a single second think Pace does these things, but a "if I where a gm" rant.

Edited by Epyon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...