Sign in to follow this  
howru8888

Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

One name that was brought up by basically the worst people in the business (Sports Mockery) that would be a -very- interesting option to me, was  Cards WR Andy Isabella as a potential trade target..

He's actually been solid in limited opportunities for Ari, and I loved his game coming out.  I'm not sure he'd come as cheaply as the clickbait Sports Mock article said he would (they said a 5th).... but I wouldn't be opposed to getting him in for say a 4th or even conditional 3rd, and throwing a 7th at John Ross as well.

Why? Because both of them are low 4.3 speed guys, and having 2 or even 3 of those on the team (Mooney being the third) just running vertical routes all day might be able to open some things up for us in the running game or let us get lucky on some home runs if either of our QBs ever learns how to throw a damn pass..... I'm also frankly not expecting Arob to be here next year, and I see no reason to keep Miller around longer term, so if I'm revamping the Offense I'm building the WRs for speed/deep balls off play action and a revamped line.

Once again, I don't for a single second think Pace does these things, but a "if I where a gm" rant.

Question: do you think Foles/Trubisky/Bray is ever going to have time to hit a deep threat? I really feel our passing gameplan has reacted to our terrible OL by focusing on more short passing to buoy our running game.

I like your posts a lot but if we trade for a WR right now, or draft an RB I will be pledging allegiance to Windy in Firepacetown

41 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Question: do you think Foles/Trubisky/Bray is ever going to have time to hit a deep threat? I really feel our passing gameplan has reacted to our terrible OL by focusing on more short passing to buoy our running game.

I like your posts a lot but if we trade for a WR right now, or draft an RB I will be pledging allegiance to Windy in Firepacetown

To be clear.... No, I don't think Biscuit or Foles is hitting a deep threat this season. These moves aren't necessarily "this season" moves. I mean, they can't hurt this season (other than potentially improving our draft stock), but I'm trying to build an offense for the future, and I'm honestly not really seeing any WR on this roster I'm keeping other than Mooney or Cohen (and I actually didn't want to resign Cohen, but it's already done).

Zach Wilson (or more likely Foles for the first half of the season) will be hitting deep threats NEXT season however, with a revamped OL in my ideal world.  I don't particularly care if Pace is here for that, and I'm already pretty over Nagy. I'd wager Pace is gonna get removed if Nagy does, however.

I'm for either making a real effort at this season, which at this point would require an OL trade, or selling and shedding contracts before a very very lean year and getting some picks to acquire the talent we need to field an NFL offense

• Like 1

Chargers deal Desmond King to the Titans for a 6th round pick.  I don’t watch much Chargers football, but that seems incredibly low for King.

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Chargers deal Desmond King to the Titans for a 6th round pick.  I don’t watch much Chargers football, but that seems incredibly low for King.

sounds like you think it's low because he was a really good player at Iowa and was an all-pro his first year as a slot corner but has declined in the last year or so

3 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

So Pace is just going to sit on his hands today and do nothing?

Most teams did nothing today. Tightening salary cap and draft picks are valuable. 

5 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

So Pace is just going to sit on his hands today and do nothing?

I am fine with that, there is nothing out there that would help the team and it would be wasting future resources that will be needed. And for the want to sell everything off it isn’t going to happen until at the earliest after the season and before the draft. But I don’t think that happens until 2022, I think this is pretty much the same team that goes into next season.