Oh my God! We're having a fire... sale!!!

ET80

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Its shady and im sure illegal, but too bad we cant find a way to trade Fuller with the understanding that we will sign him this off season

They tried to sign Clowney at the end of the summer, so wouldn’t be out of the question for them to take a look if they did trade Fuller (and his price tag wasn’t too high come offseason).

3 hours ago, tab said:

apparently greenbay asking about Fuller

Hearing that draft picks aren't to our liking makes me feel good. Methinks Cal flat out said "If we get reamed like we did for Hopkins, don't bother packing up your office, just get out..."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, according to Albert Breer, the four untouchable players are...

- Deshaun Watson (Yup)

- Larmey Tunsil (Sure)

- Tytus Howard (Makes sense)

- JJ WATT (QUE!?)

So... Justin Reid is available. That's unexpected.

I don’t know why Howard is untouchable. I’d take a first round pick for him easily. 

idk what the deal is with watt. Maybe he’s indicated he wants to be a Texan for life and will restructure his deal this off season. 

reid ain’t all that special. He’s good but he’s not a great safety on a dominate defense. 

Can't imagine Deshaun being okay with trading Fuller, or Weaver being okay with trading Reid.

Only players I see leaving is Merc, Stills, Cooks or Cobb.

Even then, are we going to get anything more than a 3rd? Probably not, really just depends on the urgency, we could make it all back in comp picks next draft and have a killer year.

Bill knows what hes done, he's not just screwed us in terms of our future but he's made it so we can't fix it, none of these players are worth anything.

One thing to be mindful of - as of right now, the Texans have *eight picks in 2021:

3rd round

4th round (x2)

5th round

6th round (x3)

7th round

(* There could be some comp picks in here too...)

So, the Texans aren't lacking picks. They're lacking premium picks. So, if nobody is offering premium picks, there's really no reason to trade anyone away.

(I'm pretty certain that Easterby doesn't know this, though).

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

AND WE HAVE A TRADE!!!

Didn't we just sign this guy off of waivers? Cut CJ Prosice to get him? Picked him up off waivers from Indy? And now we're trading him for a 7th?

Well, I guess that's something. 

Yeah idk what this did. A 7th rounder is pretty worthless unless we need a punter or kicker

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yeah idk what this did. A 7th rounder is pretty worthless unless we need a punter or kicker

It's nine picks now - I think they're going for quantity over quality, throw as much as you can against the wall and see what sticks.

37 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's nine picks now - I think they're going for quantity over quality, throw as much as you can against the wall and see what sticks.

Maybe try and use multiple 7s to move into the the 6th? 

I think RB is a position that can be found later in the draft if you know where to look. 

im still hoping we can move some guys on defense, even if they aren’t for good picks, just to clear space to keep our offense together. 

I’ve done these numbers somewhere but we have 31 million tied up In 4 WRs

next year we have 22 tied up in cooks and Cobb. We don’t need a 4th WR making more than a small salary. That means we have 9 million to spend on Fuller without paying anymore than we currently are. Since it might take 15, we’ve got to either restructure cooks and get his hit down or find somewhere else to get that money. 

considering we are saving 7 million from cutting David Johnson, we should plan on keeping the cooks/Cobb/Fuller trio and rolling with Duke Johnson and a rookie RB. 

the. We get under the cap by cutting McKinney and Dunn. 

guys like Kelemete, Fells, anger and Fulton can be cut to make way for rookies. 

then we have the decision on JJ Watts 17.5 million that can be cleared up for nothing. 

personally I’d rather keep our trio of WRs than pay watt that much money. 

If we really have an eye to the future and are going all in on the offense, we have to trade Roby by the deadline for anything. His cap hit in a trade is not much. We would save enough money to basically sign our entire rookie class. 

I also think we should go get a rookie punter and not pay anger 3 million when we are cash strapped.