Way too early (Week 7) - Mock Draft

nozzyboi

My Mock draft with Predicted Order of Draft:

1. NY Jets - Justin Fields QB, Ohio State

2. Cincinnati - Penei Sewell OT, Oregon 

3. NY Giants - Ja'Marr Chase WR, LSU

4. Atlanta - Gregory Rousseau DE, Miami (FL)

5. Dallas - Patrick Surtain II CB, Alabama

6. Washington - Trevor Lawrence QB, Clemson

7. Jacksonville - Shaun Wade CB, Ohio State

8.  Houston - Travis Etienne RB, Clemson

9.  Minnesota - Javon Holland Safety, Oregon

10. *Dallas (Via Miami) - Marvin Wilson DT, Florida State

11. Carolina  - Wyatt Davis, OT Ohio State

12. Denver - Micah Parsons LB, Penn State

13. New England - Trey Lance QB, N. Dakota State

14. LA Chargers - Caleb Farley CB, Virginia Tech

15. Las Vegas -  Dylan Moses LB, Alabama

16. Detroit - Jaylen Waddle WR, Alabama

17. San Francisco - Trevon Moehrig Safety, TCU

18. New Orleans - Kyle Pitts TE, Florida

19. Philadelphia - Chris Olave WR, Ohio State

20. Indianapolis - Patrick Jones II Edge, Pittsburgh

21. *Washington (via Chicago) - Justyn Ross WR, Clemson

22.  Cleveland - Nick Bolton LB, Missouri

23. Tampa Bay - Quincy Roche Edge, Miami (FL)

24.  LA Rams - Alijah Vera-Tucker OL, USC

25. Arizona - Eric Stokes CB, Georgia

26. Buffalo - Trey Smith OL, Tennessee

27. Baltimore - DeVonte Smith WR, Alabama

28.  Tennessee - Christian Barmore DT, Alabama

29. Seattle - Chris Rumph II Edge, Duke

30. *NYJ (via Pittsburgh) - Rondale Moore WR, Purdue

31. Green Bay - Samuel Cosmi OL, Texas

32. Kansas City - Asante Samuel Jr CB, Florida State

*Dallas trades WR Amare Cooper and 4th round (2021) to Miami for #10 overall

*NY Jets send QB Sam Darnold to Pittsburgh for #30 overall (2021)

*Washington sends Dwayne Haskins to Chicago for #21 overall (2021)

I'll take Trevor Lawrence on the Falcons at pick 4 thank you very much and if Lawrence goes before 4 which is almost a lock at this point.  I'll take Micah Parsons at 4 who is probably the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in this draft and the #1 defensive prospect.  But if Lawrence is available to the Falcons it would be crazy for us not to take him.

Edited by FalconFan13

I come from a pure place when I say this. The NFL pipeline for QBs has ruined perception. Stripping football fans of the right to observe that position through an unbias lens. They do tell you who to watch and observe through the lens they want you to look through to believe that this QB is the next big thing. Trevor Lawrence has been gifted the golden boy label since he came into the college football scene. They had him the #1 overall pick before he stepped onto a campus. Has he played well? Absolutely. But is it also him going to a school that is deep with talent and helps him do more without worrying about the pressure to exceed expectations. YUP!!!!! 

Trevor Lawrence gets praised for attributes that many black QBs share; yet never get the amount of praise like their white counterpart. Now, TO THOSE WHO WILL READ THIS AND IMMEDIATELY DISCREDIT MY POINT BECAUSE I BROUGHT UP RACE. THAT'S FAIR! BUT THERE IS TRUTH TO WHAT I SAID. (AND NO, IM NOT SAYING JUSTIN FIELDS IS BETTER BECAUSE HE IS BLACK!!)

The fact that Lawrence was prophesized as this phenom is apart of the reason.  I believe that because of his hype; the media has given this man the power to call the shots. It's the same thing they did back in 2004 with Eli Manning. Eli Manning was highly touted coming out of ole miss. Simply because of his brother being Peyton. So the media was obsessed with the idea of Eli Manning and Peyton Manning playing against each other. So Eli told the San Diego Chargers before the draft that he didn't want to be a charger. He didn't want to be in the same conference as his brother. ELI MANNING HAD THAT POWER BECAUSE OF HOW HE WAS PROPHESIZED AS THIS PHENOM WHO WAS BETTER THAN PEYTON. (YES! MOST REPORTS BACK THEN WERE THAT ELI WAS EVEN BETTER THAN PEYTON!!)

Trevor Lawrence is going to pull that same ish. Because right now, the NY Jets are being labeled a trainwreck of a franchise. You have longtime Jets fans like Mike Greenberg telling Lawrence on camera, to avoid the NY Jets if he wants a career. So Lawrence is going to Eli Manning, the NY Jets. And Justin Fields who will have an outstanding year himself, will be the 2nd best option for NY. I don't think Atlanta will risk the #4 overall pick on a QB with Matt Ryan still on that big contract extension he signed two years back. That's why I have Washington picking him 

11 hours ago, nozzyboi said:

BTW, the last Golden Boy QB the NFL and Media promoted as the next GOD of the position was Andrew Luck and you see how they wound up. Indy never built around Luck and early retirement for him...

So bc Indy didn't surround him with talent he was a failure? Makes no sense. Luck the player was the best QB prospect since Peyton. And he was that good. It's a shame Indy never helped him. But he was 100% worth that pick. As will TLaw. Just whoever gets that pick better help him (which is true for every QB).