Way too early (Week 7) - Mock Draft

nozzyboi

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So bc Indy didn't surround him with talent he was a failure? Makes no sense. Luck the player was the best QB prospect since Peyton. And he was that good. It's a shame Indy never helped him. But he was 100% worth that pick. As will TLaw. Just whoever gets that pick better help him (which is true for every QB). 

I never said Andrew Luck was a failure. I said the last Golden Boy the NFL put up was Andrew Luck and he went to a franchise who treated him like he could do everything by himself. And Trevor Lawrence going to the Jets would be the same thing. Wasted Talent. The main point I was making was how Trevor Lawrence will pull an Eli Manning to make sure he is going to a team that will help him. Synder had money. Snyder has draft picks. He would def do it.

1 hour ago, nozzyboi said:

I never said Andrew Luck was a failure. I said the last Golden Boy the NFL put up was Andrew Luck and he went to a franchise who treated him like he could do everything by himself. And Trevor Lawrence going to the Jets would be the same thing. Wasted Talent. The main point I was making was how Trevor Lawrence will pull an Eli Manning to make sure he is going to a team that will help him. Synder had money. Snyder has draft picks. He would def do it.

So you’re just assuming the Jets wouldn’t help him?

No offense... but that’s a lazy assessment and guess quite frankly. 

Nozzy all rankings of QB's aside would you atleast agree that Lawrence going to the Falcons makes tons of sense and would be a better pick for us there.

1. Ryan is getting older and you can see him declining already.  Still solid but im not sure he makes it past or through this contract with a new coaching staff. 
2.  Ryans contract is going to kill future cap space if we keep him after this next year.  We have to move him in 2021/2022 offseason to even build a competitive team cap wise.
3.  Lawrence is from here and the Falcons are his favorite nfl team quoted from him this season. 
4. He has a massive following here and it even makes tons of sense from the business side of things in the owners pockets lol. 
5.  Justin Fields is already gone who would have also made alot of sense for these exact same reasons.  So Lawrence who i think is better of the 2 is the logical choice being thats who's available.
6.  With a new coaching staff and as much talent as we have it's highly unlikely we get a chance at another talent at QB like Lawrence or Fields again in the next few years. 

Im not saying we should trade up for either of them as we have other needs as well and we have to shed contracts big time from vets at other positions as well so we can't afford to move draft picks to move up for a QB.   Greg is a fine player in his own right but he himself has flaws and is a lesser prospect than a Lawrence or Fields.  Plus QB is a much more important position for this franchises future if the talents are similar.    I believe we can much more easily find a productive DE in the next few drafts in the 15 to 32 range than we could find a QB of a Lawrence or Fields at 15 to 32 in the next few drafts. 

I feel i have made a very good case of not only on the field but off the field reasonings as to why we should take Lawrence or Fields if they fall to us over any other player in this draft.   If those 2 are gone then im all on board with Greg, Michah, etc... as i don't value Lance nor any other QB nearly as high as i do those 2 in this draft.

On 10/28/2020 at 5:44 PM, nozzyboi said:

Watch yourself 

I am a Shawnee Indian you know the trail of tears.

My wife is from Mexico

My farther is Shawnee Indian

My daughter is 75 percent minority

Many of my veteran friends are black

When Myles came out he got just as much attention as any qb of any color 

You can consider yourself honored

This is the first time I've brought that out.

My reason on not liking OSU qb I am not aware that there qbs have made 2 pro bowls let alone like some university that have won multiple super bowls 

Edited by mtmmike
omittion