Parsons vs...

Hunter2_1

On 10/30/2020 at 8:24 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think that maybe the case with fringe players but with guys who have enough film and will test off the charts like him and say a guy like Gregory Rosseau wont affect that much, scouts see what they need to see. Now im definitely with you on the premise because it's true in a lot of cases but with Parsons, his impact and film he already has is evident. The worst that could happen is he slide to 7 or so which would be a huge win for whoever that is that takes him

I think this is a good point but Rousseau is a terrible example. He's absolutely a guy who could've used more film. A lot of his sacks last year were on stunts and other things like that where he was rushing against the interior OL. Putting out some solid tape this year where he showed off some actual technique and some pass rush moves would've solidified him in that elite range. As it stands he has one year of not great tape. He will get drafted high due to his athleticism and upside, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him slip a bit because teams are not sure that he has skills that translate to the NFL.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 7:47 AM, THE DUKE said:

Personally, i'd have some reservations about taking a guy top 10 who hasn't had live game reps in over a year.  This is a crucial time in development, and not getting those game reps will hurt.  To what extent we can't know, but it's definitely an issue.

Bosa sat out and didn't miss a beat.  No I'm not saying Micah Parsons is Bosa however he is pretty damn good.

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Bosa sat out and didn't miss a beat.  No I'm not saying Micah Parsons is Bosa however he is pretty damn good.

Bosa had all of the spring and summer training and played in 3 or 4 games then had an injury.  Parsons hasn't done anything since last January other than train since spring practices were cancelled.  And i'm not saying Parsons is a sure fire bust or anything, just that having that much of a layoff might be detrimental.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 3:31 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Surely he's much faster than DH? 

Yeah I don’t like that comparison. If I had to compare him to a current NFL LB I’d probably go with Darius Leonard. Power, Explosiveness, Instincts, Physicality, Instincts. But I’ll admit I might need to rewatch Parson’s and Leonard tapes back to back before I’m comfortable enough to to make that comparison.

But just off the top of my head, its who I think of.

Edited by diamondbull424

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I don’t like that comparison. If I had to compare him to a current NFL LB I’d probably go with Darius Leonard. Power, Explosiveness, Instincts, Physicality, Instincts. But I’ll admit I might need to rewatch Parson’s and Leonard tapes back to back before I’m comfortable enough to to make that comparison.

But just off the top of my head, its who I think of.

From what I initially head I was going Deion Jones (for the speed), but sounds like he's also more powerful and with better instincts 

33 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

From what I initially head I was going Deion Jones (for the speed), but sounds like he's also more powerful and with better instincts 

Haha I just realized I wrote instincts twice, but yeah he definitely has both speed and power and instincts.

Watching Parsons made me sour on all the defensive prospects I wast scouting for the Ravens... I instantly felt like no matter who we took, they would never be as good as Parsons. The guy is just an absolute stud... or at least was last season. Though, I wasn’t particularly watching him, I was watching Yetur Gross-Matos tape and I kept seeing some guy absolutely destroy and demolish. The more and more YGM, I watched the more I realized the true diamond on that defense was Parsons. Which for people who actually watch college football is obviously not surprising. But considering I just look over the top prospect rankings and just go down the list to watch cut ups of as many as possible... I was certainly not aware of Parsons initially.

So all that to say that I didn’t actually watch any Parsons tape, I just noticed him and couldn’t “unnotice” (I know its not a word) him. Just kept popping and I’d watch plays and forget I was supposed to be watching the tape for YGM. 😂

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Haha I just realized I wrote instincts twice, but yeah he definitely has both speed and power and instincts.

Watching Parsons made me sour on all the defensive prospects I wast scouting for the Ravens... I instantly felt like no matter who we took, they would never be as good as Parsons. The guy is just an absolute stud... or at least was last season. Though, I wasn’t particularly watching him, I was watching Yetur Gross-Matos tape and I kept seeing some guy absolutely destroy and demolish. The more and more YGM, I watched the more I realized the true diamond on that defense was Parsons. Which for people who actually watch college football is obviously not surprising. But considering I just look over the top prospect rankings and just go down the list to watch cut ups of as many as possible... I was certainly not aware of Parsons initially.

So all that to say that I didn’t actually watch any Parsons tape, I just noticed him and couldn’t “unnotice” (I know its not a word) him. Just kept popping and I’d watch plays and forget I was supposed to be watching the tape for YGM. 😂

Even more impressive. Can't see him making it past the top 6 or so. Cowboys?

27 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Even more impressive. Can't see him making it past the top 6 or so. Cowboys?

Kind of a weird year and others have stated he has some sort of character concerns in this thread. I’m not sure what that’s all about. I sort of feel like the Dolphins will draft him. Think they will use the Texans pick to trade down and take him around pick 8-12. Then use their actual pick to get Tua WR help. Perhaps even trading up to get DeVonta Smith.

I just figure that Parsons, as good as he is, is a LB and those get undervalued in the league. We’ll likely see 4 QBs go within the top 10 picks, so that will push blue chip talent down the board as well. I feel the Cowboys could go for a CB. I think if they finish with a top 5 pick they will be the obvious team to trade out for draft profit and go with fixing their DB core.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Kind of a weird year and others have stated he has some sort of character concerns in this thread. I’m not sure what that’s all about. I sort of feel like the Dolphins will draft him. Think they will use the Texans pick to trade down and take him around pick 8-12. Then use their actual pick to get Tua WR help. Perhaps even trading up to get DeVonta Smith.

I just figure that Parsons, as good as he is, is a LB and those get undervalued in the league. We’ll likely see 4 QBs go within the top 10 picks, so that will push blue chip talent down the board as well. I feel the Cowboys could go for a CB. I think if they finish with a top 5 pick they will be the obvious team to trade out for draft profit and go with fixing their DB core.

Agreed.

Good for my team, we need fast LBs like nothing else!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Agreed.

Good for my team, we need fast LBs like nothing else!

Yeah Parsons would also be a fit for the Patriots, though I think you guys eventually win out of the range to ultimately select him. Though I guess, your point was that the more QBs, the more talent that gets pushed down to you guys regardless of whether Parsons is available. Which would certainly be accurate.