GDT: Titans (5-1) at Bengals (1-5-1)

Titans fan 617

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But being realistic.....

The defense is so bad. 

Can you honestly picture this team stopping anyone with a pulse in the passing game?

Does the Bears passing game have a pulse? I don’t think so but I’m sure Foles or Trubisky or whoever the hell they have starting will look like Tom Brady. Fully expecting a loss next week especially against that D. Our offense struggled against this terrible defense, I can only imagine next week.

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

And also lost in all this hating on the defensive play calling and coaching...our players just have to start winning matchups. Like I get our CBs outside of Butler suck and there's only so much you can expect there, but how are Simmons, Clowney and Landry not dominating the offensive line we just played? They were largely stonewalled all game. Burrow often had just all day to throw.

We shouldn't even need to blitz when we have Clowney and Simmons and Landry going up against bottom tier backup o-linemen.

Beasley and Clowney are complete waste of money. 

I didn't expect Clowney to be a sack machine. I just expected him to make a difference. His name wasn't called all game. And I forgot he was on the team. 

Hated trading Casey and I hate it even more now. I know he wasn't an impact player as much but he was better than this. 

austin Johnson, Casey, Simmons and Jones was better group than this. 

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Does the Bears passing game have a pulse? I don’t think so but I’m sure Foles or Trubisky or whoever the hell they have starting will look like Tom Brady. Fully expecting a loss next week especially against that D. Our offense struggled against this terrible defense, I can only imagine next week.

Foles just had a bomb to Allen Robinson and some rookie named Mooney. 

So yeah they can drop 300 and 3 TDs on us. 

harold landry played every snap but one. simmons played 89% of snaps. hard to have an effective defensive line when you're absolutely exhausting your best two players.

we rotated a lot last year. it's like anything and everything that made sense about our defense left with pees.

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

harold landry played every snap but one. simmons played 89% of snaps. hard to have an effective defensive line when you're absolutely exhausting your best two players.

we rotated a lot last year. it's like anything and everything that made sense about our defense left with pees.

I think we all feared this. 
We were worried about Dean leaving. We didn't think we'd fall off a cliff tho. 
Logan Ryan and Casey were vets that still had something left in the tank and we should have kept for one more year at least. 

Clowney was a nice shiny object that we chased and in hindsight was a bad move.  Let this be a lesson to us next year when there is another "late" FA chase (Suh and now Clowney). Suh wouldn't have been worth it and Clowney isn't. 
Clowney would have to get 10 sacks and a TD these last games to be worth it. 

Beasley sucks. Not even Vrabel magic can turn him into a player. Wouldn't be surprised if this is Beasley's last year in the league. Wasn't it said something before the season he wants to open a church or something like that?

It's like Robinson picks an area every year that he screws up going into the season.  
Last year was Kicker.
Previous year was WR and we had Nick Williams dropping game winners.
Now we have the CB AND OLB spot. I guess he felt hey I have Adoree, Butler, Fulton, a vet in Joseph, nice depth rookie in Jackson and some quality PS players in Smith. 
Then thought hey I got two former All-Pro guys in Clowney and Beasley to add to solid Landry and Correa who plays hard and the run to add a nice depth player in Roberson. 

Ended up with an average Butler and nothing. Then Average play from Landry and nothing.

They need to cut Joseph and some other of the DBs and sign like 3 guys off the street. Simplify the scheme and play straight up.