GDT: Titans (5-1) at Bengals (1-5-1)

Titans fan 617

6 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

The Bengals go 5 WR a large majority of the time, how is your guys DB depth? The Bengals are not afraid to let Burrow throw all game, heck he had 61 pass attempts in one of our games. If the run game doesn’t work they will just throw the rest of the game. 

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’d take him over Smith or Joseph in a heartbeat.

Sims drove me crazy towards the end of last year because he would be right on guys but he refused to turn his head to play the ball 

I wouldn’t give up a pick for a guy we could of signed 

If the Titans are giving up picks it needs to be for actual guys that can make an impact at this point 

46 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Sims drove me crazy towards the end of last year because he would be right on guys but he refused to turn his head to play the ball 

I wouldn’t give up a pick for a guy we could of signed 

If the Titans are giving up picks it needs to be for actual guys that can make an impact at this point 

Oh I certainly wouldn’t trade for him either. He’s a solid #4 CB though which is way more than what Joseph and Smith should be.

The Bengals throw the ball a ton, but they’re pretty average at it. Bottom half of the league in both YPA and rating and they are likely down two or three offensive linemen and their RB. Add in that they have one of the three or four worst run defenses in football, there’s no sense pretending that a Bengals win would be anything short of a huge upset.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I could very well see a loss this week. Their greatest strength(passing) against our biggest weakness(pass-defense). Our offense is going to have to be flawless.

honestly I get that our pass D sucks and that "any given Sunday" is absolutely a thing in the NFL

But to say our "offense is going to have to be flawless" to beat a 1-win team is just flat out wrong. Like not even nearly rooted in reality.

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

honestly I get that our pass D sucks and that "any given Sunday" is absolutely a thing in the NFL

But to say our "offense is going to have to be flawless" to beat a 1-win team is just flat out wrong. Like not even nearly rooted in reality.

Agreed 

I expect Henry to have a great day Sunday 

Probaly means nothing and there will definitely be times the Titans defense struggles in the game but they have to be given credit for adjusting in the 2nd half of that game 

2nd half adjustments have been something the Titans defense has been good at for a while now especially when not playing at full strength 

Last year in Indy with no Adoree the Titans were down 17-7 at the half I think? Then came out and won the game in the 2nd half 

1st half in Oakland they exchanged scores *** for tat then the 2nd half the poured it on 

Game was close vs Houston week 17 then the Titans ran away with it in the 2nd half 

Up until the goal line stand vs NE which the Pats went up 13-7 at that point then the Titans shut them out in the 2nd half 

To me it just seems like a trend 

I don’t want them to live and die by this method but I’m not going to freak out about playing the 1-5-1 Bengals

Burrow is a great kid he will have lots of statistical success in this league and may have a good stat line by the end of the game as far as yards go 

I just think the Titans are the superior team

Not saying they can’t lose but I don’t think they do 

There’s still a mission to win the South and the core guys are playing well

Bengals defense is among the worst in rushing so I expect Henry to have a great day

When Tannehill needs to throw there will be plenty of options