GDT: Titans (5-1) at Bengals (1-5-1)

Titans fan 617

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Gilmore Butler Adoree is way better than anything we are trotting out 

Totally agree. I am just confused with our team as a whole after todays game, and am really worried what this can spiral into. How does the line get no pressure on an offensive line of backups? Is the offense maybe feeling the pressure of having the defense be so bad that they have to score 30 every game to win. Then the special teams looks like it is also starting to look a bit uncharacteristic and making bad mistakes. I have faith we can turn it around, but I am confused on what to expect and where to exactly point the finger. We need to figure it out though, a 3 game losing streak would look real bad going into that divisional game against indy. Adoree is a must have next week. 

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lol. 9-7

Shane Bowen is the defacto DC. He may not have the title but he takes on the play calling responsibilities. So Vrabel is technically right here, not giving someone that title doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Just has to do with the fact that Bowen doesn't seem to understand how to effectively call a game and our CBs outside of Butler are burnt toast.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The positives

We still lead the division. 

5-2 isn't a death sentence. 

Other contenders have 2 losses too. (Packers, Bucs. Ravens)

But our defense...... 

Yes. Positivity. I want to win the division this year. We need to get back on a winning streak. Colts play the Ravens next week. I dont see the Ravens losing two in a row. So lets get two in a row and then go from there.

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Yes. Positivity. I want to win the division this year. We need to get back on a winning streak. Colts play the Ravens next week. I dont see the Ravens losing two in a row. So lets get two in a row and then go from there.

But being realistic.....

The defense is so bad. 

Can you honestly picture this team stopping anyone with a pulse in the passing game?

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

If Robinson continues to follow the Patriots way of thinking, we're not making a huge move. It's going to be hoping Jackson and Fulton returning fixes the secondary enough that the defense can go from trash to below average and the offense keeps up their pace.

I honestly dont see us trading. Unless it is a 6th or 7th rounder.

Fulton won't be back for at least 3 weeks. He on IR. If we counting on that then we will be 5-5 or 5-6 by time that happens. 

Jackson isn't a magic pill. Jackson can't rush the passer. Jackson can't cover the whole field. 

There is a fundamental problem with the defense along with terrible personnel. 

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If Robinson continues to follow the Patriots way of thinking, we're not making a huge move. It's going to be hoping Jackson and Fulton returning fixes the secondary enough that the defense can go from trash to below average and the offense keeps up their pace.

And also lost in all this hating on the defensive play calling and coaching...our players just have to start winning matchups. Like I get our CBs outside of Butler suck and there's only so much you can expect there, but how are Simmons, Clowney and Landry not dominating the offensive line we just played? They were largely stonewalled all game. Burrow often had just all day to throw.

We shouldn't even need to blitz when we have Clowney and Simmons and Landry going up against bottom tier backup o-linemen.

Just now, KingTitan said:

But being realistic.....

The defense is so bad. 

Can you honestly picture this team stopping anyone with a pulse in the passing game?

Nope, just have to be more manageable. I hope Adoree can come back and the execution and play calling can get better and make the defense manageable. Maybe add a cheap outside piece.  I think for us to do damage in the playoffs we need great offense and and a defense that can step up in big moments. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But being realistic.....

The defense is so bad. 

We can’t even stop anyone in the run game 

Jones Clowney arnt doing enough 

Simmons has been our best D-Linemen by far but he needs help around him