GDT: Titans (5-1) at Bengals (1-5-1)

Titans fan 617

For as frustrated as I was by soft coverage and four-man rushes, there’s no defense for Clowney, Landry and Beasley. Simmons was constantly doubled today, leaving the edge rushers one-on-one with backup tackles. For them to get no sacks and no hits is such a massive indictment.

The only thing I can say for Landry is that he seems to be getting double-digit coverage snaps, which is such a tough ask when he’s already playing every play.

Clowney has been a glorified Derrick Morgan. Ton of close calls and almost plays, but no real impact.

I have no words for Vic Beasley. We can talk about Clowney wasting money, but at least the effort is there and at least there’s some pressures.

We spent $9.5 million on a guy that doesn’t want to be here, doesn’t want to play football, and has made no positive impact after coming to camp late and hurt. $9.5 million that either could’ve been spent on a corner, or would’ve given us a hell of a lot more flexibility at the trade deadline. J-Rob has had some bad FA signing, nobody comes close to Beasley.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

For as frustrated as I was by soft coverage and four-man rushes, there’s no defense for Clowney, Landry and Beasley. Simmons was constantly doubled today, leaving the edge rushers one-on-one with backup tackles. For them to get no sacks and no hits is such a massive indictment.

The only thing I can say for Landry is that he seems to be getting double-digit coverage snaps, which is such a tough ask when he’s already playing every play.

Clowney has been a glorified Derrick Morgan. Ton of close calls and almost plays, but no real impact.

I have no words for Vic Beasley. We can talk about Clowney wasting money, but at least the effort is there and at least there’s some pressures.

We spent $9.5 million on a guy that doesn’t want to be here, doesn’t want to play football, and has made no positive impact after coming to camp late and hurt. $9.5 million that either could’ve been spent on a corner, or would’ve given us a hell of a lot more flexibility at the trade deadline. J-Rob has had some bad FA signing, nobody comes close to Beasley.

3 year deal for Sylvester Williams comes to mind but Beasley is the highest salary that is straight up garbage. 
Could have signed Desir, Mackenzie Alexander and Emmanuel Ogbah (5 sacks so far). Instead of Joseph and Beasley.

24 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Smh

yeah, sorry, this is absolutely same ol titans. this is almost losing to the 0-13 colts level- the bengals are much better than that colts team, but we're also supposed to be better than that titans team was.

4 minutes ago, 615finest said:

This loss sucks even more looking at our upcoming games. Bears, Colts, and Ravens. I don’t think our defense can stop any of these teams and Khalil Mack scares me to death. We can easily come out of this 5-5

I think we luck our way to 6-4. Jackson coming back might help us stumble into a win against Bears.

Bur Ravens and Colts will carve us up.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I think we luck our way to 6-4. Jackson coming back might help us stumble into a win against Bears.

Bur Ravens and Colts will carve us up.

I hope we can make it out 6-4 but us losing to the bengals has me losing faith a little bit.

Or maybe they’ll shock me and use the us against the world  mentality and come out 8-2. Honestly looking at the schedule we really don’t have any more easy games outside of the Jags so if we don’t fix this our season can easily go down the drain.

This was one of the biggest plays of the game, ended up being the difference between us having the ball at the 40 with 2:30 minutes and a chance to take the lead before half and us being down two scores going into the break.

Three-man rush with a safety 30 yards deep, man coverage, and two backers floating around doing nothing on 4th and 5.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This was one of the biggest plays of the game, ended up being the difference between us having the ball at the 40 with 2:30 minutes and a chance to take the lead before half and us being down two scores going into the break.

Three-man rush with a safety 30 yards deep, man coverage, and two backers floating around doing nothing on 4th and 5.

Adding to this, look at Simmons getting all three interior OL, Clowney getting picked up by the RB and LG as he works the LT, and there’s Beasley, completely isolated with a backup RT who absolutely stonewalls him.

But hey, at least we have Landry dropping into either a zone or spying Burrow.

42 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Adding to this, look at Simmons getting all three interior OL, Clowney getting picked up by the RB and LG as he works the LT, and there’s Beasley, completely isolated with a backup RT who absolutely stonewalls him.

But hey, at least we have Landry dropping into either a zone or spying Burrow.

we also had vaccaro spying burrow. 3 man rush with 2 QB spies on 4th down against an offensive line playing 4 backups and a QB that, while mobile, isn't a huge runner. just incredible stuff.

• Like 1

I’m sure I’m missing one but I’ve never come into a season with such high expectations for a unit and it being the complete opposite. If everything clicked, I thought we could have a top 5 defense. Instead it’s the reverse and we have a bottom 5 unit.

Vrabel and Jon Robinson are really going have to buckle down and figure this thing out. Our season could derail in a snap if something doesn’t change. The more the defense struggles, the more games will lose. The more losses that come, the more players will began to publicly voice their frustrations. That’s how you can lose a season.