GDT: Titans (5-1) at Bengals (1-5-1)

Titans fan 617

20 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Outside of our woeful defense, just want to say I hate this is most likely going to be Corey Davis last season here. He’s the ideal #2 to AJ Brown’s #1, specifically for this team.

What’s sad is for years we needed an offense to help our defense 

Now we need a defense to help our offense 

I hope we find a way to keep Davis 

Davis and Brown compliment eachother so well

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

What’s sad is for years we needed an offense to help our defense 

Now we need a defense to help our offense 

I hope we find a way to keep Davis 

Davis and Brown compliment eachother so well

This year felt like the year where it’d click for both sides. Felt we had the pieces to be good offensively and defensively. Unfortunately only one side has lived up to our expectations. 

You want to talk about stats that go with the eye test.

Between our draft class and free agent signings, I’d like to just erase our 2020 offseason transactions from my memory.

Edited by TitanSlim

I’ve tried to defend Joseph in my head. He’s just not athletic enough to be a boundary CB and is being asked to play a role he’s just not physically capable of. But he entirely lost me with two plays yesterday.

One was the touchdown on the out route where he had outside leverage and just didn’t bother doing his job. That wasn’t an athleticism problem, that was a intelligence/effort problem.

Then there was the play where he was playing eight yards off, the guy catches it in the flat, and Joseph starts to charge and just flat out stops moving five yards short of the receiver, handing him a free 5-7 yards. If you’re going to compensate for your athleticism by playing way off, you better be an aggressive and physical tackler. And he just failed in every way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve tried to defend Joseph in my head. He’s just not athletic enough to be a boundary CB and is being asked to play a role he’s just not physically capable of. But he entirely lost me with two plays yesterday.

One was the touchdown on the out route where he had outside leverage and just didn’t bother doing his job. That wasn’t an athleticism problem, that was a intelligence/effort problem.

Then there was the play where he was playing eight yards off, the guy catches it in the flat, and Joseph starts to charge and just flat out stops moving five yards short of the receiver, handing him a free 5-7 yards. If you’re going to compensate for your athleticism by playing way off, you better be an aggressive and physical tackler. And he just failed in every way. 

Adam Archuleta even commented on the screen play that he didn't attack

that was unforgivable 

And Beasley is the worst. Might actually be my least-favorite Titan of all time. Most of the other players (looking at you Eugene Amano) were just entirely overwhelmed, bad players, that had no chance. Beasley is lazy and terrible. As mediocre as Correa is, there’s no way you can sell me on Beasley being a better football player.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And Beasley is the worst. Might actually be my least-favorite Titan of all time. Most of the other players (looking at you Eugene Amano) were just entirely overwhelmed, bad players, that had no chance. Beasley is lazy and terrible. As mediocre as Correa is, there’s no way you can sell me on Beasley being a better football player.

The day cannot come soon enough, but I hope Vic doesn't let the door hit him on the way out

Had major doubts about the signing. He's been a massive whiff

JRob is either hitting home runs or striking out looking it seems like.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I saw it live and was so happy that they went back to it on the replay. It was just so bad.

it reminded me of guys like ramsey and cromartie making business decisions in run defense. totally shameful and something that to this point hasn't been tolerated on our defense. what an indicator of how far we've fallen

I rewatched the highlights from yesterday and the offense wasn't as bad as i thought and the defense was worst. It was sooooooo many times Joseph's fault. 
The 4th and 4 was when I got heated all over again.  3 man rush and couldn't cover or get to the QB and allowed a long pass. 
If we stopped them there....our offense was moving all day. 

Just hate everything we did on defense. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I rewatched the highlights from yesterday and the offense wasn't as bad as i thought and the defense was worst. It was sooooooo many times Joseph's fault. 
The 4th and 4 was when I got heated all over again.  3 man rush and couldn't cover or get to the QB and allowed a long pass. 
If we stopped them there....our offense was moving all day. 

Just hate everything we did on defense. 

I complained about the offense a little yesterday -- and losing Lewan is certainly playing a part in our passing O not being what it was -- but the defense simply is not doing the O any favors whatsoever. In years past, we relied on the D to come up with stop after stop after stop once the offense failed to put points up. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

It's not sustainable. It's impossible to make mistake-free on offense and that's essentially what our D is asking of us. Notice how LONG every drive is for our opponents? Cincy had 35 TOP! That's because we're letting everyone just dink and dunk their way down the field because we're too concerned with giving up the big play. Our O is never on the field!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I complained about the offense a little yesterday -- and losing Lewan is certainly playing a part in our passing O not being what it was -- but the defense simply is not doing the O any favors whatsoever. In years past, we relied on the D to come up with stop after stop after stop once the offense failed to put points up. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

It's not sustainable. It's impossible to make mistake-free on offense and that's essentially what our D is asking of us. Notice how LONG every drive is for our opponents? Cincy had 35 TOP! That's because we're letting everyone just dink and dunk their way down the field because we're too concerned with giving up the big play. Our O is never on the field!

The Time of Possession is the biggest problem I had. If we could just get our offense the ball, we'd be fine. But the other team takes the ball on these 12 min drives and leaves our offense with so little time and then they have to play mistake free, like you said.

It makes it seem like the offense is bad, but they are playing great by NFL standards. They aren't going 3 and out. They move the ball and sometimes have a mistake. You'd then expect your FG to make a FG or the defense to hold when we flip the filed on a punt. 
But nope. They allow these long flipping drives and then expect our offense to go out and score within 3 mins every time. 

Yeah, the offense was uncharacteristically bad in plus territory yesterday. From Tannehill’s pick to Gost’s miss to drives stalling two or three times after reaching Cincy’s 40. But the biggest problem is that the defense could never just get them the ball right back.

They did exactly what we want to do, once they had the lead, they burned a ton of time. Five drives of five minutes. Not a single three and out. They just kept us off the field.