Assassins in the Palace! Skyrim Mafia - Assassins win.

Dome

The heavy oak door creaked quietly as it was opened and a shadowy figure slipped into the dark room. A single beam of light shown through the crack, silhouetting a figure smaller than any guard could be. The Jarl held his breath and quietly reached for the dagger tucked under his pillow. The figure lunged forward, pinning the Jarls arm and dagger to the bed and covering his mouth with their other hand.

“Quiet m’Lord. Don’t want to trouble the guards” said a familiar voice. The hand left the Jarls mouth.

“Irileth? What are you doing in my chambers at this hour? I told you that was a one time occasion, besides I’ve hard far too much wine this evening... I mean I can try but I don’t think....”

“You’re in danger, Jarl Balgruuf. We’ve received word from the Thalmor Embassy that two Dark Brotherhood assassins have been spotted in Whiterun.” Irileth said as she pulled out a guards uniform from a burlap sack. “Put this on. Proventus and I will be wearing them as well. Safety in numbers I suppose. Just lay low and we’ll work on finding these assassins.”

Proventus was in the hallway and already dressed in his guards uniform when the Jarl came out of his chambers. “We’re headed to The Ballroom sir. The men have been drinking for hours and won’t notice a few more slip in. Just keep a low profile.”

Proventus, Irileth and the Jarl made their way to the ballroom. They used a back door to enter, it was a bit obscured by the curtains and their entrance drew no more than a couple second glances. The trio sat down and ordered a few pints of ale from one of the maidens and began to drink. 

Caius, the Guard Commander walked by the trios table and left a note. Not wanting to draw any undue attention to the Jarl, Proventus opened the note. It read:

Guards uniforms missing from barracks. Don’t trust guards. Palace security has been compromised.

“Trouble m’Lord...” Proventus looked around the room. Suddenly none of these drunken guards looked familiar “I think we have unwanted company at this celebration.”

Irileth stood up and walked towards the front doors. Silence fell over the room following the boom of a heavy beam falling across the the doors, sealing them in from the outside.

“We are aware of your presence. We will hunt you down and kill you.” Irileth announced to the crowd of Guards celebrating in the Ballroom. Half of them looked confused and the other half unsure of whether or not this was a joke. “Now, everyone state your name.... “

Signups

1. @Ragnarok

2. @kingseanjohn - Executed. Elite Guard

3. @Hockey5djh

4. @theuntouchable

5. @bcb1213

6. @mission27

7. @11sanchez11

8. @MD4L

9.  @Tk3

10. @Tyty

11. @LionsFTW

12. @Whicker

13. @utley4568

14. @james.mcmurry13 - Executed. Thalmor Spy

15. @beezee - Hit by Thugs. Drunk Guard.

16. @bucsfan333

Current Ratio: 10:2:1

Notes:

• Assassins have infiltrated the Palace. Protect the Jarl at all costs. If the Jarl is killed the game is over and mafia wins. 
  • Civs win by eliminating all threats to the Jarl. There will be a lynch each night, vote for your favorite nominee by typing their name in bold
  • Some roles will have night moves. These moves are carried out at night after the lynch voting has ended, but may be PMd to me in advance. Otherwise moves are due within 30 minutes of nightfall.
  • Do not edit posts. You or your team will be punished.
  • No communication outside of this thread unless specified by your role. No [spam] for mafia.
  • Do not copy and paste any PM from me. Anything I say that you'd like to share in the thread needs to be posted in your own words.
  • If you don't vote for a lynch two nights in a row you will be killed.
  • Assassins can kill on the night of their lynch, so play your cards close to your chest until the game is over. 

In the Ballroom:

Jarl Balgruuf (disguised as a guard)

latest?cb=20160121195218

Irileth, the Housecarl (disguised as a guard)

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Proventus Avenicci, the Steward (disguised as a guard)

250_proventus_avenicci_1217.jpg

Commander Caius, leader of the Whiterun Guards (disguised as a guard)

photo.jpg

Along with a dozen or so unknown men dressed in Guard uniforms. 

2ToAirTS.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Two mafia?

Irileth was informed of two assassins seen in Whiterun. That’s what she is working with right now.

@MathMan looked over the roles, abilities, and starting ratio and thought it looked OK. If that makes you feel better. xD

And I should clarify, the Assassins must kill the Jarl to win, they don’t need to kill every good guy or even win the ratio. So they don’t necessarily need numbers, they just need their wit and possibly some luck.

Archived