Jets looking to trade DT Quinnen WIlliams

RaidersAreOne

I said when we drafted him that he’s have to be Aaron Donald great for me to ever think the pick was good, with all we needed on offense and at edge.

And through 1.5yrs he hasn’t been that. And quite frankly, while he might be good... he isn’t #3 draft pick good. Aaron Donald gets double teamed nearly every down and has 8 sacks still this season. Q one on one only has 3 sacks. Just an example. And quite frankly I don’t care about these PFF stats that show he’s a top 5 DT against the run and rushing the passer. I watch every game. And he’s not making much of a difference. Leo while here had these some type of numbers a season. But the results weren’t there (QB hurries and such). 

If we can get a great return for him, I’d love to move him. But I sure as heck wouldn’t just give him away. It’d have to be a 1st and more IMO. And I don’t think anyone is doing that.

• Like 2

Who is this guy Manish Mehta ???  I look him up on google and he is a writer for the Daily News. When I saw his picture he looks and sounds like one of those scammers from India that call me six times a day. What makes him think the Jets are shopping Quinnen Williams ??

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I said when we drafted him that he’s have to be Aaron Donald great for me to ever think the pick was good, with all we needed on offense and at edge.

And through 1.5yrs he hasn’t been that. And quite frankly, while he might be good... he isn’t #3 draft pick good. Aaron Donald gets double teamed nearly every down and has 8 sacks still this season. Q one on one only has 3 sacks. Just an example. And quite frankly I don’t care about these PFF stats that show he’s a top 5 DT against the run and rushing the passer. I watch every game. And he’s not making much of a difference. Leo while here had these some type of numbers a season. But the results weren’t there (QB hurries and such). 

If we can get a great return for him, I’d love to move him. But I sure as heck wouldn’t just give him away. It’d have to be a 1st and more IMO. And I don’t think anyone is doing that.

Part of the problem is the scheme Q has been fantastic when playing 3T or NT but Gregg likes to throw him at 5T for some reason

Q is a guy to build around, not trade.  Here is an article that you can dissect.  I happen to agree with it.  Use these guys moving forward and build around them.

https://www.jetnation.com/2020/10/27/with-season-long-over-jets-focus-now-on-finding-players-to-move-forward-with/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jetnationcom+(JetNation.com)

Perriman I am dubious about, but I can understand why we should keep him if we do not replace him.

Edited by xrade

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

Q is a guy to build around, not trade.  Here is an article that you can dissect.  I happen to agree with it.  Use these guys moving forward and build around them.

https://www.jetnation.com/2020/10/27/with-season-long-over-jets-focus-now-on-finding-players-to-move-forward-with/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jetnationcom+(JetNation.com)

Perriman I am dubious about, but I can understand why we should keep him if we do not replace him.

Thought it was a decent article until I saw that they included Perriman as part of a building block and it made the whole article Voided for me.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Thought it was a decent article until I saw that they included Perriman as part of a building block and it made the whole article Voided for me.

Hence my comment on Perriman.  Do not let one poor evaluation destroy the rest of the piece. Do you agree with the rest?

Just now, xrade said:

Hence my comment on Perriman.  Do not let one poor evaluation destroy the rest of the piece. Do you agree with the rest?

Ehhhhhh. In all honesty Becton is the only player we have that should be untradeable. Everyone else should have a price. Q for example is a good player. But he doesn't make a difference enough to not make him tradable. If we can get a 1st for him then I'd entertain trading him. Mims has 4 catches in his career, so can't judge him and obviously we aren't going to be trading rookies. So this applies for Huff as well. JFM isn't so good where he's untradeable as well.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ehhhhhh. In all honesty Becton is the only player we have that should be untradeable. Everyone else should have a price. Q for example is a good player. But he doesn't make a difference enough to not make him tradable. If we can get a 1st for him then I'd entertain trading him. Mims has 4 catches in his career, so can't judge him and obviously we aren't going to be trading rookies. So this applies for Huff as well. JFM isn't so good where he's untradeable as well.

Exactly my thoughts.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

No one but Becton is untradeable, but the gist of the article and my thinking is that we should build around theses players moving forward UNLESS a trade offer JD can't refuse comes along.  We can't get rid of everyone, still need to field a team.  And, as you have stated in the past, draft picks are a crap shoot or something like that.

In this particular article I would delete Perriman unless he comes back at a vet minimum (or thereabouts) deal.  Use him as a 5th or 6th WR.  I would also add Basham, Crowder/Berrios, Poole, and Perine.  These are guys that can hold the fort until we can upgrade.  In other words, I would not go to crazy trying to find a slot WR, RB, slot CB too high in the draft.  Concentrate on the larger holes.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

No one but Becton is untradeable, but the gist of the article and my thinking is that we should build around theses players moving forward UNLESS a trade offer JD can't refuse comes along.  We can't get rid of everyone, still need to field a team.  And, as you have stated in the past, draft picks are a crap shoot or something like that.

In this particular article I would delete Perriman unless he comes back at a vet minimum (or thereabouts) deal.  Use him as a 5th or 6th WR.  I would also add Basham, Crowder/Berrios, Poole, and Perine.  These are guys that can hold the fort until we can upgrade.  In other words, I would not go to crazy trying to find a slot WR, RB, slot CB too high in the draft.  Concentrate on the larger holes.

As I said no player besides the rookies should be untradable. That doesn't mean that their price tag shouldn't be cheap. As I stated Q shouldn't go for less than a 1st and more IMO. Q is the only guy left on this roster that would net us a quality pick is the only thing. Everyone else who I can see us trading is us getting something for someone who we will probably cut in the offseason or who are FAs. More than likely just some late round picks and maybe some later mid round picks. My guess is we trade a couple vet starters before the deadline ends.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The guy that continues to post about how overvalued draft picks are now wants to trade one of our few good blue chip prospects for a 1st (probably at late one at that)?

We can't trade everyone we need to have a foundation.  If you are under 25, controllable, and playing well you should not be traded unless it's an offer you can't refuse.

Everyone else should be on the block.  If in 3 years you will be past your prime and someone wants you then yes you should be traded.  Crowder, Maye, Anderson, McGovern, Fant, Mosley, GVR, McDouglad, Perriman.  Those are the guys we should be looking to move not Q.  Someone comes in and offers a 1 and 2 you jump on it but not a late 1.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

The guy that continues to post about how overvalued draft picks are now wants to trade one of our few good blue chip prospects for a 1st (probably at late one at that)?

We can't trade everyone we need to have a foundation.  If you are under 25, controllable, and playing well you should not be traded unless it's an offer you can't refuse.

Everyone else should be on the block.  If in 3 years you will be past your prime and someone wants you then yes you should be traded.  Crowder, Maye, Anderson, McGovern, Fant, Mosley, GVR, McDouglad, Perriman.  Those are the guys we should be looking to move not Q.  Someone comes in and offers a 1 and 2 you jump on it but not a late 1.

I dont value DTs

JD wants to rebuild the team via drafts. That method requires 6 drafts to actually assemble the roster.   That is 5 years away now.  Too long for NY's culture to deal with so all JD can do is to reduce this span to 3 drafts by selling high on Maccagnan's recent high picks.   If there is a shot then JD holds no hesitation and trades ones.   Otherwise, yawn! are we there yet?

I have read reports that they are not moving Q unless they get a packed deal like Adams. This will cots them 2 first round picks plus. I hope we don't trade him. He is a good building block along with Becton. I do see us doing a few more trades before the deadline. Don't be surprised if we move a draft pick for a young player that has talent but needs a change of scenery. Guys you look at would be WR John Ross from Cinn, Sonny Michel, Thuney, and Harry from the Pats, Even Emgram from the Giants to name a few. I think the Pats and Jets will start too trade more with each other. They are both hurting and will do anything to bump their team up a few levels.