Jets looking to trade DT Quinnen WIlliams

RaidersAreOne

32 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

How many good starters on the OL do you have going into 2021 aside from Becton?

I'd liquidate Q, Darnold, and probably another good defensive player to build up the OL FAST for the QotF. That's what Miami did, and it looks like it's paying off. Although hitting on 3 OLmen in 1 draft is a bit of good fortune.

Becton is obviously a stud. We signed McGovern at C who's good as well. Fant hasn't been awful but we sure could upgrade from him. We have some young talent though that can develop.

We drafted Clark last year whos game is similar to that of Becton. He might be ready to challenge to start at OG next year. And Edoga who we drafted last year hasn't been bad at RT when he's played. So of those guys can develop we don't have these huge holes on the OL. I think we make a big run at Thuney and lure him here to make that left side of the line elite in Becton, Thuney and McGovern.

18 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I'd liquidate Q, Darnold, and probably another good defensive player to build up the OL FAST for the QotF. That's what Miami did, and it looks like it's paying off. Although hitting on 3 OLmen in 1 draft is a bit of good fortune.

You may get some differences of opinions here, but I think we really have 2 good OL (LT, Becton and RT, Fant) plus a decent swing/backup OT in Edoga.  C McGovern was a good C in Denver and I believe his troubles are mostly related to the two scrubs at OG playing on either side of him.  We also have Cameron Clarke the OG the Jets selected in the 4th last year who has not hit the field yet due to a TC injury but I believe he is now practicing.  Clarke can't possibly be worse than the 2 OG's we have now. 

Since we have cap space next year, $75M effective cap space, we can afford to sign a good iOL such as Thuney or Scherff.  We would then only need to draft one good OG/C in the draft assuming Clarke does not prove himself this year.  Since we have 3 picks in the top 33, as it stands now, plus two 3rd round picks (5 picks in the top 90), we should be able to land a decent iOL.

Trading away any potentially decent player such as Q is not a good way to build a FB team.  The caveat is that someone offers a mega-haul including a first rounder, but the possibility of that happening is probably low.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

You may get some differences of opinions here, but I think we really have 2 good OL (LT, Becton and RT, Fant) plus a decent swing/backup OT in Edoga.  C McGovern was a good C in Denver and I believe his troubles are mostly related to the two scrubs at OG playing on either side of him.  We also have Cameron Clarke the OG the Jets selected in the 4th last year who has not hit the field yet due to a TC injury but I believe he is now practicing.  Clarke can't possibly be worse than the 2 OG's we have now. 

Since we have cap space next year, $75M effective cap space, we can afford to sign a good iOL such as Thuney or Scherff.  We would then only need to draft one good OG/C in the draft assuming Clarke does not prove himself this year.  Since we have 3 picks in the top 33, as it stands now, plus two 3rd round picks (5 picks in the top 90), we should be able to land a decent iOL.

Trading away any potentially decent player such as Q is not a good way to build a FB team.  The caveat is that someone offers a mega-haul including a first rounder, but the possibility of that happening is probably low.

McGovern has arguably been worse than the guards to be honest, we need a serious upgrade of all 3 interior spots. 

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

McGovern has arguably been worse than the guards to be honest, we need a serious upgrade of all 3 interior spots. 

His play has been awful, but I have a hard time believing he fell of the cliff so quickly.  This is why I would entertain a day two pick for a G/C, if McGovern ****s the bed next year with better OG play, then we have a rookie that could fill in. 

2 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

As of now I’d say 2-3, Becton, Fant and possibly McGovern

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Foley, JFK and Philips are still a good group if we did trade Q. As I stated, I'd only trade him if the return was great. But it's not like he's our only good player on the interior of our DL.

You have to admit that Q is not only better than those three but has a higher upside (Phillips with the ankle surgery is iffy).  Only return I woudl take fro Q is #3 overall ... then we geta redo.  

Edited by JetsFan15

45 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

You have to admit that Q is not only better than those three but has a higher upside (Phillips with the ankle surgery is iffy).  Only return I woudl take fro Q is #3 overall ... then we geta redo.  

Sure he has upside but he hasn't had much of an impact on our defense.  Nothing would change if we got rid of him lol.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Sure he has upside but he hasn't had much of an impact on our defense.  Nothing would change if we got rid of him lol.

Who has? JA? Sorry, but the team sucked with him as does Seattle’s D.  Just because Q is not Donald does not make him a scrub.  The last true impact defensive player was Revis.

I guess I just don’t understand why some on this board think the defense can succeed without good defensive players including interior DL. 

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

100% he does. But none of those guys could get us a 1st in return or possibly more. So that’s why the comparison isn’t there.

But the fact still remains that Q isn’t plying like a 3rd pick in the draft. So he’s not untradable.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Who has? JA? Sorry, but the team sucked with him as does Seattle’s D.  Just because Q is not Donald does not make him a scrub.  The last true impact defensive player was Revis.

I guess I just don’t understand why some on this board think the defense can succeed without good defensive players including interior DL. 

I wasn't talking about Adams but roughly the same players plus Avery this year and it's an abomination.  Last year we ranked 7th.

But what I'm saying is Q has minimal impact on this team.  I would much rather trade him for a 1st and get an impact at WR or EDGE.  That's just me.

On 10/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, Bobby816 said:

100% he does. But none of those guys could get us a 1st in return or possibly more. So that’s why the comparison isn’t there.

But the fact still remains that Q isn’t plying like a 3rd pick in the draft. So he’s not untradable.

He is trending up each week.  The lack of talent around him does not help.  He is one of the building blocks of this team IMO.  

4 hours ago, Greene N White said:

Yeah wait am I missing something? The past few weeks he’s been a monster trading him makes no sense 

The past few weeks he's been a monster?? He's been good and obviously not a bust but we all need to calm down.  We may as well take back Kerry Hyder if we're just looking at numbers.

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The past few weeks he's been a monster?? He's been good and obviously not a bust but we all need to calm down.  We may as well take back Kerry Hyder if we're just looking at numbers.

Man I loved Hyder. He’s been pretty much the only good defensive player since Zack Thomas to come out of TTU. I was excited when we got him. But we had a stacked dline then and he couldn’t cut it. Big mistake by us.