Rumor: Jets looking to trade DT Quinnen WIlliams?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, August4th said:

was he like a top 3-5 pick just last yr? what did Jet fans do to deserve this?

#3. Some had him and Bosa as 1A/B, but most felt he was a blue-chip prospect. He hasn't set the world on fire by the looks of it but he has so much potential. Giving up on him this soon is crazy.

I for one hope the Raiders bring him in. We need interior help in the worst way and this way I can imagine we drafted QW at #4 and Ferrell we signed as a FA. Right? Right?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

#3. Some had him and Bosa as 1A/B, but most felt he was a blue-chip prospect. He hasn't set the world on fire by the looks of it but he has so much potential. Giving up on him this soon is crazy.

I for one hope the Raiders bring him in. We need interior help in the worst way and this way I can imagine we drafted QW at #4 and Ferrell we signed as a FA. Right? Right?

Ferrell is playing better but man, if we could package him and bring in QW, I'm for it. 

I’d be careful putting Manish’s stuff in the News section. Remember when he said the Jets have signed Logan Ryan? Manish runs a tabloid. Other reporters run with his “news” and give the false impression it’s real. Wait for a few of the more credible sources to report this. So far Cimini has already come out and said it’s not true.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I'm sorry, but if I'm Trevor Lawrence, I am not getting drafted by the Jets. Ether I go back to school or pull an Eli/Elway.

I wouldn't have agreed with this... until I saw this thread frankly. Quinnen Williams hasn't even been on the team for a year and a half as a top 3 pick and they're already looking to trade him. That's seriously dysfunctional. Since the Texans released BoB, Jets have taken the crown for most broken franchise.

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

I'm sorry, but if I'm Trevor Lawrence, I am not getting drafted by the Jets. Ether I go back to school or pull an Eli/Elway.

I don't get this.  It's like, what do potential first overall picks think will happen?  The team picking first overall will be a good team? 

Bengals, Cardinals, Browns, Browns, Rams, Buccaneers, Texans, Chiefs, Colts, Panthers, Rams, Lions, Dolphins, Raiders, Texans, Niners, Chargers, Bengals, Texans, Falcons, Browns, Browns, Colts.

All of those teams picked first overall because they were really, really, really bad. 

The Jets are currently with a bad staff.  Gase and Douglas should both be fired.  If that happens, what makes the Jets any different from any other team that could draft him?

They've got a franchise left tackle and if they were to draft Lawrence, they'd have draft capital from losing badly this year, trading Williams, likely trading Darnold...

No first overall pick goes to a good team loaded with talent.  If they were a good team loaded with talent, they wouldn't be picking first overall. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Rumors don't belong in the news section, just saying...

Agree. I'll move this to Gen.

Williams is an interesting name vs anyone else rumored to be traded given that he was the #3 pick a year or so ago, so we'll keep this open for a bit, see how the conversation goes.