Rumor: Jets looking to trade DT Quinnen WIlliams?

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NJC33 said:

A year ago, Douglas was widely considered to be a prized GM candidate - some would argue too good for the Jets job. His first draft, by all accounts, was very well received. 

Firing Douglas after 1.5yrs would launch this organization into a whole new stratosphere of dysfunction.

Did he hire Gase? If so, that's a fireable offense. 

20 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Did he hire Gase? If so, that's a fireable offense. 

No, maccagan was gm then.

Douglas had nothing to do with gase. And his first draft he might have landed a future hofer with Becton. Yes he's that good,  game comes easy to him. Hes a all pro blocker.

Mims looked solid first game and other guys as well.

Gase is a cancer

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

I highly doubt that.

You don't say "...but who knows" when you're the guarenteed #1 unless you have zero intention playing for whoever picks #1.

This is about as subtle as a log hitting a windshield...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You don't say "...but who knows" when you're the guarenteed #1 unless you have zero intention playing for whoever picks #1.

This is about as subtle as a log hitting a windshield...

When has a player ever said "Yeah this is my last season, I'm definitely coming out," in season? I feel like most say exactly what he just did.

He's going #1 whenever he comes out, and that teams always going to be trash. This Jets team is really bad but he's not going back to school imo.

Just now, .Buzz said:

When has a player ever said "Yeah this is my last season, I'm definitely coming out," in season? I feel like most say exactly what he just did.

Lawrence himself declared at the beginning of the season:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/clemson-qb-trevor-lawrence-says-he-plans-on-2020-being-his-last-year-before-leaving-for-nfl-draft/

There is no formalized process between the player and the NCAA/NFL - player hires an agent and off he goes. Lawrence hasn't hired an agent yet, so his fate is completely up to him.That's why this isn't exactly a thinly veiled comment.

He doesn't want to be in NY.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Lawrence himself declared at the beginning of the season:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/clemson-qb-trevor-lawrence-says-he-plans-on-2020-being-his-last-year-before-leaving-for-nfl-draft/

There is no formalized process between the player and the NCAA/NFL - player hires an agent and off he goes. Lawrence hasn't hired an agent yet, so his fate is completely up to him.That's why this isn't exactly a thinly veiled comment.

Hey, I'm not disagree he may not want to go to NY. But once a college season starts players historically do not like talking draft/moving on from their program until the seasons over. We see this all the time. It's obviously a bit different due to the fact players thought this season was going to get cancelled and could declare early, but I'm just saying I'm not surprised he's trying to gloss over it while he has this college season to worry about.

I just don't see him passing it up. That guy wants to get to the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I just don't see him passing it up. That guy wants to get to the league

I'm looking specifically at the quotes. There is a significant difference in what he said in the span of two months.

From this:

Speaking with Tom Rinaldi on ESPN's "College GameDay," Lawrence said that he wanted to play in 2020 instead of opting out due to COVID-19 concerns because "I just love football. Lawrence then added that he would be "graduating in December. (I'm) planning on this being my last year."

To this:

"My mindset has been that I'm gonna move on," Lawrence said, "but who knows? There's a lot of things that could happen." 

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's from the south, so even without considering the cluster in Florham Park - he probably prefers other locales
His recent comments are merely him reminding everybody that he does still have some leverage. Not a lot, but some

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm looking specifically at the quotes. There is a significant difference in what he said in the span of two months.

From this:

Speaking with Tom Rinaldi on ESPN's "College GameDay," Lawrence said that he wanted to play in 2020 instead of opting out due to COVID-19 concerns because "I just love football. Lawrence then added that he would be "graduating in December. (I'm) planning on this being my last year."

To this:

"My mindset has been that I'm gonna move on," Lawrence said, "but who knows? There's a lot of things that could happen." 

Like I said, I see what you mean. I'm just saying the change in tone, in my eyes, is due to them being in the thick of their season. 

Just differing opinions I think. As I said, we'll see but I don't see him staying.

• Like 1