Rumor: Jets looking to trade DT Quinnen WIlliams?

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Like I said, I see what you mean. I'm just saying the change in tone, in my eyes, is due to them being in the thick of their season. 

Just differing opinions I think. As I said, we'll see but I don't see him staying.

I sort of agree with @Shanedorf on this one - it might be a subtle reminder that he's got some pull in how this plays out. Someone like Lawrence - who has been in the center of the football watching world since he was 17, who was making post game speeches as a National Champion at 18 - fully understands the power of his words as it relates to the draft. His words will impact millions of dollars for a LOT of people, not just himself. He gets that... and still said what he said.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I sort of agree with @Shanedorf on this one - it might be a subtle reminder that he's got some pull in how this plays out. Someone like Lawrence - who has been in the center of the football watching world since he was 17, who was making post game speeches as a National Champion at 18 - fully understands the power of his words as it relates to the draft. His words will impact millions of dollars for a LOT of people, not just himself. He gets that... and still said what he said.

True. He doesn't really come off to me as a guy who would truly force something but I can't blame him for at least extending caution to a team like the Jets.

Not to get too far down this rabbit hole, but I also don't think it has anything to do with the Jets organization but more so New York. From what I've read in the past seems like he's more of a low key guy/prefers a small or medium market. I know he's from small town Georgia. So the whole "Why wouldn't he want to be king of NYC?" doesn't hold much weight.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not to get too far down this rabbit hole, but I also don't think it has anything to do with the Jets organization but more so New York. From what I've read in the past seems like he's more of a low key guy/prefers a small or medium market. I know he's from small town Georgia. So the whole "Why wouldn't he want to be king of NYC" doesn't hold much weight.

And this is honestly why I love him as a prospect - he's incredibly rooted in his ways. It doesn't seem like he's interested in becoming famous or doing Hulu or State Farm commercials - he wants to play football at a high level, that's it. 

This being said, he also wants to win. He'll sit a year to get that opportunity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

And this is honestly why I love him as a prospect - he's incredibly rooted in his ways. It doesn't seem like he's interested in becoming famous or doing Hulu or State Farm commercials - he wants to play football at a high level, that's it. 

This being said, he also wants to win. NYJ isn't the right place for that.

Unless you consider that they will likely get a new HC, have 4 first round picks in the next two drafts, 90M in cap space, and division that's wide open.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Unless you consider that they will likely get a new HC, have 4 first round picks in the next two drafts, 90M in cap space, and division that's wide open.

Personally I don't think Lawrence or a lot of these young guys are turning away from a bad team. They may prefer better situations but these guys are also uber competitive and likely think they can turn the tides of an organization themselves. 

Like I said, any year the top 3-5 teams are most likely terrible franchises. Think it's about market for him, but again, doubt he steers away from anyone in the end/forces it...imo.