Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
J-ALL-DAY

Week 8 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

Recommended Posts

Dang it!

But we literally have no cap space right now so we wouldn't even be able to do a trade like this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Weekly DVOA update:

Offense- 8th

Defense - 8th

Pretty amazing considering all the injuries this team has suffered. Offensively I still want this team to finish in the top 5. I think that is certainly possible. Defensively? After Bosa went out, I was just expecting a top 10-12 unit. They are likely to drop after the next three weeks. 

Expanding on these numbers a little bit more:

Passing Offense:

Seattle - #4

49ers - #8

 

Rushing Offense:

49ers - #2

Seattle - #6 

 

Passing Defense:

49ers - #13

Seattle - #30

 

Rush Defense:

49ers - #6

Seattle - #9

 

I'm going to dive into the analytics a little more later in the week and provide some more insights.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone in here predicting the 49ers to lose already. 

I actually like our chances in this game because Seattle's pass defense is so awful. No pass rush sucks, but the Seahawks don't have one either. Yeah they have Wilson, but Jimmy G has shown to play well with time. Offensive line needs to continue it's dominance in pass pro for a third straight week. 

Secret weapon might be Hasty. This will be a big chance for him to showcase what he can do. The thing I'm more worried about is no Samus. Defense probably won't stop Russell anyway. So the offense will have to do the heavy lifting me thinks. Not having Samus is a huge blow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Everyone in here predicting the 49ers to lose already. 

I actually like our chances in this game because Seattle's pass defense is so awful. No pass rush sucks, but the Seahawks don't have one either. Yeah they have Wilson, but Jimmy G has shown to play well with time. Offensive line needs to continue it's dominance in pass pro for a third straight week. 

Secret weapon might be Hasty. This will be a big chance for him to showcase what he can do. The thing I'm more worried about is no Samus. Defense probably won't stop Russell anyway. So the offense will have to do the heavy lifting me thinks. Not having Samus is a huge blow. 

Can we win? Sure, but without any resemblance of a pass rush, I don't see how we can slow that offense down enough to win. Offensively not having Deebo is really going to hurt as he tore Seattle up in both meetings last season. At full health we would be the clear favorites, with even decent health we would be slight favorites, but right now? It's going to be extremely difficult. But if we pull it off and get to 5-3? Give Shanahan COTY asap! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can we win? Sure, but without any resemblance of a pass rush, I don't see how we can slow that offense down enough to win. Offensively not having Deebo is really going to hurt as he tore Seattle up in both meetings last season. At full health we would be the clear favorites, with even decent health we would be slight favorites, but right now? It's going to be extremely difficult. But if we pull it off and get to 5-3? Give Shanahan COTY asap! 

The 49ers and Seahawks are neck and neck in DVOA. Except Seattle is the one with a far worse defense. 

And last time I checked the 49ers were still top 10 in defensive pressure rate. They were second after four games. I'm guessing it hasn't dropped that much in the three games since. This isn't 2018 bad. Not yet. And Seattle's line in pass pro is just as ****ty as it usually is. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The 49ers and Seahawks are neck and neck in DVOA. Except Seattle is the one with a far worse defense. 

And last time I checked the 49ers were still top 10 in defensive pressure rate. They were second after four games. I'm guessing it hasn't dropped that much in the three games since. This isn't 2018 bad. Not yet. 

Don't get it twisted, it really is 2018 level. Only difference is that Saleh is blitzing more and leaving his corners on an island. He's done a great job trying to generate as much pass rush as he can with what he has. And we have barely put any pressure the last three games. Though we did start getting to Stidham late in the game so maybe that skews the numbers a bit. 

You don't need to convince me that the Niners can win this game. I have them losing a close one where we just can't get the one stop we need. It is a winnable game for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't get it twisted, it really is 2018 level. Only difference is that Saleh is blitzing more and leaving his corners on an island. He's done a great job trying to generate as much pass rush as he can with what he has. And we have barely put any pressure the last three games. Though we did start getting to Stidham late in the game so maybe that skews the numbers a bit. 

You don't need to convince me that the Niners can win this game. I have them losing a close one where we just can't get the one stop we need. It is a winnable game for sure. 

I highly doubt that the pressure rate was even top ten after 7 games that season. Saleh is throwing more looks and blitzing more. 49ers still have a good pass defense despite this. The only awful game was Miami. 

Like I said in my other post it's not like Seattle's offensive line is the Hogs either. That will help. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I highly doubt that the pressure rate was even top ten after 7 games that season. Saleh is throwing more looks and blitzing more. 49ers still have a good pass defense despite this. The only awful game was Miami. 

Like I said in my other post it's not like Seattle's offensive line is the Hogs either. That will help. 

Saleh wasn't blitzing as much as he did in 2018. We are one of the top blitzing teams in the league this season. But that's where the issue is this week. The more you blitz, the more you put your corners on an island against Lockett/Metcalf. Will Mosley and Verrett be able to hold up? If not, it's going to be an awfully long day. 

In terms of pure DL talent rushing the QB? It is absolutely 2018 level. That season we did have Buckner but no one on the edge was rushing the passer the way Hyder can for us this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Saleh wasn't blitzing as much as he did in 2018. We are one of the top blitzing teams in the league this season. But that's where the issue is this week. The more you blitz, the more you put your corners on an island against Lockett/Metcalf. Will Mosley and Verrett be able to hold up? If not, it's going to be an awfully long day. 

In terms of pure DL talent rushing the QB? It is absolutely 2018 level. That season we did have Buckner but no one on the edge was rushing the passer the way Hyder can for us this season. 

Yes. Saleh wasn't blitzing back then and the pass defense was still terrible anyway. Even with the injuries the defense isn't as bad as it was in the first year with a new staff. That's why it's still hanging on to a degree. 

Guess we'll have to just agree to disagree regarding the defense at this point in the season compared to the unit three years ago at the same point. Don't think we're as bad yet. The 49ers can blitz, get pressure, and not crumble on the back end. Couldn't say that in 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yes. Saleh wasn't blitzing back then and the pass defense was still terrible anyway. Even with the injuries the defense isn't as bad as it was in the first year with a new staff. That's why it's still hanging on to a degree. 

Guess we'll have to just agree to disagree regarding the defense at this point in the season compared to the unit three years ago at the same point. Don't think we're as bad yet. The 49ers can blitz, get pressure, and not crumble on the back end. Couldn't say that in 2018. 

I didn't say our defense was as bad as 2018, because our defense for the most part has been very good this season. It's just I think this is a very tough match up due to how good Wilson is along with their WRs against a team without its top two edge rushers. Our LBs and backend are covering very well no doubt. Warner is just amazing and probably the best covering backer in the league. If we can put Seattle behind early and control the clock, we will have a very good shot at winning this game. But like Shahanan said on Monday, you can almost guarantee a game with Seattle will come down to the wire. FINALLY the Seahawks lost a close game last week. Time to make it two in a row! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

 

Knew they were going to end up with him. I don't know how much Dunlap has left in him, but he can't be worse than what they have. Though he had a very solid season last year so I can't imagine he is completely washed up. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Knew they were going to end up with him. I don't know how much Dunlap has left in him, but he can't be worse than what they have. Though he had a very solid season last year so I can't imagine he is completely washed up. 

Not sure if he's in a "change of scenery" situation, or just washed up, but we won't see him until week 17.

 

 

Edited by NinerNation21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team also opened the practice windows for RB Tevin Coleman, TE Jordan Reed and CB K'Waun Williams

 

i totally forgot about Jordan Reed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

The team also opened the practice windows for RB Tevin Coleman, TE Jordan Reed and CB K'Waun Williams

 

i totally forgot about Jordan Reed

I expect Coleman and Williams to play as normal this week. Reed, now that's a surprise. I was expecting him to come back during the bye week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...