Week 8 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wilson gave himself there with a forward body slide? Huh? 

And then Blandino saying he can hit him in the body. Yeah not with Wilson or any of the other poster boy QB's. Even diving over them gets flagged in those situations if your finger graces them.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Moseley got baptized this game. Just a complete abuse handed to him by Metcalf. 

Reminds me off that game Ward got absolutely destroyed by Alshon Jeffery in the slot. Even with good coverage on most plays there wasn't much more he could do.

If only we aired it out more in the beginning of this game, we would be closer and/or winning. Makes me think if it has more to do with Kyle’s trust in Jimmy’s arm (or in general)? I know we are airing it out bc we are playing from behind, but jeez we are moving. 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

If only we aired it out more in the beginning of this game, we would be closer and/or winning. Makes me think if it has more to do with Kyle’s trust in Jimmy’s arm (or in general)? I know we are airing it out bc we are playing from behind, but jeez we are moving. 

We came out throwing but when your QB doesn't plant his leg and has spotty accuracy it gets tough.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Don't be fooled with the soft defense Seattle is playing. This is classic garbage time padding going on.

That route by Aiyuk though>>>>. 

Seattle defense was so good but these garbage points are going to make their performance look bad lol. 

I know its garbage time but Mullens looks so much more in control today than Jimmy did. Besides that terrible game against the Eagles where he lost his head Nick has really shown a great control of the offense. Just wish his arm was actually a touch better because all the intangibles are there with him.

Just now, Justone2 said:

I know its garbage time but Mullens looks so much more in control today than Jimmy did. Besides that terrible game against the Eagles where he lost his head Nick has really shown a great control of the offense. Just wish his arm was actually a touch better because all the intangibles are there with him.

He's fine against incompetent defenses. That's what makes him a solid backup. He can get you 2-2 in 4 

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Totally different game and mindset when your down big. Defense hasn't been as 'aggressive' with the blitzes with Mullens

I mean we're a running team. We looked decent early on until the turnovers and blitzing doomed the offensive game plan. 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Good Nick/Bad Nick. Don't let these garbage time stats fool you. He will have a game or two where he looks decent. But he will also have a game or three where his lack of arm talent and shotty accuracy will lead him to totally implode.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's fine against incompetent defenses. That's what makes him a solid backup. He can get you 2-2 in 4 

Always a hard thing with back-up QB's. Do you want a Nick Mullens who has it all mentally but lacks the physical talent or do you go with a guy that has the physical talent but lack on the the mental side. 

The first guy probably gets better results when he needs to spot start where the other has more potential to become a starter eventually. 

Edited by Justone2