Week 8 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Coleman will be the guy Sunday, I'm pretty sure

I'm hoping they run Hasty the majority of the time and ease Coleman back in. Not because I'm worried about Coleman getting re-injured, although that wouldn't be ideal, but because I want to see what Hasty can do with some more looks. 

On 10/30/2020 at 12:34 PM, NinerNation21 said:

Sounds like no Reed this Sunday, but maybe Thursday against the Packers. 

I know this season hasn't been ideal with regards to Reed, but kind of hoping that we bring him back next year. I assume that he would cost about the same as he did this year (likely a vet min deal), but I did think he showed out very well in the limited playing time and he sitll has something in the tank on the rare instances when he's healthy. I'd run with him as the TE2, have a blocking TE3 and then maybe a guy like Dwelley or Harrell on the PS 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I know this season hasn't been ideal with regards to Reed, but kind of hoping that we bring him back next year. I assume that he would cost about the same as he did this year (likely a vet min deal), but I did think he showed out very well in the limited playing time and he sitll has something in the tank on the rare instances when he's healthy. I'd run with him as the TE2, have a blocking TE3 and then maybe a guy like Dwelley or Harrell on the PS 

You would just have to know he's missing at least 5+ games but with Kittle he will never be relied upon as being THE guy. Would love to bring him back. When healthy, easily a top 5 receiving TE in the game. I still want to see him playing alongside Kittle. Would be pretty hard to stop this offense. 

So Coleman and Williams got activated. Williams is especially is going to be huge whenever he's lined up against Lockett in the slot. I also think his blitzing will be big as he had some success last season against Wilson on blitzes. 

Adams was listed as questionable but not sure if that is gamesmanship or if he legitimately has a shot to play. 

Deebo abused Flowers last season on those post and slant routes and you just know Shanny will call plenty to Aiyuk. I wonder if Seattle stays mainly in their base defense like last season? If so, you have to get Juice and the backs involved in the passing game. Seattle's defense gives up a lot of yards but they are opportunistic. Got away with a bad turnover last week but have to play a clean sound game tomorrow. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I agree 100%. A deal for him won’t break the bank and will be filled with performance escalators. If he can stay healthy, he’s a quality offensive weapon for cheap.

This legit may be Pettis last chance to do anything on this team. I could see him getting a lot of time in the slot with Bourne and Aiyuk out wide. Or I guess maybe this may be Taylor's breakout game....Though he has done absolutely nothing himself all season.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Before Seattle goes out there and hangs 40 on us and I get upset with him, going to give some credit to saleh this year.

He's one of the best in the league period. No one can say the talent on the field right now is anything great and he just keeps coaching them. Our positional coaches are very good as well which is super crucial. I'm already bracing for Saleh/McDaniel to leave this offseason but I would hate for someone like Ryans to get picked up elsewhere as well. That's why you have to make him the DC if Saleh leaves...NOT Dan Quinn. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This legit may be Pettis last chance to do anything on this team. I could see him getting a lot of time in the slot with Bourne and Aiyuk out wide. Or I guess maybe this may be Taylor's breakout game....Though he has done absolutely nothing himself all season.

Is James inactive due to injury? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, with an ankle injury. He got hurt last week and even left the game. 

Okay, that makes more sense then. I was really hoping to take this opportunity to utilize James in a fashion similar to how we have been using Deebo the last two weeks. The sweeps, the motion to the backfield and taking handoffs, routes out of the backfield, etc. I think James can be very effective in that method.