Week 8 GDT: The AFCE leading Bills

Deadpulse

Patriots vs Bills  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cam rebound?

2. 2. Which Allen will we get?

• The good (250+ yards, 2+ TD, 1 or less INT)
    • The bad (<200 yards, 0 TD, 1-3 INT)
    • The Peterman (<150 yards, 0 TD, 4+ INT)
  3. 3. Leading rusher in the game

• Cam Newton
    • Damien Harris
    • Sony Michel
    • James White
    • Rex Burkhead
    • Julian Edelman
    • Jakob Johnson
    • JJ Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2020 at 06:00 PM

9 hours ago, Starless said:

Two things.

1. I don't know how you can watch that game and think QB is the team's biggest problem. Yes, it would be better to be set up with a QBotF for the long-term, when Cam is going to be 32 next season and likely not that guy. But the biggest issues with the team right now are clearly the front-7 and the lack of receivers.

2. The QB class in 2021 is going to be remarkably deep. There will likely be 5 or 6 guys with 1st round grades, and it's highly likely that one of them will fall to the end of the 1st or into the 2nd round. There's no need to panic and sell the farm for the #1 or #2 guy on the draft board. 

I believe this league is all about QB. I can only name one team that won a SB with a crap QB Ravens with Dilfer.  You are right they have major problem however in today's NFL its QB or bust. Than NFL is gear for offense they have all the advantages over the defense. IMO is SB or bust. How can you win the SB when the other teams have All Pro QB and you have just a QB. Look at the team that are good they are stuck, year after year looking for a QB. How valuable is a defense if the other teams have Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes and others. They go up a score and you are screwed. heaven forbid two scores. You need a great QB to compete with them.  Greatest example Pats against Seahawks. Great defense Brady puts up 461 offense.

There are only 5 QB in this draft that I would look at and they will not be there when the Pats pick in 2nd RD. You want to gamble go ahead. Just remember good teams have been gambling for years looking for their miracle !  EX Here another desperate gamble for that miracle. GB J Love. Who IMO is fools gold.

PS  IMO Justin Field is not the star the draft so call experts think he is.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I disagree to a degree. I think one of the main reasons Cam was brought in this year is because most of the top QB prospects are RPO guys. Fields, Mond, Trask, Newman, and Lance. I think BB wanted to start installing this type of offense now with Cam and work out the kinks with the expectation that one of the guys I mentioned would be available to nab. 

Great point. Trask is considered a pocket passer, but he look like Lamar Jackson compared to Brady!😁

10 hours ago, Starless said:

That's way too conjectural for my liking. I don't think Bill is looking for a specific type of QB, but the guy who can best run the offense with the pieces available on the roster. The team was too cash-strapped to add much receiving talent, so they added a guy who could run RPO concepts that would take pressure off the receiving corps. 

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

The trend of RPO QB's entering the league continues to increase, this year with a considerable jump. You can't discount the idea that BB is looking at the RPO offense this year for a reason beyond Cam was available. 

10 hours ago, Starless said:

I'm not discounting it. I'm just saying there's no evidence one way or the other. The top two rookie QBs this year are both mainly pocket guys, so I'm not prepared to say that RPO is incontrovertibly the wave of the future. 

Yeah I think both things can be true.

13 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What's going on with Winovich? 3 weeks in a row now he's deliberately had his time cut. He was our defensive MVP before that, I'd say. Is he in the dog house?

Bill is so weird man.

Yes for the unnecessary roughness penalty or unsportsman-like call they made against the Niners in the first quarter.

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

I believe this league is all about QB. I can only name one team that won a SB with a crap QB Ravens with Dilfer.  You are right they have major problem however in today's NFL its QB or bust. Than NFL is gear for offense they have all the advantages over the defense. IMO is SB or bust. How can you win the SB when the other teams have All Pro QB and you have just a QB. Look at the team that are good they are stuck, year after year looking for a QB. How valuable is a defense if the other teams have Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes and others. They go up a score and you are screwed. heaven forbid two scores. You need a great QB to compete with them.  Greatest example Pats against Seahawks. Great defense Brady puts up 461 offense.

There are only 5 QB in this draft that I would look at and they will not be there when the Pats pick in 2nd RD. You want to gamble go ahead. Just remember good teams have been gambling for years looking for their miracle !  EX Here another desperate gamble for that miracle. GB J Love. Who IMO is fools gold.

PS  IMO Justin Field is not the star the draft so call experts think he is.

I agree they need a QB next year. The AFC East next year will feature Josh Allen, Tua & Trevor Lawrence as the other 3 teams QB's. So the Patriots need to draft one and hopefully they can get good one b/c at 2-5 the more losses that pile up the better the draft position. 

• Like 1