Week 8: Los Angeles Rams (5-2) @ Miami Dolphins (3-3) ... IT'S FINALLY TUA TIME!

TheKillerNacho

New-York-Jets-v-Miami-Dolphins-1f04ed4ca

It's finally time to see what this kid can do! Definitely a serious test for his first game, as Aaron Donald and the Rams come to town! I like our defense's chances to keep the game close against the Rams... the biggest question mark is how does Tua change our offense and how well will he play?

My prediction...

Los Angeles 24

Miami 25!

Let's go Fins!

• Like 1

After 6 months learning this offense, Tua knows the plays. Time to show it on the field. 

Rams are only 2 sacks behind the league lead, just what a first-start rookie QB wants to hear. And their run game was brutally effective vs the vaunted Bears defense last night. 

Very excited about Tua's debut. VERY VERY excited. 

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

New-York-Jets-v-Miami-Dolphins-1f04ed4ca

It's finally time to see what this kid can do! Definitely a serious test for his first game, as Aaron Donald and the Rams come to town! I like our defense's chances to keep the game close against the Rams... the biggest question mark is how does Tua change our offense and how well will he play?

My prediction...

Los Angeles 24

Miami 25!

Let's go Fins!

So I had not looked into Miami too much but I just saw they give up 5 yards per carry? I don't think a run defense that bad has ever beaten McVay..

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

So I had not looked into Miami too much but I just saw they give up 5 yards per carry? I don't think a run defense that bad has ever beaten McVay..

Misleading stat due to Cam Newton in week 1, and Mostert in week 4 rushing when we were already up by like 30 so we were playing the pass.

Also didnt yall lose to the Bills? They allow almost 5 ypc, too (4.6 i think)

But we are pretty weak against the run. Henderson doesn't really leave me shaking in my boots, though.

36 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Misleading stat due to Cam Newton in week 1, and Mostert in week 4 rushing when we were already up by like 30 so we were playing the pass.

Also didnt yall lose to the Bills? They allow almost 5 ypc, too (4.6 i think)

But we are pretty weak against the run. Henderson doesn't really leave me shaking in my boots, though.

4.6 isn't 5 though.

He probably should - he's been the number one or two RB according to PFF all year and hes looked about that good. And the Rams run game in general is good - we just ran all over the Bears..

I do think this will be a tough game though - short week and flying across country with Miami coming off a bye week, and probably a different offense so not much tape

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

4.6 isn't 5 though.

He probably should - he's been the number one or two RB according to PFF all year and hes looked about that good. And the Rams run game in general is good - we just ran all over the Bears..

I do think this will be a tough game though - short week and flying across country with Miami coming off a bye week, and probably a different offense so not much tape

i found your issue

Regardless, I have little doubt that you'll be able to run the ball pretty well. Feel good about stopping Goff though. Looking forward to the game.

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

i found your issue

Regardless, I have little doubt that you'll be able to run the ball pretty well. Feel good about stopping Goff though. Looking forward to the game.

That's why I said "and hes looked about that good" - it's a somewhat rare case where the eye test matches their evaluation. But I can see why an opposing fan would say that - we usually get to 140-150 yards rushing with Henderson only having 50-70.

But then again, this is another Belichick desciple and McVay has struggled against BB, Patricia and Judge - so I guess I should expect a struggle

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

That's why I said "and hes looked about that good" - it's a somewhat rare case where the eye test matches their evaluation. But I can see why an opposing fan would say that - we usually get to 140-150 yards rushing with Henderson only having 50-70.

But then again, this is another Belichick desciple and McVay has struggled against BB, Patricia and Judge - so I guess I should expect a struggle

Either way! Hope for a good game with no injuries!

Until it changes when y’all make score predictions start with Rams scoring at least 30pts. Under McVay, the Rams have played 6 noon kickoff games. They are (5-1) the one loss being to the Bills where they were a questionable PI call away from winning. Most importantly though each game the Rams have score at least 30pts. So again until it changes pencil in at least 30pts for the Rams and if the Dolphins want to win they will have to score at least 30pts. 

I’ll say this though it’s a perfect storm to happen due to the Rams coming off a short week in a physical defensive game and the Dolphins had a BYE to get ready. I’m excited though to see Tua make his first start. As an LSU fan I’ve watched Tua and Bama and he was special for them. This game though is a Goff avenge game. Goff made his first career start in LA against the Dolphins. Had a 7-0 lead in the 4th until Fisher went conservative and the Dolphins won 14-7. I expect Goff to do like he has continuously done and that’s get that Fisher bad smell off him and it all started against the Dolphins. I look for Goff to have a very good game. Good luck Sunday and I hope for no injuries.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I watched the Rams-Cowboys game and it didn't seem like the Rams were dominating on the ground. Yet they ended up with 153 yds rushing, 3.8 YPC. 

I watched the Rams-Bears game and the run game dominated against a much-better defense, 161 yds, 4.7 YPC. It was quite impressive. Like the coach figured out a weakness and exploited it. 

The comeback from down (gulp) 28-3 vs the Bills to take a 32-28 lead was incredible. 

Hello Dolphins fans! Excited to see Tua this week!! Really wish it wasn’t against the rams though because I’d like to actually wish him well 😅 I hope he’s a stud but takes a game to adjust lol Dolphins are a team Ive always liked, even though regardless of how good or bad they’re doing, they always seem to beat the Rams. I think if the rams can stop the run and force Tua to try and win the game through the air, the pass rush of the rams will give him fits and hopefully either get to him or force bad throws. I do however know he is No ordinary rookie, he will be ready, and he is accustomed to big stages. Offensively, The rams have been running the ball very effectively and although it surprised me a bit, Henderson looks great and they have two guys behind him that are more than capable. Goff has been great aside from probably the Niners game and Up until the Washington game I believe he was only one of 2 quarterbacks without a turnover worthy play. He is the second least sacked QB this season so I’m hopeful they’ll be able to run well, use Play Action, and get in a groove. Obviously they need to execute or else it’s all just “on paper”. I don’t see this being a guaranteed win by any means, but I can definitely see the Rams flying home with a W as I do think they are the better team overall. 
Most importantly, let’s hope for an injury free game on both sides. Looking forward to this game! 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Until it changes when y’all make score predictions start with Rams scoring at least 30pts. Under McVay, the Rams have played 6 noon kickoff games. They are (5-1) the one loss being to the Bills where they were a questionable PI call away from winning. Most importantly though each game the Rams have score at least 30pts. So again until it changes pencil in at least 30pts for the Rams and if the Dolphins want to win they will have to score at least 30pts. 

I’ll say this though it’s a perfect storm to happen due to the Rams coming off a short week in a physical defensive game and the Dolphins had a BYE to get ready. I’m excited though to see Tua make his first start. As an LSU fan I’ve watched Tua and Bama and he was special for them. This game though is a Goff avenge game. Goff made his first career start in LA against the Dolphins. Had a 7-0 lead in the 4th until Fisher went conservative and the Dolphins won 14-7. I expect Goff to do like he has continuously done and that’s get that Fisher bad smell off him and it all started against the Dolphins. I look for Goff to have a very good game. Good luck Sunday and I hope for no injuries.  

How many of those wins were in games of nearly 90 degree humid/rainy weather?

12 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Washington game a few weeks ago was pouring and in 2017 the Giants game was even worse in the rain. Rams actually put up 50 in the Gaints game 

Not sure the Washington game was 90 degrees though. Not sure what a game in 2017 matters, lots of turnover in 3 years lol