Week 8: Los Angeles Rams (5-2) @ Miami Dolphins (3-3) ... IT'S FINALLY TUA TIME!

TheKillerNacho

36 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We'll have to open up Tua more than we did in that one going forward, but this win felt good! Maybe people will take us seriously now when we tell that our defense is no joke. 

Need one those old-timey car horns except it goes "OOOOOGBAH OOOOOOGBAH."

• Like 2

Good game.

I'd love to know a teams record when their offense averages 3.0 yards per play or less - Dolphins may have made history by winning.

Even with how the defense played, if Goff just protects the ball, we probably win despite Flores being such a problem for McVay and Goff. Very frustrating to lose a game when you completely dominate the other teams offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We'll have to open up Tua more than we did in that one going forward, but this win felt good! Maybe people will take us seriously now when we tell that our defense is no joke. 

We can now see why Flores pushed hard to go get Byron Jones and Igbinoghene when they already had X.  When they are all healthy, it allows Flores to get really creative with the pass rush and man is it ever effective.  Still need 1, maybe 2 LBs to round out that D, but it's still really legit when that secondary is healthy. 

But as for the offense, you are 100% right.  I get why they went beyond vanilla in this one to protect Tua from that D-line in his first start, but we don't have the run game to do that again.  Very lucky that the D balled out and ST came to play.  I counted 4 outright drops by receivers today, and a 5th one was arguable when Tua threw a perfect dime to Gesicki downfield but Gesicki couldn't haul it in.  Gotta clean that up.  Preston Williams especially had a terrible game catching the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Patriots assistants own Goff. He played possibly the worst game of any QB this year - blitzes weren't even disguised, he just threw the ball right to Miami twice. If we didn't drop back to pass a single time in this game we probably win - that's how bad Goff was

Just now, FrantikRam said:

Patriots assistants own Goff. He played possibly the worst game of any QB this year - blitzes weren't even disguised, he just threw the ball right to Miami twice. If we didn't drop back to pass a single time in this game we probably win - that's how bad Goff was

I told you before the game our pass defense was no joke. But gg man, gl with the rest of the season

3 hours ago, Emerica said:

200.gif

Its been like this for 20+ years. Maybe your team should just do better. Crawl back to your hole pls.

TF? Lmfao did I say anything other than that? Did I blame anything? Learn to read and have a conversation before responding something so idiotic. Literally said not an excuse. Rams didn’t show up. If you want I can easily come up with GREAT excuses. Like yes.. that’s insane temperatures. When someone sees 140 degrees don’t you think they’d think “wow that’s not safe?” You know anything about the human body?  Don’t they have to move the games sometimes to 4:00? Did your team travel 20k miles in 8 weeks? Nah they didn’t. And they still couldn’t do anything against a defense without one of the best corners in the game. Rams offensive line simply didn’t show up and Goff looked like garbage. I didn’t come in and say “omg these temperatures are absurd and that’s why we are losing”. Learn to read. 

to everyone else, good game, I truly think this plays out different in LA, but that pressure they put on was nuts, and thats something that would have happened in any stadium. Props to that defense for not allowing Goff to even think. I’ve been waiting to see what he does in a game like this. He’s had incredible blocking all year and this was a bad week to forget how to block considering the amount you guys blitz.  Rams dominated on the ground but like always, Mcvay forgets that running is an option. Would have liked to see them continue running. Rams defense was lights out, have only allowed two touchdowns in the second half all year and I’m pretty sure it was both in week 3. Dolphins defense did what they had to do to hold that lead. Congrats fellas! And gals if there are any here. Also Goodluck to Tua, really would love to see him shine. 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

TF? Lmfao did I say anything other than that? Did I blame anything? Learn to read and have a conversation before responding something so idiotic. Literally said not an excuse. Rams didn’t show up. If you want I can easily come up with GREAT excuses. Like yes.. that’s insane temperatures. When someone sees 140 degrees don’t you think they’d think “wow that’s not safe?” You know anything about the human body?  Don’t they have to move the games sometimes to 4:00? Did your team travel 20k miles in 8 weeks? Nah they didn’t. And they still couldn’t do anything against a defense without one of the best corners in the game. Rams offensive line simply didn’t show up and Goff looked like garbage. I didn’t come in and say “omg these temperatures are absurd and that’s why we are losing”. Learn to read. 

to everyone else, good game, I truly think this plays out different in LA, but that pressure they put on was nuts, and thats something that would have happened in any stadium. Props to that defense for not allowing Goff to even think. I’ve been waiting to see what he does in a game like this. He’s had incredible blocking all year and this was a bad week to forget how to block considering the amount you guys blitz.  Rams dominated on the ground but like always, Mcvay forgets that running is an option. Would have liked to see them continue running. Rams defense was lights out, have only allowed two touchdowns in the second half all year and I’m pretty sure it was both in week 3. Dolphins defense did what they had to do to hold that lead. Congrats fellas! And gals if there are any here. Also Goodluck to Tua, really would love to see him shine. 

Everything will be alright in the end, don't worry. Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Statement game for the defense. They carried us today and made Goff look like a high schooler out there in the 1st half.  Their offense had no answer for our pressure and multiple looks.

Overall pretty happy with the W but still a bit frustrated we couldn't play a full game once again. D is excused since it feels like they were on the field 85% of the game lol. You could tell they were gassed in the 4th quarter. O got super conservative again which I can understand being that it was Tua's first game, but its been an issue when Fitz was in the game as well. I just wish we would keep our feet on the gas in second halves. We always seem to make sure to keep the other team in the game.

Edited by Emerica

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I told you before the game our pass defense was no joke. But gg man, gl with the rest of the season

Just responding because of the "I told you before the game our pass defense was no joke"

I wasn't really impressed with the Dolphins defense. Just Goff being bad Goff. The zero blitzes weren't disguised, yet Goff couldn't figure them out. He threw an INT on a zone blitz to a DL like a college-level QB. Rams WRs were open all game (missed TD to Kupp before half, missed Reynolds and Woods deep). Miami didn't really even apply pressure save for the zero blitzes, which we stupidly couldn't counter until the second half. Goff literally gifted Miami 21 points off three turnovers where the Miami offense only had to gain 40 yards. 

I know you guys are still building so obviously, I'd be happy with the win if I were you - but if an NFL team is held to under 150 yards and 3 yards per play, I wouldn't feel good about the win - Goff handed the game over on a silver platter, and that's rarely going to happen in the NFL.

So from my perspective, it's one of two things: either Goff needs to go, or 4 trips East in 8 weeks messed him up. Well find out in the second half of the season.

Good luck the rest of the way and please beat the Cardinals.

5 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Just responding because of the "I told you before the game our pass defense was no joke"

I wasn't really impressed with the Dolphins defense. Just Goff being bad Goff. The zero blitzes weren't disguised, yet Goff couldn't figure them out. He threw an INT on a zone blitz to a DL like a college-level QB. Rams WRs were open all game (missed TD to Kupp before half, missed Reynolds and Woods deep). Miami didn't really even apply pressure save for the zero blitzes, which we stupidly couldn't counter until the second half. Goff literally gifted Miami 21 points off three turnovers where the Miami offense only had to gain 40 yards. 

I know you guys are still building so obviously, I'd be happy with the win if I were you - but if an NFL team is held to under 150 yards and 3 yards per play, I wouldn't feel good about the win - Goff handed the game over on a silver platter, and that's rarely going to happen in the NFL.

So from my perspective, it's one of two things: either Goff needs to go, or 4 trips East in 8 weeks messed him up. Well find out in the second half of the season.

Good luck the rest of the way and please beat the Cardinals.

lol

we were dismantling your OL and covering all your receivers at the same time. Goff sucked but he wasn't the only one our pass defense dismantled, nor was it the only time this season we've done so

You don't have to agree I guess or give credit where it's due but jesus you sound pretty salty when you say things like "you wouldn't feel good about the win".

As for the offense, they did what they had to do. Credit to the Rams Defense, they played a hell of the game. We were never really in a position that we had to pull out any big plays on offense to succeed, so we did keep it pretty vanilla. Pretty happy with what I saw from the D during the win. Hope the offense can improve with Tua moving forward but we won't be facing the stalwart Rams defense every game this season, thankfully.

We had four drops that I can remember, one long one to Gesicki.  Preston had two drops in one series.  And our corners also could have easily had two more picks.

But it felt good to get the win, and it felt good that Tua threw the ball well.  The anemic passing numbers are a reflection of the vanilla play calling and the drops.

We really need a top shelf RB, Gaskin is a change of pace back at best.  I don't know how we'll fare against the Cardinals, I doubt they'll spot us multiple TDs.

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

lol

we were dismantling your OL and covering all your receivers at the same time. Goff sucked but he wasn't the only one our pass defense dismantled, nor was it the only time this season we've done so

You don't have to agree I guess or give credit where it's due but jesus you sound pretty salty when you say things like "you wouldn't feel good about the win".

As for the offense, they did what they had to do. Credit to the Rams Defense, they played a hell of the game. We were never really in a position that we had to pull out any big plays on offense to succeed, so we did keep it pretty vanilla. Pretty happy with what I saw from the D during the win. Hope the offense can improve with Tua moving forward but we won't be facing the stalwart Rams defense every game this season, thankfully.

Pretty much the only time Miami got pressure is when they brought more than the Rams could block - I don't see that as dismantling an OL. At first, that's a McVay problem for getting outcoached by Flores. But I also put it on Goff because he is supposedly a good NFL QB.

The blanketing the WRs, there were a few plays in the first half where that was true, but after that disastrous second quarter, we had open WRs.

I probably am a little salty - it's extremely frustrating to do what we did to Miami's offense and lose.