Week 5 Oakland (2-2) vs Baltimore (2-2)

drfrey13

Week 5 against the Ravens is gut check time for both teams.  Both started off winning 2 in a row easily and then getting beat the past 2 weeks.  Baltimore has lost by a wide margin the last two weeks but we may be without Carr.  We need to come out hot for our 3 games at home because they just get harder after this.  We have a few key guys that are questionable and Brandon Williams has already been ruled out.  Carr's status will be huge but I believe we can win this game either way if we take care of the ball.

w/o Carr Oak 19 - Ravens 17

w/Carr Oak 34 - Ravens 13

Side note:  Once again the local markets in LA are not showing the Raiders.  This week we get the Rams vs Seahawks on CBS so they can also play the Packers vs Cowboys on FOX.  Probably some obscure TV rule that has not been used in 15 years explains why they are doing this.

Go RAIDERS!!!

You read my mind on the score prediction.. thinking 19-16 Raiders Final in a sloppy offensive Field Goal game. 

50/50 game without Carr though. Hopefully they rally and the W for him. I think EJ is a pretty decent backup compared to McGloin/Cook. He's not great by any means but hopefully good enough to squeak out a win here. 

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

I think Manuel is better than Bortles.  If Bortles and the Jaguars can spank 'em so can we.

I would follow that line of thinking but that week was strange for almost the entire league and it was a London game which can throw off either team.

I don't agree that Manuel is better than Bortles, but I do think he's a far better alternative as a backup than either McGloin or Cook, so bringing him in is definitely an upgrade.

I see that Carr still hasn't officially been announced as out for this game. I get the feeling that come game-time he won't be suited up, but the fact he seems to be nearly ready even just a week after the break, shows that he should be good to go next week, which is great.

8 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Carr,Jackson,Washington all inactive as are Amerson and Conley. Big blow Jackson being out.

sigh...

Well, next man up. EJ, Feli, Olawale, McDonald, Luani and Hamilton all need to be solid contributors.

The good side of that news is Olawale and EJ have been good together and the Luani and McDonald played well in the limited snaps they have had.

16 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

sigh...

Well, next man up. EJ, Feli, Olawale, McDonald, Luani and Hamilton all need to be solid contributors.

The good side of that news is Olawale and EJ have been good together and the Luani and McDonald played well in the limited snaps they have had.

Could be a long day.  Might just grab Flacco for my fantasy team.

Archived