Week 5 Oakland (2-2) vs Baltimore (2-2)

drfrey13

Just now, big_palooka said:

I was laughed at when I said that in August. This team needed a lot to go right and rode a bad schedule to 12-4 last season. This defense didn't improve. They had a top 10 offense, let the OC go. Had a bottom 5 defense, kept the DC lol.

Its not quite fair to say the defense hasn't improved when we spent our top 2 picks on DBs and both are not playing due to injury.  The DL is improved and so has LB play overall.  Sean Smith can't be helped other than benching but even still he's hot and cold so you don't know which guy will show up.  Plus, again, the injuries.  Defense is fine by me all in all

I'm more disappointed in the offense than anything. Especially Downing, Carr, and the OL. Musgrave was a stiff but he prepared our offense better....can't believe I'm even complimenting the guy tbh.  Cook has been overrated the whole time, but I was hoping for a decent player.  Seems he's who he always has been.  Cooper can't catch a ball to save his life this year either.  

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Its not quite fair to say the defense hasn't improved when we spent our top 2 picks on DBs and both are not playing due to injury.  The DL is improved and so has LB play overall.  Sean Smith can't be helped other than benching but even still he's hot and cold so you don't know which guy will show up.  Plus, again, the injuries.  Defense is fine by me all in all

I'm more disappointed in the offense than anything. Especially Downing, Carr, and the OL. Musgrave was a stiff but he prepared our offense better....can't believe I'm even complimenting the guy tbh.  Cook has been overrated the whole time, but I was hoping for a decent player.  Seems he's who he always has been.  Cooper can't catch a ball to save his life this year either.  

Oh of course.... this offense when from hero to zero for seemingly no reason. Same way I feel regarding Musgrave. His structure seemed to work. This has the feel of an OC who doesn't know what to call. Just trying to things.... how can you not scheme Cooper open?? 

My issues w/ the defense is the amount of resources invested into a secondary that doesn't make plays. Yes, 2 rookies are down.... but explain the veteran guys. 

Archived