Week 5 Oakland (2-2) vs Baltimore (2-2)

drfrey13

Just now, raidr4life said:

This staff knows more than us, so it must be a reason they let Smith cover the opposing teams fastest WR.

Smith has to play, so who should he be following around on the field Maclin? Perriman? He is getting dusted by anyone of them. He showed he can't even cover tightends as well.

I don't have a solution. But there must be a reason they keep him on one side of the field.

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Not the one deep center safety. He has to play back anyway, he is the last line of defense. It wasnt even that hard of an action. Nelson has to do a better job especially since he is slow as hell, with a slow as hell corner beside him. 

You saying that play action as no affect on a single high safety shows you never played football.

And I don't thing he was in single high there, I could be wrong but i think he was on that side of the field.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm aware but you have to give your guys a chance. Receivers are one of the strengths of this team. Why not try to get them involved on some slants, screens or crossers?

Do you remember when we ran those screens and short routes to get the ball to Coop and Crab when Musgrave was coach. Remember the outcry to run and throw deeper...

No matter what there are other things that can be done.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Friendly reminder..... this is the easy part of the schedule.

When we get to week 9 that may change looking at how things are going.

We have our division in both halves but Dolphins, Giants, Cowboys aren't looking like tough matchups. Just the Pats and Eagles. But the Bills and Skins may match those team in effectiveness and record by that point.

8 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Even with Carr, this looks like an 8-8 ball club. We just aren't that good in every phase 

I was laughed at when I said that in August. This team needed a lot to go right and rode a bad schedule to 12-4 last season. This defense didn't improve. They had a top 10 offense, let the OC go. Had a bottom 5 defense, kept the DC lol.

Archived