Around the NFL - Week 8

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Aldon has really cooled off after a good first couple games. Not sure how nice a pick we would get.

Yeah, I think I'd rather attempt to re-sign him on a cap friendly deal and hope he can rebound under a different DC. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Aldon has really cooled off after a good first couple games. Not sure how nice a pick we would get.

I went and looked at the stats. He’s basically non existent these last two weeks, but his snap count went way down. Not sure why.

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I went and looked at the stats. He’s basically non existent these last two weeks, but his snap count went way down. Not sure why.

What NYFB said + by just the eye test and without any #'s to back this up, it seems like we have been running more 4-3 instead of the hybrid 3-4 we were running with Aldon being a dog blitzer.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Even though Tyron has missed a bunch of time, this is part of the reason I rather keep him. He is the 14th highest paid tackle. I rather him play 13 out of 16 games at his cap hit and have a high quality backup than pay some of these guys $18-22 million

11 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Even though Tyron has missed a bunch of time, this is part of the reason I rather keep him. He is the 14th highest paid tackle. I rather him play 13 out of 16 games at his cap hit and have a high quality backup than pay some of these guys $18-22 million

When was the last time he played 13 games AND was effective?