The Texans young talent

Pastor Dillon

Just now, jch1911 said:

It was allegedly for disciplinary reasons... maybe Covid related?

I'm sure this will get out sooner rather than later, but this couldn't be better for a guy like Jake Luton - first career start against a bad defense/secondary down two starting CBs.

Luton should be able to get in some work today.

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Watson sounds like he’s gonna be pissed off if we don’t resign Fuller. I mean how mad can he be when he just signed the contract that’s forcing us to get rid of guys 😂

His contract isn’t forcing them to get rid of guys, the. handing out contracts terrible contracts to players and managing the cap poorly is what is preventing them.

Also, if you lose your pro bowl WR a year after losing your all pro WR, I’d be pretty pissed too.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:48 AM, ET80 said:

I'm sure this will get out sooner rather than later, but this couldn't be better for a guy like Jake Luton - first career start against a bad defense/secondary down two starting CBs.

Luton should be able to get in some work today.

Did any info get leaked??? McClain roasted him right after kickoff on twitter 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, lumberjackchris said:

Did any info get leaked??? McClain roasted him right after kickoff on twitter 

McClain and these Houston Chronicle writers are very cocky and have been so in recent seasons, whenever they report anything on the Texans that is insider like "Texans are shopping ____" they always tend to throw their opinion into it like we care lol. I'm happy Roby and Lonnie knocked them down a peg.

Conley is staying on IR for the season

i actually think this could be a good thing. He was a solid starter for us last year. I want him back. We don’t have options in the secondary and having him back with a new coaching staff might make something of him. 

he’s a free agent and he’s gonna have very little value. I’d offer him a 3 year 12 million deal with not much guaranteed money. Keep him, John Reid, Johnson, and Reid back in the secondary and try to add some players to it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I actually think this could be a good thing. He was a solid starter for us last year. I want him back. We don’t have options in the secondary and having him back with a new coaching staff might make something of him

I agree, I think he's a really good #2 CB type and could be had on a pretty steep discount.

I'd go with one of those one year prove it deals for him - 1/$4.5mm or something really low. Ankle injuries are really challenging for CBs, so I'd be hesitant to sign him long term - treat him like we did Roby, get him on a one year deal and give him the chance to make more money later.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

I agree, I think he's a really good #2 CB type and could be had on a pretty steep discount.

I'd go with one of those one year prove it deals for him - 1/$4.5mm or something really low. Ankle injuries are really challenging for CBs, so I'd be hesitant to sign him long term - treat him like we did Roby, get him on a one year deal and give him the chance to make more money later.

I’m not as big a fan of one year “prove it” deals because if they prove it, you can’t afford them. That’s why I prefer a 3 year deal that is team friendly but has low guaranteed money so that they can be cut if they aren’t worth it. 

if you are gonna take a risk, at least have some reward in it.