Name me Two players that.....

vegas492

Not that this is at all "done" or set in stone, but....

We are seeing that if we want to get better, as in a lot better, we could use a disruptive DL more than anything else.  Of course there is Donald, but Buckner was mentioned, as was Chris Jones.  Many times along with Donald.

Which means, adding Q Williams makes sense.  Or someone like him.  

Next up is either a reliable deep threat, or a shut down corner.

Then there is a hybrid safety type.

Trade targets, DL, WR, CB, S.  And there are some good names at safety still on the free agent pile.  Marcell Dareus at DL.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Hadn't thought about that.  Jamal Adams.

So, is he putting Amos or Savage on the pine?  Or is he taking over a linebacker role?

I don't think that Adams moves the needle more than a WR or another corner.

Defenses of Pettine Past have used multiple safety looks and to an extent, we already use Greene and hopefully Scott and Black in hybrid or multiple sets.  There would be more than one way to get Adams' talent on the field and he offers that kind of coverage/run support/rushing ability that any coordinator can cook with.

Amos has been as advertised, steady solid but not a flashy play maker.  Savage has been one of my bigger disappointments this year but for such a young player, and this being the worst possible off season for development, he still has tons of upside.  

In this mythical realm of hypotheticals (aka never will happen, ever) I think Adams fills tons of holes and is a playmaker making everyone better. Our CBs if healthy are still a top unit if not elite.

Edited by Refugee

6 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Defenses of Pettine Past have used multiple safety looks and to an extent, we already use Greene and hopefully Scott and Black in hybrid or multiple sets.  There would be more than one way to get Adams' talent on the field and he offers that kind of coverage/run support/rushing ability that any coordinator can cook with.

Amos has been as advertised, steady solid but not a flashy play maker.  Savage has been one of my bigger disappointments this year but for such a young player, and this being the worst possible off season for development, he still has tons of upside.  

In this mythical realm of hypotheticals (aka never will happen, ever) I think Adams fills tons of holes and is a playmaker making everyone better. Our CBs if healthy are still a top unit if not elite.

We used Green, Scott and Black up there this past game because there was no Savage.

If Savage is healthy, with Amos, I don't know where you play that gadget player.

But, we do play plenty of zone, there are ways to get it done.  I'm not disputing at all the player that Adams is, or anyone else like him.

Just stating, I'm unsure if Pettine could figure out how to use a player like that to their potential.

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

Reggie & Sterling :)

I thought about getting in the time machine for this exercise in magical thinking, as well.

*Unless of course you meant Begelton and Shepard, might as well throw Barkivious Mingo in there if you want to keep the theme going.

Edited by Refugee

2 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

Aaron Donald

Khalil Mack

That's a first.  Hadn't thought about that one.

I still stand by Donald and Hill.

But, I also dig the Chris Jones, Donald combination.  Think that @AlexGreen#20 hit a home run with that one.  I had not thought about a 3-3-5.

Then @Packerraymond comes in with Garrett, Gilmour.  That would be a nasty combo, too.

Regarding @AustrianPacker I guess I don't see a guard moving the needle much on offense.  Even the elite guard like Nelson.

If I were to be swayed from my selections, it would be to the Chris Jones, Donald combo.

Love the thoughts.