An idea that should go over well with most Pennsylvanians

pf9

18 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

because there is a difference between playing the patriots 20 years straight and playing the dolphins 20years straight. 

I see what you’re saying but I’d make it non divisional obvi. Plus, Patriots are gonna suck for the foreseeable future. I’d still find it interesting. 

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I see what you’re saying but I’d make it non divisional obvi. Plus, Patriots are gonna suck for the foreseeable future. I’d still find it interesting. 

if you want  to just have like two divisions just rotate through each other every year that works. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t know why people think this is such a big deal? This would easily make money. NFL fans love to travel. They make yearly trips around games. Every two teams could have a gimmick. Battle of PA works. Just like the dumbass annual college games with ridiculous premises that end up being great rivalries. Subway game, play a game in Mexico, Canada. Would easily work out. It grows the brand. Owners would be fine with it. 

Playing a game in Mexico or Canada builds a new fan base for a team, obviously the owners would be fine w that.

Playing a neutral site game, in the middle of PA, where everyone already has their allegiance makes no sense at all. 

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

because there is a difference between playing the patriots 20 years straight and playing the dolphins 20years straight. 

I think they’ll definitely weigh things like this when it comes to the 17th game. But yeah I think the best way is just use it as a course correct on SoS. 
All 16 extra games should be neutral site, but I doubt it will. Especially with COVID. But after it they should use this extra game to expand internationally.

11 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Playing a game in Mexico or Canada builds a new fan base for a team, obviously the owners would be fine w that.

Playing a neutral site game, in the middle of PA, where everyone already has their allegiance makes no sense at all. 

Why does the NHL play outside a few games a year? Leagues innovate to make the game more appealing. More allegiance, stronger passions make a fan who he is. Find a natural rivalry or even manufacture one and in time, people will get hype about it. I know I get up for Dallas week every year. I don’t care if we’re 0-10. I want to win that game, if only that game. There’s no drawbacks to having this game other than injury possibilities but that would naturally come with a game expansion anyway. NFL makes a deal with the venue, split it 60-40 whatever, teams involved split that. Or show some good PR, have each team play for a charity, the NFL donates the gate to the winner. Loser gets 250k. Something. It doesn’t have to be same old, same old for the rest of our lives. Things change, evolve. Baseball is a great example. By my opinion, baseball is done in the next 10-20 years without some major reform.