The Pats QB situation

Apparition

Titans Tannehill is a good comp for how Minshew should be used successfully on a team. Emphasis on the run game, heavy play action and a few big play receivers who can make things happen when he needs to get rid of the ball quickly. 

I trust 49ers, Patriots and to a slightly lesser extent Colts most to put him in a position to succeed.  If he goes to the Bears like rumored he will get destroyed ( especially with Robinson gone). 

I got tricked by a random twitter account this morning claiming the Patriots made two trades and was surprised BB made moves so quickly: 

• Minshew for a 3rd round pick
  • Andy Isabella for Harry 

I was admittedly pretty happy for half a second before realizing it obviously wasn't a legit account lol

This is the crap that drives me crazy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1358885270683344897/r-kA3c0r?format=jpg&name=small

This is nothing but idiot Curran and his side kick Perry talking crap on their podcast. They have no clue it the Pats are even looking at Mariota.

Now this is all over the net and many believe this is valid information, which its not. This is no better than one of us saying the Pats are interested in trading up for Lawrence!!!! 

MM stinks.  He's so bad that L Jackson throws a better ball. He lost his job to fringing Tannahill with Henry as his running back!!!!!!!!!! How the heck is he going to do anything in the Pats offense. GMAFB!!!

His great game this year was against the Chargers who Cam beat 45-0 !!!!!

Edited by m haynes

Part of the reason many reporters think the Patriots want Mariota goes back to the draft. I recall a lot of reports stating that Josh Mcdaniels loved him coming out of college. His decision making is highly suspect, he isn't as accurate as people say and seems to always be dinged up one way or another. I don't see the appeal

If BB really loved him as a player, why wouldn't they find a way to sign him last year? He would have obviously picked to come here and be a starter compared to Vegas if the money was similar. Same for the people who believe they will go after Winston, makes no sense for them to go after any of the player they could have had last season. 

The only Free Agents I can think of them going after would be Trubisky and Fitzpatrick. I can't think of anyone else that makes sense. They could think of Mitch as a long term answer ( unlikely) but more than likely we would see them drafting a QB round 1-4 signing either of them anyway.

Edited by Crimmage

Don't think Bill is high on any QB right now...

We didn't make the list of offers to Detroit for Stafford. He hasn't ever expressed a desire to bring Jimmy back, he hasn't mentioned Minshew once. Cam was only brought in because he was cheaper than the parking at the stadium.

Who does Bill like, other than Hunter Henry?!

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Who does Bill like, other than Hunter Henry?!

Given how much BB talked up Jimmy when he left and all the glowing things he has said about him in the past, everyone assumes Jimmy is his #1 guy. I'm not convinced BB is as in love with him anymore, isn't he the guy who has said in the past the best ability is availability or something to that extent. His injury history and contract makes me believe he wouldn't trade for him and another QB needy team would likely offer more. 

They are either keeping things close to the vest ( likely) or the plan is to go all in on the draft for the next QB ( or they really believe Cam can be good with a full offseason 😭)

8 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Given how much BB talked up Jimmy when he left and all the glowing things he has said about him in the past, everyone assumes Jimmy is his #1 guy. I'm not convinced BB is as in love with him anymore, isn't he the guy who has said in the past the best ability is availability or something to that extent. His injury history and contract makes me believe he wouldn't trade for him and another QB needy team would likely offer more. 

They are either keeping things close to the vest ( likely) or the plan is to go all in on the draft for the next QB ( or they really believe Cam can be good with a full offseason 😭)

Yeah he has since seen Jimmy play in a very friendly QB scheme and still turn the ball over too often. Jimmy always had a low depth of target, WRs with high YAC and still threw picks....not good enough.

He isn't awful, but he certainly isn't the answer. The only way Jimmy makes sense is if he is cut and you get him at a reduced cost without losing draft picks imo. This is also assuming that a QB is drafted in the top two rounds and he is a bridge guy. 

If you are trading say a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.. and eating the ~20-25 million dollar salary.. why wouldn't you just go sign Mitch Trubisky for 10 million a year to be the bridge to your drafted QB and spend the extra 10+ million on the rest of the team? All of the reports of Jimmy G are just because of the 1 game he had years ago where he looked great. I'm sure BB and Josh have watched plenty of tape on him since.. and aren't as high on him as they used to be. 

I would be really disappointed if the team trades for Jimmy.. I think it would be a big mistake ( especially if they don't draft someone too)

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah he has since seen Jimmy play in a very friendly QB scheme and still turn the ball over too often. Jimmy always had a low depth of target, WRs with high YAC and still threw picks....not good enough.

I would say the injuries will turn him off to Jimmy more than anything else. You can coach the other stuff out of him, but you can't teach durability.

8 hours ago, Crimmage said:

they really believe Cam can be good with a full offseason 

If this is true I will scream for BB head. I don't give a crap what he's done in the past. Cam Newton was putrid. He can't play QB and for BB to go with him again, its a slap in every Pats fans face!!!!!!!

I just called my doctor. My blood pressure just went through the roof!!!!!!!

I have dumped the Red Sox. I have dumped the Celtics and if this happens I WILL DUMP THE FRIGGING PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!