The Pats QB situation

Apparition

Pitts is possible but seems unlikely. He is probably a top 15 pick in the draft .. and BB took two TE's this past season which he really hasn't had much time to evaluate. I still think Asiasi could be great .. and a combo of Pitts / Asiasi would be awesome.. but who's going to throw them the ball?? 

Cam could hit them in the knees... or best case scenario of Jacoby Brisset coming back ? 

To me it's QB or Defense all the way. If BB goes 8-8 or 9-7 somehow with horrendous QB play .. he could easily double down thinking he can win with an average QB and go all in on defense. 

If he goes after Chris Godwin in Free Agency I can deal with the draft being all defense though

7 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Dallas, Chargers, and potentially Giants if Eagles win the division are the teams to look out for on a trade up. 

One of those teams will be pick #5 before Washington / Carolina / Philly / Detroit /etc who could ALLLLL want a QB. 

Does #15, #46 and a first next season get you from 15 to 5? I'm really not sure tbo.. but it also means you're rebuilding this defense with a 3rd round comp and 4th rounders which is tough to do. I still do it If they believe the QB to be special .. but who knows if a bidding war happens and you have to give up even more than that to move up 10 spots. 

1.  Trade pretty close. Based on value charts Pats give up more in points.  something like 200 points.

2.  Don't forget the Cap. Buy low level FA.   EX Mike Vrabel

3. Bidding war will happen, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Kyle Pitts anyone?

Love the player however I would say no. Reason why,  we don't know about the 2 rookies. You can't go by the 1st year in the NFL.  Someone mentioned that BB said TE is the hardest position to learn for a rookie.

This is just me ,but a hate FLA players. If the Pats take one you know he will stink! Also it hard to name one WR from FLA that made it big in the NFL. Only one I know is Percy Harvin who was good for what 4 years.

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Found this excellent site if you are interested in mocks drafts. Check out the drop down menus. One site with all the mocks, makes the draft easy to follow

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/teams/new-england-patriots

It says the consensus is Pitts. 

It makes sense, but then...it also doesn't. For the above reasons

Rashod Bateman.  I read this report and screams (he's better than)  Harry. I want nothing to do with the phrases/words like , big ,strong, builds his speed , doesn't have elite explosiveness or burst , lot of contact down the field with defensive backs ( means he covered like a blanket), uses his size and physicality , ideal blend of size and strength,.

Daniel Jeremiah.  No wonder why he's in the booth. Thomas my butt!

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-rashod-bateman-wr-similar-to-michael-thomas

1st play on tape, he looks like he's running in mud. I give him a flyer in the 6th RD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9iHNp1hRm4

19 hours ago, m haynes said:

1.  Trade pretty close. Based on value charts Pats give up more in points.  something like 200 points.

2.  Don't forget the Cap. Buy low level FA.   EX Mike Vrabel

3. Bidding war will happen, that's for sure.

1. That makes me feel better I suppose .. so it could be more like 1st, 2nd, and next years 1st for #5 and a 3rd round pick for even value? I'd be all over that deal to grab Wilson. 

2. This is a really underrated factor of this off season. With the cap potentially going down we are going to see a lot of above average vets getting cut which will result in an opportunity for BB to get lots of value in the market. I'm still all about trying to get 1 high profile WR like Godwin then value upgrades all over the team. Given that they likely wont be spending big money on QB they can put that into other places on the team. 

3. That's really what scares me most.. a new coach/gm in Detroit or Atlanta being aggressive and offering a crazy deal to get their QB of the future. Someone could give up something like 2 1sts and 2 2nds which BB def wouldn't match imo. So many teams are locked into QB's next season who would be wise to grab their QB of the future and let him sit for a year

17 hours ago, Crimmage said:

so it could be more like 1st, 2nd, and next years 1st for #5 and a 3rd round pick for even value?

This what I post earlier

We give up a 2nd 2020 and a 4th 2020 we get back a 2020 3rd.  Finally in 2021 Pats give up 1st Rd pick which should be in the 20+. 2021. Wilson and a 3rd = 1st, 2nd and a 4th. That by the charts, most likely you we need more and over pay.

high profile WR like Godwin

Godwin is high price. I like Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones. Pure guess, a lot cheaper. Especially Jone age 30yrs old. What I look at can they play the (true pro) position that don't have to be super stars to be effective, however Godwin with look pretty nice in a Pats Uniform!

Detroit or Atlanta being aggressive and offering a crazy deal to get their QB

That leave two QBs on the trade market that are Pro ready. That's not the best situation however we can win with Staff or Ryan. Short term solution (hopefully) until we get a QB for the future. Just thinking out load. Pats get Ryan (trade June 1st) draft Jones in the 2nd. We luck out and Jones plays great, ends up being a great pick and steal in the draft. 

Edited by m haynes

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

FYI   BYU on today at 5 PM.  Playing a team that's  9-0

Coastal Carolina Chantincleers? Who the f are they?!

If they are 9-0 they must have been playing in the physically impaired league 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1