The Pats QB situation

Apparition

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Agree with all this. Except, I think Parson will be gone by 8. People are calling him the next Keuchly (I don't, but...).

IMO you are 1000000% correct. There is no way Parson gets to 11th pick. Take a look at who's picking before 11.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I see,  Dallas, Fins, falcons and Giants. Side note Maybe dumb *** Gerry Jones takes Chase. Jones, " He was just to good to pass up"!!!!! Idiot. Jones,  lets pick ornaments when you don't have a tree!

Side note  It is freaking snowing 10 miles out, North of Boston

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

IMO you are 1000000% correct. There is no way Parson gets to 11th pick. Take a look at who's picking before 11.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I see,  Dallas, Fins, falcons and Giants. Side note Maybe dumb *** Gerry Jones takes Chase. Jones, " He was just to good to pass up"!!!!! Idiot. Jones,  lets pick ornaments when you don't have a tree!

Side note  It is freaking snowing 10 miles out, North of Boston

Footbawl weather!

Just done a quick mock...

1. NYJ: Lawrence

2. NYG: Sewell

3. JAX: Fields

4. ATL: Parsons!!....Doh!

5. CIN: Chase!!....Doh!

6. MIN: Lance

10. NE - Waddle. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

13 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Footbawl weather!

Just done a quick mock...

1. NYJ: Lawrence

2. NYG: Sewell

3. JAX: Fields

4. ATL: Parsons!!....Doh!

5. CIN: Chase!!....Doh!

6. MIN: Lance

10. NE - Waddle. 

Love the player however I just don't see it with BB picking that early.

I say he takes Alabama LB Dylan Moses. IMO this is just as big a need as WR. You need to replace (old, injury prone , money) Hightower. LBs are slow and with Moses you add a dynamic defensive player. I'm influenced by Pats history. When they pick high in the draft they go with defense. Willie Mac, Seymour and Mayo.

I would love to see the Pats get another 1st and pick Moore or Waddle.  Unfortunately will never happen.  I also see a trade down, they have to make up for the lost 3rd pick.

17 hours ago, m haynes said:

Love the player however I just don't see it with BB picking that early.

I say he takes Alabama LB Dylan Moses. IMO this is just as big a need as WR. You need to replace (old, injury prone , money) Hightower. LBs are slow and with Moses you add a dynamic defensive player. I'm influenced by Pats history. When they pick high in the draft they go with defense. Willie Mac, Seymour and Mayo.

I would love to see the Pats get another 1st and pick Moore or Waddle.  Unfortunately will never happen.  I also see a trade down, they have to make up for the lost 3rd pick.

Agreed. I'd be fine with that. 

LB, WR, DL, TE - If the value and quality is there, this would make me happy

It's possible.. with Gilmore gone.. Jason McCourty could be gone too .. that would leave JC Jackson, Jonathan Jones, JoeJuan Williams ( assuming he isn't a full time safety) .. the cornerback room could get thin pretty quickly. A Corner could easily be the best player available if they are picking in the 12-16 range. Surtain / Wade /Adebo /etc. oh boy would I hate that pick 

BUT I don't believe we would have to worry about that, one thing BB has historically shown is that he believes in picking LB's early in the draft. He knows that you need a high pick to be your leader on defense. Jerod Mayo was a top 10 pick, Hightower was a first rounder and even Jamie Collins was I believe a high second round pick ( not that he was a leader). I also firmly believe BB got jumped over a couple years ago by Vrabel to grab Rashaan Evans to replace Hightower. 

He will probably go DL / LB in the 1st round. I'm a believer that he wants to win via a dominant defense and grab cast off Veteran QB's to win with .. Matt Ryan / Matt Stafford / Sam Darnold / Gardner Minshew /etc. for the next QB assuming Stidham doesn't magically become decent. 

• Like 2

Watched BYU last night.  Zach Wilson, QB, BYU is the 2nd best QB in the draft. Holy crap he's amazing. I know, he not this, he not that, he doesn't play them ya dee ya dee da. I don't care. If he's there at the Pats 10/11 pick. I'm running up to the table. They said the same crap about Mahomes.

Justin Fields in IMO is a product of OS. Watched his game yesterday and there put up stats when he is pressured and the were pretty bad. I tell you one thing. I wouldn't think twice taking an OS OL they are awesome. 

8 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Watched BYU last night.  Zach Wilson, QB, BYU is the 2nd best QB in the draft. Holy crap he's amazing. I know, he not this, he not that, he doesn't play them ya dee ya dee da. I don't care. If he's there at the Pats 10/11 pick. I'm running up to the table. They said the same crap about Mahomes.

Justin Fields in IMO is a product of OS. Watched his game yesterday and there put up stats when he is pressured and the were pretty bad. I tell you one thing. I wouldn't think twice taking an OS OL they are awesome. 

Yes I like Wilson. And I'm just waiting for the 'experts' to tell us how he'll always be injured because he's smallish (like Lamar...right....?). If we pick at 10 or 11....do we do it....

I quite like our ability to find QBs a round or so later. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

20 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yes I like Wilson. And I'm just waiting for the 'experts' to tell us how he'll always be injured because he's smallish (like Lamar...right....?). If we pick at 10 or 11....do we do it....

I quite like our ability to find QBs a round or so later. 

I just look at Patty Homes. Look at all those teams kicking themselves . Also based what I see, there will be no QBs there with our 2nd pick. I only see 5 in the draft, the others are Joe's.  Pretty bad after the top 5.  There are a lot of buzz that Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia/WF is the next after the top 5 and he throw the ball like Lamar Jackson without the running ability. Yiks!!!

On 10/31/2020 at 3:16 PM, Crimmage said:

It's possible.. with Gilmore gone.. Jason McCourty could be gone too .. that would leave JC Jackson, Jonathan Jones, JoeJuan Williams ( assuming he isn't a full time safety) .. the cornerback room could get thin pretty quickly. A Corner could easily be the best player available if they are picking in the 12-16 range. Surtain / Wade /Adebo /etc. oh boy would I hate that pick 

BUT I don't believe we would have to worry about that, one thing BB has historically shown is that he believes in picking LB's early in the draft. He knows that you need a high pick to be your leader on defense. Jerod Mayo was a top 10 pick, Hightower was a first rounder and even Jamie Collins was I believe a high second round pick ( not that he was a leader). I also firmly believe BB got jumped over a couple years ago by Vrabel to grab Rashaan Evans to replace Hightower. 

He will probably go DL / LB in the 1st round. I'm a believer that he wants to win via a dominant defense and grab cast off Veteran QB's to win with .. Matt Ryan / Matt Stafford / Sam Darnold / Gardner Minshew /etc. for the next QB assuming Stidham doesn't magically become decent. 

I'm a firm believer than building a team first and than drafting a QB is much smarter than the other way around. That's why I am hoping for Parsons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

I'm a firm believer than building a team first and than drafting a QB is much smarter than the other way around. That's why I am hoping for Parsons.

You can afford to move on a top QB when you've got a solid line in front of him, which the Pats definitely do. Still, I would rather address the front-7 as the top priority in the draft. Maybe double-dip with Tufele and Slaton. 

Just now, Starless said:

You can afford to move on a top QB when you've got a solid line in front of him, which the Pats definitely do. Still, I would rather address the front-7 as the top priority in the draft. Maybe double-dip with Tufele and Slaton. 

agree about front 7. Parsons, if he is gone the best DL available.

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I believe the opposite.  Good team, has you picking in the 20+ year after year. History shows that you are basically screwed or unless you lucky enough to stumble upon  a miracle.  Your way you would pass on Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson and last but not least Patrick Mahomes

Agreed, you need a high pick to grab a QB.. then you use that extra cap space to quickly build a team around him and become a contender. Chiefs were able to quickly spend money and build a championship team because Mahomes was making nothing. 

More than likely  one of Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, Jamie Newman, or Kyle Trask will be getting a long look by the Patriots. I don't watch college football enough to know if any of them will be a franchise QB but I would be amazed if they didn't go after a QB in the first 2 rounds ( unless Stidham shows something).