The Pats QB situation

Apparition

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I'm not sure any of us thought Brady was suddenly going to fall off a click this season.. especially with all of the weapons he has on offense. That offense is seriously STACKED. 

But on the Patriots.. he would have had an awful season this year and people would have thought he was done. Especially because he would have cost 25 Million.. and start of the offseason the Pats had no money before opt outs.. so how many people would they have cut? Thuney at minimum would have been gone giving him an even harder time to have a good season this year..etc. 

This was never about Brady.. it was about the age of the team and cap being a ticking time bomb. Without youth to keep things cheap you've got no money to fix your weaknesses.. hence the offense we saw this year imo

I agree, but there were certain fans who were coming at it not from the wholesome POV like the above, but from the misguided POV that he was done or they simply didn't like him. He isn't done, and I think it would have been worth doing more to try and keep him. I think we could have made it work.  Looks like we're planning on moving THuney and Gilmore anyway, even without him, for example

On 1/9/2021 at 9:11 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Automatically turns an offense around - he clearly doesn't need elite weapons (stats better this year without Hop)

I'd have him in a heartbeat, but for 2 firsts and a second....I really have to think about that

The Texans weapons aren’t elite, but Cooks/Stills/Fuller/Cobb is a pretty deep WR corps, with two good receiving backs in the Johnson twins, too.

43 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

The Texans weapons aren’t elite, but Cooks/Stills/Fuller/Cobb is a pretty deep WR corps, with two good receiving backs in the Johnson twins, too.

Texan offensive  (WR) unit is the greatest of all time compared to the Pats WRs

On 1/9/2021 at 6:21 PM, Crimmage said:

Caserio would have to really fleece the Patriots to show that he isn't giving them special treatment or the fanbase would be all over him.. 

I think they would honestly be looking at something like 3 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds and Gilmore  for Watson. This team has so many holes that i'm not sure you can afford to lose that much ( even when BB has struggled in the draft last 4-5 years). 

I don't think that would be too much for Watson but I don't think that would ever be offered in the place.

God help us then. Anyways, anything is better than Mitchel T. (too late in the night to get it right). Dude decided to run on a 4th down and gave up 2 yards short. He's a mediocre QB at best and all that that we don't need to repeat ourselves but even if he had all the tangibles likes Wentz I still wouldn't want him. Plays like a loser, gonna be a loser.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Get Mac Jones already and call it a day.

Just keep rolling the dice on QB's until you land one. You're nothing in this league until you have a franchise QB. If BB feels Jones has that potential, fire away. 

My realistic preference is Lance. But it's entirely possible he's long gone by 15.

Anyone but Trask. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ToonPatriot said:

I think i'd rather be the team rolling the dice trying to get the next QBoTF than jumping from vet to vet who are being let go by teams also wanting to roll said dice.

I'm  stuck between the two. What I mean is it all depends what QB (1st RD) available in the draft in a certain year. If you use 15th pick for example you would not take a  QB in the years mentioned. they were all  went earlier in the drfat.  I don't care who was left on the board at QB. Dice stays in my pocket!

2020  Only three in the draft.

2019    One

2018  Four,  I left off Jackson. What was I thinking! Didn't considered him a 1st RD talent.

2017  Three

This year IMO there are 4 QBs that should go in the 1st RD. Lance IMO is a 2nd RD pick.  If one of the four is there at 15,  I don't hesitate. I roll the dice in 2021. From 2017 to 2020 I go with a vet QB.  Lets say I roll the dice on QBs that have skills and 1st RD talent.

Also,  I don't roll the dice on Mel Kiper specials such as Jordan Love, Paxton Lynch and Trey Lance.

Last  2013 There were no QBs with 1st RD talent. I don't care how desperate your team is at QB. EJ Manuel Roll the dice Snake eyes.

Reminder    Big game tonight at 8 PM. Bama vs OHS.

Really want to see Mac Jones.  I don't care if he has a good or bad game. I want to see what he does in the pocket, reads, progressions. bad game won't change how I feel about him. Everyone has them. 

Lets say he throw for 10 TD. I don't care its not important in my decision if he's good or bad. . It how he plays the position.

Same thing applies to Fields.  Last week did nothing to change my opinion on him as a QB in the pocket. I was impressed with his running and toughness.

So far he may have scored a TD after he led his receiver out of the endzone, and the catcher was wide open, then missed a pick play that had DeVonta alone in the endzone.

Don't like.

Edit. Second Drive: Dude's ceiling is Trubisky. I don't really care about other games because If he showed before he was much better the play calling wouldn't be so conservative. It seems the coaching staff knows they have a better team but worse QB and are playing accordingly. #6 is much better than the QB.

Edit. 3rd drive. Another lateral pass to #6 to get 15 yards then doesn't see the blitz, is very slow executing the play action, sees the blitz but don't react fast enough, doesn't take care of ball and actually lets it go Danny Dimes' style.

(Final edit) 4th drive. More lateral passes to #6, a big run then he ran on a scramble play then reacted well to a blitz and threw it up for his RB for the TD. Almost missed him wide open but he was getting pressured.

3 words

DO NOT ******* WANT.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP