The Pats QB situation

Apparition

If that's the case.. BB would be an idiot not do that trade right now. 

Given Gilmores age I expect him to get traded to a contended for a 3rd rounder or so.. Caserio would likely want JC Jackson instead.. and I would do 2 first, a 3rd and Jackson 100 times out of 100. That would be a steal.. but that also means Miami and New York aren't willing to trade their 2 firsts this season? I kind of doubt that. 

Miami / NY's 2 firsts this season alone are worth more than anything the Patriots can offer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Miami / NY's 2 firsts this season alone are worth more than anything the Patriots can offer. 

The Jets, hopefully. Miami though? No way. Miami, as things currently stand, have a better short term outlook than the Patriots do. Watson on Miami makes them just as good if not better than Buffalo. Watson on the Patriots, at least until the offense gets rebuilt, looks less dangerous to pick value. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

The Jets, hopefully. Miami though? No way. Miami, as things currently stand, have a better short term outlook than the Patriots do. Watson on Miami makes them just as good if not better than Buffalo. Watson on the Patriots, at least until the offense gets rebuilt, looks less dangerous to pick value. 

NY can offer: 2 & 23 this year

Miami can offer: 3 & 18 this year

Patriots can offer: 15 this year and first next year ( worth a 2nd in value) and first year after that ( worth a 3rd in value) 

This doesn't even take into account if Caserio likes Tua.. if he does then it's a no brainer to send him to Miami.. because it wont matter if their pick is late 20s next season because you'll be getting all of your draft picks right now. 

If you send him to NE, next year and the year after.. those picks will be in the late 20's and you have no solution for a QB. Either of the other offers you can draft your future QB this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

I think we can pretty safely forget about any veteran QB not named Garoppolo coming here.

I really thought Stafford would end up going to the 49ers causing Garoppolo to be available. Who are you thinking takes his place in order for him to be available? 

Even if they were to draft a QB in the 1st round.. wouldn't they rather keep Garoppolo for the year and transition to the rookie instead of cutting him and going with the unknown? 

I wouldn't sleep on Mitch either.. he seems like a prime " I can fix him candidate" that Josh/BB could be intrigued by

3 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I really thought Stafford would end up going to the 49ers causing Garoppolo to be available. Who are you thinking takes his place in order for him to be available? 

Doesn't matter. I think they're fed up with him and want to move on at any rate. 

"But Stafford apparently nixed the notion of being the guy that replaces the guy that failed to replace THE GUY."

If this is the case.. the Patriots are lucky to avoid Stafford. You don't want the pressure of replacing Tom Brady.. even after Cam Newton had no issue with it. The entire fanbase would be ecstatic to have a QB who can throw the ball after seeing Newton throw it into the dirt 1/3 of his passes.

That's such a losers mentality .. I don't want the most important player on my team to think like this. Newton was mediocre at best this season and you still saw all the confidence in the world from him when he ran for a 1st down.. that's why all his teammates rallied behind him. 

Edited by Crimmage

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Keep in mind, the 49ers aren’t working with much cap space and their depth is getting gutted this offseason, particularly in the secondary. They’re set to lose 4/5 cornerbacks, a starting safety, two starters on the OL (including the guy they just traded for, Trent Williams), and then lose out on more depth in the RB room and DL. Plus, they’d probably like to extend Warner sooner than later. 

So if you jive with the idea that they’re not exactly keen on Jimmy anymore, it’s easy to see why they’d be motivated to move him even if it comes with a little uncertainty at QB.

• Like 1