The Pats QB situation

Apparition

Ok I watched the BYU game last night.

Wilson put on a show. He can run, scramble, read the field and is accurate as heck with a quick release. His game reminds me of Borrows. No I'm not saying he's him but his style of play. The Draftnik are going to start praising him as a possible number one pick in the draft if he stay on track. We all know how that works. Just like Jordan Love last year. He will be the darling of the draft.

IMO there are to things he has to work on to make him even more effective at the next level. The are small things that he will learn at the next level with coaching. 

1. Arm strength, although good with a little work it will make him more effective. I'm nit picking here.

2. He needs to learn to move up in the pocket. He does don't get me wrong but just like all athletic college QBs they sometimes take off to avoid the pressure

IMO   The Pats will have to move up in the draft to get him. He will be the rising star in this years draft which I feel is justified. Very impressive.

Lastly there the issue with him playing nobody's however that is also true with his own team.

Just looking at the teams Pats could trade up with and I was concentrating on the Giants. I figure its between Parsons and Penei Sewell. I figure the Giants would not take Parsons that high in the draft and they took LT Thomas last year, so no Sewell.  Well my theory concerning Sewell once I look at tape went out the window.  Holy Chris Kringle!!! Sewell is a monster.  He plays like John Hannah, throwing DP like there rag dolls.

It will take a boat load to pry the pick from the Giants. Dave Gettleman loves line players.

I have found another QB for the Pats. You have to be opened minded with this player. You have to think outside the box  He also can play RB, WR, PR, and KR. He can be the next Lamar Jackson with better arm talent. The player, D'Eriq King.

Now, I'm not saying 1st RD but if I'm the Pats I would seriously look at him. I can't say what round have no idea where he's projected.

I know one thing he would be lethal going for 2 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9r3QEoDdj0

He could be our Kyler Murray.

12 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I have found another QB for the Pats. You have to be opened minded with this player. You have to think outside the box  He also can play RB, WR, PR, and KR. He can be the next Lamar Jackson with better arm talent. The player, D'Eriq King.

Now, I'm not saying 1st RD but if I'm the Pats I would seriously look at him. I can't say what round have no idea where he's projected.

That might be the worst throwing mechanics I have ever seen from a CFB player at a major program...

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

No thanks. I only see him throwing to wide open receivers in that video. Not much zip on his throws. And yeah, the footwork and mechanics leave a lot to be desired. Probably not a QB at the pro level. 

I doubt King would turn into a full time QB .. but he could be a weapon on an offense, similar to a Taysom Hill type. The way BB feels about Cam by the end of the year will determine a lot towards the next QB situation. If he loves a QB that can run.. we could easily push in that direction... or have a change of pace QB who can do something like this. 

Ideally it would be best to have a QB who can run and throw.. but we all know those aren't exactly easy to find :)

2 hours ago, Starless said:

No thanks. I only see him throwing to wide open receivers in that video. Not much zip on his throws. And yeah, the footwork and mechanics leave a lot to be desired. Probably not a QB at the pro level. 

Star  You just described Lamar Jackson.

Look closely some of those guys are wide open is because they a scared crapless. King threat to run is a key factor. If he breaks the line he major threat to go the distance.

Edited by m haynes

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

If Jackson is what you say he is, then he's got a very limited NFL shelf-life in the NFL and we shouldn't be looking to draft a QB who resembles him. 

I said nothing about Jackson other than he basically stink when passing. His running is the major reason why he complete a pass. If he couldn't pass he would be flipping burgers.  He effective the passing game because of his legs. Running set up the pass well in his its times 10.

See u tomorrow bedtime

Edited by m haynes

15 hours ago, m haynes said:

I said nothing about Jackson other than he basically stink when passing. His running is the major reason why he complete a pass. If he couldn't pass he would be flipping burgers.  He effective the passing game because of his legs. Running set up the pass well in his its times 10.

See u tomorrow bedtime

Again, nothing you say contradicts what I said. If he can only be effective as a passer when he can threaten with his legs, then what happens when his legs become less of a factor? One way or another, teams are going to figure out a way to slow down his running, and if he can't adapt as a passer then he has very little future in the NFL. Again, this isn't me talking, this is me accepting your premise that Jackson isn't a good passer. You favorably compared D'Eriq King to him, and I explained why, based on the highlight reel, I don't see him being an effective QB. Now you're saying that those same traits apply to the reigning league MVP. You can't have it both ways. 

16 hours ago, Starless said:

Again, nothing you say contradicts what I said. If he can only be effective as a passer when he can threaten with his legs, then what happens when his legs become less of a factor? One way or another, teams are going to figure out a way to slow down his running, and if he can't adapt as a passer then he has very little future in the NFL. Again, this isn't me talking, this is me accepting your premise that Jackson isn't a good passer. You favorably compared D'Eriq King to him, and I explained why, based on the highlight reel, I don't see him being an effective QB. Now you're saying that those same traits apply to the reigning league MVP. You can't have it both ways. 

He's done without that extra (speed) second,  he's a horrible QB. Its a matter of time. God forbid he get a leg injury.

I have no idea what your trying to say. 

" You favorably compared D'Eriq King to him, and I explained why, based on the highlight reel, I don't see him being an effective QB. Now you're saying that those same traits apply to the reigning league MVP. You can't have it both ways."

I'll take a shot. King is a QB that I see being effective if we fail to get one of the top 5 and keep the same offense we are running now.  All the others in the draft IMO stink. King is a fall back and he fits what the Pats are doing on offense now.  Is it perfect,  heck no, but that's what we have to deal with going forward.  Put King in Cams role,  that what we (offense)  have now there's no choice. We have no QBs and we missed out on the one that can throw effectively.

What concerns me most is if we don't get one this year we are screwed going forward. We are stuck in the 20s drafting going forward. Next year will solve most of our problems, cap, draft and high picks

Look I'm not taking King in the 1st half of the draft however he would be on my radar in the 4th. Heck BB takes kickers in the 5th!

Crimmage

Made a comment that he can be used as a change of pace.  That would be the worse scenario. IMO that's not all that bad for a 4th round pick. Remember if he doesn't work out at QB we still have a effective player. King can play multiple positions.

Do I like the Jackson type offense heck no. but we have no choice going forward.  That's why I mentioned King, IMO he can be effective in the Pats current offense which I hate by the way. Your not winning the SB with that type of offense.  Yes I know the last comment contradict the choice of going with King but we are not sniffing the SB til we get a REAL QB prospect.

Lastly,  if the Raven have a chance at a SB it will because of the defense. That type of offense is useless when you play the big boys in the playoffs. Lets say they play the Chiefs and they score on their 1st two possessions. Game over 2 scores puts them up 50 points if you get my drift.

If I'm the Pats I'm doing everything possible to get a QB. If BB likes a QB ( 1000000% sure) do everything to get him. Trade multiple picks even future 1st RD picks.

The last thing I want is to be stuck on the MOUSE WHEEL! Been there done that fan since the 60's. Shoot I'm old 😁

Edited by m haynes

King is on TV 12 noon. Playing VTech.

King is a good QB. If he was 6 inches taller he would be a 1/2 RD pick. Here what I saw 1st hlalf.

1. Poised in the pocket

2.  Can throw good arm, but no great.

3. Accurate with his passes

4. Reads the field and is patience in the pocket

5. Looks off coverage. which surprised me. 

Very impressed.   That's all I can watch for two reasons its party time and the game is boring!!

PS  He throws the ball better than Jackson and is more accurate. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens don't draft him.

Edited by m haynes

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

King is on TV 12 noon. Playing VTech.

King is a good QB. If he was 6 inches taller he would be a 1/2 RD pick. Here what I saw 1st hlalf.

1. Poised in the pocket

2.  Can throw good arm, but no great.

3. Accurate with his passes

4. Reads the field and is patience in the pocket

5. Looks off coverage. which surprised me. 

Very impressed.   That's all I can watch for two reasons its party time and the game is boring!!

Kyler Murray is an inch shorter and tbo isn't the most accurate passer in the world either. I have never seen King play but what separates them for Murray to be #1 pick ( i know beginning of that year he was viewed as late first / 2nd rounder though) and nobody to really be talking about King. Competition? University? Arm Strength? 

9 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Arm Strength

Impressive based on his size. The other two might be the issue. Both teams don't offer much in regards to level of competition. That's not Kings fault. best player on the field.

Edited by m haynes