The Pats QB situation

Apparition

4 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Poor kid has no offensive line. Pressure on nearly every play. Doesn't have a very quick release from what I could tell .. and not the best pocket awareness, a few sacks he had today could have been avoided. 

Coaching ? I don't see much in this game. Pathetic !

Kyle Trask had about as good of a game as he is ever going to have last night, if he can keep that up he could certainly be a first round pick. I wonder if we could even see Trey Lance fall dramatically given him having to take the year off. 

The issues I see with Trask are: 

- His release isn't as quick as some other QB's 

- Some overthrows on deep balls 

- Get's antsy in the pocket when pressure is around him

If a team has a really good OL in front of him that gives him time I think he could be really solid. I mainly just wish his throwing delivery was a bit quicker, he has kind of a wind up to his throw. The deep ball accuracy doesn't bother me as even Brady was knocked for that early in his career and we win Super Bowls with short to mid range throws with occasional deep shots which he can def hit 

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

just wish his throwing delivery was a bit quicker, he has kind of a wind up

I can see this being  fixed at the next level.  Aron Rodgers and Josh Allen come to mind. 

Trask had about as good of a game as he is ever going to have last night

Yes he did and he did it without his number one weapon TE Pitts.

PS  I'm stumped when it comes to drafting a QB. We can't take one at 13. We have to trade up or down at that pick. Up for Wilson down for maybe Trask and Jones.

Edited by m haynes

On 11/13/2020 at 1:04 AM, m haynes said:

I have found another QB for the Pats. You have to be opened minded with this player. You have to think outside the box  He also can play RB, WR, PR, and KR. He can be the next Lamar Jackson with better arm talent. The player, D'Eriq King.

Now, I'm not saying 1st RD but if I'm the Pats I would seriously look at him. I can't say what round have no idea where he's projected.

I know one thing he would be lethal going for 2 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9r3QEoDdj0

He could be our Kyler Murray.

I don't think he'll be drafted tbh. Might be worth picking him up after though

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

We can't take one at 13. We have to trade up or down at that pick. Up for Wilson down for maybe Trask and Jones.

Trading down will likely mean they want Jones imo. I don't know the value charts but if you are at 13.. does trading to around 25 get you another 2nd round pick? If so I could certainly see BB trading back to 25 and taking Jones.. I'm just not sold on him and would rather they give up their 2nd rounder to jump up over Washington and take Wilson. Washington will determine so much in this draft.. if Alex Smith can get them to 6-7 wins I think the Pats have a chance at Wilson if they want him ( assuming they don't suddenly get good and go on a run second half of the season). 

If Trask keeps up his momentum I think he goes late teens to early twenties to the Colts. 

Edited by Crimmage

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Trading down will likely mean they want Jones imo. I don't know the value charts but if you are at 13.. does trading to around 25 get you another 2nd round pick? If so I could certainly see BB trading back to 25 and taking Jones.. I'm just not sold on him and would rather they give up their 2nd rounder to jump up over Washington and take Wilson. Washington will determine so much in this draft.. if Alex Smith can get them to 6-7 wins I think the Pats have a chance at Wilson if they want him ( assuming they don't suddenly get good and go on a run second half of the season). 

If Trask keeps up his momentum I think he goes late teens to early twenties to the Colts. 

I still think the Giants are the key. They need everything (I assume) except QB. I have been reading they are looking at CB if that the case they can trade down. There are 3 at the top of the board.

I'm also hoping Judge does BB a solid 😁👍

Well, last night put a fork in it concerning QB Wilson.

Now the Pats move on to another position or a trade down.  I see three possibility's between 13 to  20 picks. LB - Moses, TE - Pitts, WR Waddle or Smith.   Cornerback is a need however it's not desperate need, but they'll  be 3 to 4 of them on the board 13 to 20.

I would love Moses however I see that Pats going after the talented CBs. My guess Caleb Farley which I hope they don't because like all Pats picks he has a injury history. Being sarcastic. My favorite right now is Wade OSU.  I don't see how a trade down helps them unless they going QB late in the 1st which I doubt.

Added this later.   I don't see the Pats taking Trask or Jones. I don't see how they fit in the Pats offense.  IMO you need WRs for both of them. What we have don't match there skill set.  They give you nothing in the run dept.

Doesn't anyone know of a QB that is worth a pick that will match the skill needed for the Pats offense.EX Cam, Jackson, Murray, Wilson.  Pass run type. Someone you think can play? What I see is a waste of a pick after Trask and Jones.

Edited by m haynes

then offense in free agency

I checked the QB FA and there is crap. I will start off first , I don't want Fitzpatrick.  There are only 2 guys that I see the Pats to consider. I say this looking at our offense scheme RIGHT NOW, which I don't see changing.  Trubisky and Brissett . I picked these two on there running ability.

JB in the Cam role would work, I think! No he's not going to be as effective running the ball like Cam but we need a QB with no one available.

Trubisky has running skills, if you put him in for Cam could he do it. Don't rely on his passing rely on his legs and running our offense.

Bears coach Nagy is a KC disciple, IMO he is the worst type of coach for Trubisky. He wants to throw it 99.9% of the time. Trubisky in Mahomes role a fail every time. Trubisky in a Cam role I just don't know.  Please don't say Trubisky stinks I know that. Would he stink if he played in the  Pats current scheme. Run, run, run etc.. than play action or short dump offs. I guess the word is "reinvent" Trubisky.

Lastly  I'm not saying that we should go get them. I just thinking,  what can be done going forward. I thought this was the year to go all in and draft a QB, that not the case after beating Ravans. We are now IMO stuck in the twenty draft range going forward. We are on the Mouse wheel.😁