The Pats QB situation

Apparition

I've never rated Teddy highly. It's surprised me how so many people fell in love with him.

That being said, it seems people have forgotten that it took Cam 4 games to barely throw over 300 yards (including a game where he had 34 yards.)

Both suck bad.

Edited by Hunter2_1

47 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

you didnt watch enough Teddy in 2020

I've seen enough to know Bridgewater was a much more capable passer than Newton was in 2020. Just basic stats alone Bridgewater threw 1100 more yards, 7 more touchdowns, and only 1 more interception. Cam Newton is the worst starting QB heading into 2021, (post-draft), with the one argument being that Andy Dalton is worse as a QB, but even Dalton has more potential and capability as a passer than Newton.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I've seen enough to know Bridgewater was a much more capable passer than Newton was in 2020. Just basic stats alone Bridgewater threw 1100 more yards, 7 more touchdowns, and only 1 more interception. Cam Newton is the worst starting QB heading into 2021, (post-draft), with the one argument being that Andy Dalton is worse as a QB, but even Dalton has more potential and capability as a passer than Newton.

Teddy also attempted 124 more throws. Cam ran a completely different offense, almost 100% RPO run first while Teddy ran a pro style pass offense with oodles more weapons at his disposal. 1100 yards and 7 tds on 124 more attempts is laughable in context. 124 attempts for 1100 yards is just about league average. If your extra production is league average when comparing yourself to an offense like NE ran in 2020... well that just isnt very good. 

Im not going to sit here and say Cam is better. They are both bad. However to suggest Teddy would improve this offense is a farce. At best he would keep things status quo.

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Cam ran a completely different offense, almost 100% RPO run first

because he could not throw. his running even became suspect but it's all he gave the Pats last year.

both bridgewater and newton were first year guys on their teams last season, both bridge guys that missed time. Bridgewater is the better passer and younger and represented in 2020 as the clear better player. The contracts even speak to the difference in demand and quality between the two.

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

However to suggest Teddy would improve this offense is a farce. At best he would keep things status quo.

Cam is the worst starting QB in the NFL and there is an obvious improvement in passing ability from Newton to Bridgewater.

watching teddy complete basic downfield passes would be more fun than what cam did last year. that's all i'm advocating. i agree that either QB represents the same thing in terms of a status quo of below averageness. but id rather watch a slightly below average passer in Bridgewater than a really below average all around QB in cam newton.

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

you didnt watch enough Teddy in 2020

Ok I didn't watch the whole thing but all this shows is the OL stinks. Tom Brady would look the same as Teddy!!! He getting JUST 2 seconds in the pocket than getting destroyed!!!  Jesus couldn't hold up with that line.

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Teddy would improve this offense is a farce.

Teddy could close his eyes throw lefty and have a better chance of completing a pass.  CN was God awful. I can't stand him as a player and when we signed him I was pissed, but even I felt bad for him. To compare CN to TB is really a farce

A farce is saying he did any thing positive to cover his atrocious play.  Also Teddy OL was absolutely horrible, he will look like All Pro behind our line compared to CN. Teddy showed his skill in NO, you give him a OL he will get you wins.

I have seen all the excuses why he stunk last year, what happens when the same results happen!!!   And we all know that's going to happen.

CN starter, season over before it starts, Two years wasted!!! 100 million wasted in FA and BB might get fired!!!

11 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Also Teddy OL was absolutely horrible, he will look like All Pro behind our line compared to CN.

man you admittedly watched less than a quarter of a low light video and are drawing that conclusion. I know you unconditionally hate Cam, so let's throw him out of the conversation because that will go nowhere. Carolina's OL ranked middle of the pack in 2020. They werent great but they werent bad either. Teddy saw pressure on only 19.8% of his drop backs. For comparison's sake Tom Brady had 17%. Hell Cam had 26%. Cam saw more hurries than Teddy and you are telling me that Teddy is somehow going to improve behind the Patriots line? The snap to throw/sack for Teddy is near identical to Tom and Cam last season, so you can't tell me the time is the issue. Teddy was also saw a blitz 10 less times than TB and still somehow had a higher pressure percentage despite getting the ball out only .3 seconds slower. According to pro football reference, Teddy had 61 bad throws last season. Cam had 70. 

Yall didn't watch Teddy play last year. Also too lazy to really look at the stats except for BS bulk stats that mean almost nothing. 

I watched Cam play. He held onto the ball too long, was too careless as a rusher holding the football at critical moments, and when there were plays to be made he often would make the wrong decision or be way off on his throws. I watched enough of Bridgewater in 2020 versus Cam to know which one was capable of throwing the football downfield and was trusted more so to do that - Bridgewater.

Comparing Bridgewater to Cam is moot we agree but I'd rather see some passes be completed than to watch Newton struggle mightily again.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

man you admittedly watched less than a quarter of a low light video and are drawing that conclusion. I know you unconditionally hate Cam, so let's throw him out of the conversation because that will go nowhere. Carolina's OL ranked middle of the pack in 2020. They werent great but they werent bad either. Teddy saw pressure on only 19.8% of his drop backs. For comparison's sake Tom Brady had 17%. Hell Cam had 26%. Cam saw more hurries than Teddy and you are telling me that Teddy is somehow going to improve behind the Patriots line? The snap to throw/sack for Teddy is near identical to Tom and Cam last season, so you can't tell me the time is the issue. Teddy was also saw a blitz 10 less times than TB and still somehow had a higher pressure percentage despite getting the ball out only .3 seconds slower. According to pro football reference, Teddy had 61 bad throws last season. Cam had 70. 

Yall didn't watch Teddy play last year. Also too lazy to really look at the stats except for BS bulk stats that mean almost nothing. 

Not Lazy  I'm  just not going to waste my time explaining or defending  Teddy over CN.  Stats are useless, they can be used any way you like to make your argument valid.  IMO they mostly used to defend the indefensible .

I never use stats.  The one's that uses stats are the one's that have nothing else to defend their position. You want to use stats fine I'll percentages!  How many people would take Teddy over CN? Answer 99.99%

Don't forget to tip your waitress!!

23 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Not Lazy  I'm  just not going to waste my time explaining or defending  Teddy over CN.  Stats are useless, they can be used any way you like to make your argument valid.  IMO they mostly used to defend the indefensible .

I never use stats.  The one's that uses stats are the one's that have nothing else to defend their position. You want to use stats fine I'll percentages!  How many people would take Teddy over CN? Answer 99.99%

Don't forget to tip your waitress!!

Again, Cam vs Teddy was NEVER my argument. Teddy is trash, that is my one and only point. Its funny how you trash stats and then MAKE UP your own to prove your point. Come on dude, you are better that this ish. Take your L or give me a valid argument. 

• Like 1