The Pats QB situation

Apparition

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Again, Cam vs Teddy was NEVER my argument. Teddy is trash, that is my one and only point. Its funny how you trash stats and then MAKE UP your own to prove your point. Come on dude, you are better that this ish. Take your L or give me a valid argument. 

Good night

18 hours ago, SBLIII said:

We are one of them, for sure. 

Who below us will give up more? Denver could be one. You got to think Chicago are willing, but we're in a better spot. 

57 minutes ago, Starless said:

I'll say it again: Giving up considerable future draft capital for a guy like Jones or Lance would be a big mistake. 

agreed.

but it is mcdaniels.

it is bill belichick.

so-

as i said in january...

expect them to pursue a qb like that.

i will give it to them as far as their history of scouting backup level role-specific QB's.

but they lucked into the GOAT.

I don't believe any of the smoke that SF is going to take Jones.. I think it's much more likely that they are taking Lance. He's the guy which everyone will feel has the highest ceiling and they may believe with Jimmy there for a year they can get him ready to go. 

I personally think Fields is the best pick for them.. but on the off chance they do go Jones/Lance.. I think it would be in the best interest of the team to give up next years 1st / 2nd with this years 3rd or w/e combination necessary to jump up and get him. He's been dragged through the mud more than any of the other top 5 guys and it has honestly just made me research him more and like him more than I ever did before. 

I wouldn't be surprised if NE / Denver / some other teams are bad mouthing him just praying that he drops far enough for them to get him. SF aren't stupid.. they aren't going to believe that stuff. Isn't he doing another pro day just for SF to have an opportunity to see him in person? If they asked him to do that ( can a team do that?) it sure seems like they are seriously considering him with the pick. 

I don't want Rodgers personally.. he is 37 and with all that  talent has only won 1 super bowl in 15+ years. He's constantly complaining about the team around him.. seems to care more about MVPs than winning.. has coach killer qualities .. doesn't seem to make people around him better .. i doubt his teammates like him .. 

ok, rant done.. i think he's incredibly overrated and would clash horribly with BB

• Like 1

I am sure the Patriots inquired about Rodgers but I am not sure they would make that trade. If we somehow got Arod we would instantly become contenders. Say whatever you want about his lack hardware but the guy is still the league MVP, BB is quite possibly the only head coach that could keep him in check. My only concern is his age, how long does he still want to play the game? This is the biggest issue in mind.

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1