The Pats QB situation

Apparition

I'm "Fields or Bust" at this point. If the 49ers pass on him and the Pats don't swoop in to grab him, I'll be pretty damn upset. 

Don't particularly want Jones. The more I think about it, the more it seems like he's a product of a stacked Alabama offense.

Would settle for Lance at 15 if he's there.

Would take Mills or Mond on day 2.

If they wait until day 3 to take a QB, then something has gone very wrong. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd still be very (pleasantly) surprised if we got Fields in any way

For it to ACTUALLY happen would be surprising. The Patriots have wanted to do a lot of things over the last several years that they couldn't execute for one reason or another. Like trading Gronk to the Patricia Lions. Or keeping Jimmy G. Or then keeping Brady from Kraft's side of things last year. It would be nice if what they wanted to have happen actually did with regard to their general management.

I think they would be fine with acquiring Jimmy G for whatever reason which I don't agree with, so that is like a plan B thing to me. But Fields would be their best bet.

I'm confident BB would make the move and draft Fields if he was there at 15.. but him trading up to 4-8 to get him? That's where I'll still be really surprised if it happens. 

As much as I really want it to happen, I just feel like Denver / WFT / Chicago are going to be willing to give up WAY more than BB to get him. Especially Chicago.. I'm sure they would happily give up 2 1sts and 2 2nds or more to make it happen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

As much as I really want it to happen, I just feel like Denver / WFT / Chicago are going to be willing to give up WAY more than BB to get him. Especially Chicago.. I'm sure they would happily give up 2 1sts and 2 2nds or more to make it happen

the only thing I would say to counter that is they have no need for rookie depth at like... any position right now. They loaded up with FAs at every position. They can use this years assets without really worrying about it. 

I can agree there too.. and honestly I would much rather use up this draft's assets given the uncertainty in this draft. 

Who knows.. maybe BB has been telling us for months that he is going to trade up. They have 10 draft picks.. and only room for something like 10 players on the team. They usually sign something like 10-15 UDFA as well.. so with that being said, they've got to consolidate picks. 

I would happily give up this years 2nd and 3rd to move up along with another 2nd/3rd next year to get high enough for Fields. Especially if you could try and package the 3 4th rounders to move up / get another pick next season, etc. 

15 / 46 / 96 is "worth" the 7th pick pretty much.. then you can add in a 2nd next season for the QB trade up tax and I think everyone would be happy. This is assuming Denver doesn't decide to give up something similar to jump up to 4 and take Fields. 

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

For it to ACTUALLY happen would be surprising. The Patriots have wanted to do a lot of things over the last several years that they couldn't execute for one reason or another. Like trading Gronk to the Patricia Lions. Or keeping Jimmy G. Or then keeping Brady from Kraft's side of things last year. It would be nice if what they wanted to have happen actually did with regard to their general management.

I think they would be fine with acquiring Jimmy G for whatever reason which I don't agree with, so that is like a plan B thing to me. But Fields would be their best bet.

Honestly think he's taken 2nd overall. Then I don't see how he makes it past 9. If we can get to 4 or 7 or 8 then maybe

8 hours ago, Crimmage said:

15 / 46 / 96 is "worth" the 7th pick pretty much.. then you can add in a 2nd next season for the QB trade up tax and I think everyone would be happy. This is assuming Denver doesn't decide to give up something similar to jump up to 4 and take Fields. 

I think it would take more than that. Add next year's 1st too 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Honestly think he's taken 2nd overall. Then I don't see how he makes it past 9. If we can get to 4 or 7 or 8 then maybe

Fields goes at 7 imo. Mac/Lance 3, Pitts/Lance 4, Chase/Sewell 5, 6.

I think we trade up to 7