The Pats QB situation

Apparition

Ok everyone wants Fields so I can guarantee we pick him!

Field friggin stinks. He's a wasted pick. BB is a idiot if he takes him.

He is the one player I don't want!!!     The pick is in the Pats take QB out of-----------  crap, crap I knew it the player I can't stand. Why do they always do that, damn!!! 😁🤣

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

Regarding Fields, I see a couple of things that could be happening here; Either there has to be information about Fields that the teams are privy to that we are not hearing of which is influencing their decision. Another reason might be that one team are in fact going to pick him in the top 3 and are just throwing a smoke screen, because right now the 49ers could pick anyone. Or the other possibility is that teams are nitpicking things that shouldn't hold that much weight but ultimately influencing their opinion, the fear of failing is too great so they look at the player with the least likely chance to fail.

Yeah I'd put a lot of money on option C.

NFL front offices are no smarter than any other group of industry leaders and are subject to the same group think and bias and asymmetric risk aversion that all middle aged rich people collecting paychecks are, we've seen it time and time again.

Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson fell out of the top-10 too.  It wasn't a smoke screen.  It wasn't secret information.  The league was too focused on the chance that those guys would fail and get them fired and not focused enough on the upside. 

Its easier to focus on the flaws when someone has been in the spotlight for a long time vs. guys like Jones and Wilson who shot up boards during the draft process.  

I also think we have to acknowledge that these decisions are being made by owners, GMs, and head coaches who aren't actually professional scouts and probably haven't personally watched a ton of tape (at least compared to professional scouts)

They get advice from professional talent evaluators but don't always take that advice.  Case in point, what we're hearing out of San Francisco 

Kyle Shanahan is (arguably) a good coach.  He isn't necessarily a better scout than your average guy off the street.  He didn't get where he is today because he's any good at scouting.  

Belichick is honestly another example, although he has his moments when he's smart enough to listen to the great org. he's built and put his ego aside, he's clearly a much better coach than talent evaluator. 

So thinking "these guys are smart professionals, they can't get it all wrong when its this obvious" is a fallacy tbh 

Edited by mission27
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Reddit and Twitter really killed a lot of forums, but I still find this as the best place to discuss Patriots football (and other topics).

Yeah man. I've tried Pats Pulpit and Reddit but I just keep coming back here...

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah man. I've tried Pats Pulpit and Reddit but I just keep coming back here...

Yep - Twitter is a mess and I've never got my ahead around the threads and sheer scale of Reddit. 

Best thing about a smallish forum is over time you get to know the posters and get a sense for who to listen to when you want to be informed and who to listen to when you want entertainment. 

Alas - it's been ages since NBT and his hammies were around. 

• Like 1