Jump to content

The Pats QB situation


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

I don’t want to reach for some QB with like the 13th pick in the draft 

I'm pretty sure no one else wants to reach for a QB. We might have different guys but no one to my knowledge has reached for a QB while posting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m haynes said:

My guess Brandon LaFell,------ if not Donald Hayed or Sunu

Ps I cheated and looked it up!:D

 

Yup, Lafell, ty 

He had maybe two good seasons in his career.. no 1,000 yard seasons.. but was good enough to stick around for maybe 10 seasons ( idk if he is still around). N'keel is going to need to improve a good amount to be a 600-800 yard receiver.. but at least at that level he's worthy of a roster spot. 

 

And regarding reaching for a QB.. the only guy I think will end up being a reach is Trask.. I have a feeling he could go anywhere from 10-20 to a QB needy team and he's probably more worthy of an early second rounder at this point imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Yup, Lafell, ty 

He had maybe two good seasons in his career.. no 1,000 yard seasons.. but was good enough to stick around for maybe 10 seasons ( idk if he is still around). N'keel is going to need to improve a good amount to be a 600-800 yard receiver.. but at least at that level he's worthy of a roster spot. 

 

And regarding reaching for a QB.. the only guy I think will end up being a reach is Trask.. I have a feeling he could go anywhere from 10-20 to a QB needy team and he's probably more worthy of an early second rounder at this point imo.

I  feel,  Trask goes to the Bears in the 1st.

Edited by m haynes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fields, 

Fools Gold. He could be another in the long list of OSU QBs college wonders.  I watched the HIGHLIGHT video and was not impressed with JF other than his running ability and arm strength . Just think what the low- lights look like.

1. WR so open I could throw to them.

2. He's a primary look only QB, than he runs.

3. He stares (1.20 mark)down the primary, safety see it all the way. Think NFL defensive schemes will he be able to read them

4. Any pressure,  he's off and running

5. Few times (4.08) he looks for a secondary WR. He had 4 second didn't look until the end to late he takes off. 4 seconds and you only get to your 2nd option barely,  before you have to run.

6. I can't believe scout don't see this major problem. He looks for his 1st read, has 4/5 seconds in the pocket never looking at his 2nd, than runs.

Buyer be ware.

I don't care what everyone says about JF even the Pros and the ones that think they are.  There are major concerns in his game and no one ( figure of speech)  is even looking. 

It amazes me, this happens year after year in the draft. You can name a 1000000 misses because people refuse to open there eyes!

I know most will call me nuts, but look at this HIGHLIGHT video. Really look and tell me if you see what I'm am seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnK-kI47z4g

PS  One of my all time favorite.  Akili Smith. He's picked and I peed myself laughing! I hated his game from the jump!

 

Edited by m haynes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I'm watching the Alabama game. Here what I'm seeing.

1. DeVonta Smith. He is the real deal. His does everything you want from a WR.   Greatest asset, scares the crap out of the defense!:D

2. Mac Jones  Calm in the pocket, throw a nice ball, accurate, doesn't force it.  You know when BB picks a crazy 2nd RD-er. and he stinks and we  are all pissed. Well don't be supersized that he does it this year in the 1st Rd and picks Jones. Here the catch, it might be the 1st  time it works!!!!!! He's pretty damn good. Waddle out this game.

3. Patrick Surtain II  ----Holy crap he's good.   No QB available, I want " Sur Patrick " Perfect Patriot, WOW.

4. Moses --- I can't figure him out, I'm getting a bad vibe. I'm not sure he's worth a top pick. He looks like  the perfect football player. Big , fast however it look he doesn't have any feel for the game. I'm trying to think of the guy the Jets picked years ago ( wait a minute I'll google ) Ha Ha , Vernon Gholston.  Moses can play but will never live up to the hype.

5. Christian Barmore  --- He can do one thing, that's it. You want a (great) wall that doesn't move,  he is your man. Double teams, still the Wall !

Edited by m haynes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mac in the first.. would make me very sad and indicate things wen't very wrong as I expect the Pats to be drafting anywhere from 8-15. I think Trask has higher upside and should be drafted before Jones but it's possible Saban tells BB to draft Jones ahead of him. 

Only way I'd feel better about Mac in the 1st round would be with a trade back.. Now if you can get a Julio Jones like haul for your 1st rounder ( and top 3 QB's are gone!) BB totally does it. 

Imagine trading the 8th pick for: late 1st rounder (25ish), 2nd rounder, 4th rounder this year AND a 1st rounder and 4th rounder next season.

Yielding the Pats with a draft like this in 2021: 

  • 1st: Mac Jones, QB
  • 2nd: Nick Bolton, LB
  • 2nd: A corner who will play hybrid corner / safety because it's obligatory to have a 2nd round secondary player
  • 3rd comp: A bust WR
  • 4th: DT
  • 4th: DE
  • 4th comp: C / G which could potentially start if Andrews leaves
  • 4th comp: A double dip at bust wr

I could "deal" with a trade that darn good.. but first off I don't think anyone will give up that much.. and second I still don't trust the next 10+ years in the hands of Mac Jones.. I don't want Alex Smith as our QB of the future

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Mac in the first.. would make me very sad and indicate things wen't very wrong as I expect the Pats to be drafting anywhere from 8-15. I think Trask has higher upside and should be drafted before Jones but it's possible Saban tells BB to draft Jones ahead of him. 

Only way I'd feel better about Mac in the 1st round would be with a trade back.. Now if you can get a Julio Jones like haul for your 1st rounder ( and top 3 QB's are gone!) BB totally does it. 

Imagine trading the 8th pick for: late 1st rounder (25ish), 2nd rounder, 4th rounder this year AND a 1st rounder and 4th rounder next season.

Yielding the Pats with a draft like this in 2021: 

  • 1st: Mac Jones, QB
  • 2nd: Nick Bolton, LB
  • 2nd: A corner who will play hybrid corner / safety because it's obligatory to have a 2nd round secondary player
  • 3rd comp: A bust WR
  • 4th: DT
  • 4th: DE
  • 4th comp: C / G which could potentially start if Andrews leaves
  • 4th comp: A double dip at bust wr

I could "deal" with a trade that darn good.. but first off I don't think anyone will give up that much.. and second I still don't trust the next 10+ years in the hands of Mac Jones.. I don't want Alex Smith as our QB of the future

I knew it, you sneaky bastard,  using a false name(Crimmage).  Welcome to the board Bill!!!😁👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, m haynes said:

Ok I'm watching the Alabama game. Here what I'm seeing.

1. DeVonta Smith. He is the real deal. His does everything you want from a WR.   Greatest asset, scares the crap out of the defense!:D  Mac Jones

2. Mac Jones  Calm in the pocket, throw a nice ball, accurate, doesn't force it.  You know when BB picks a crazy 2nd RD-er. and he stinks and we  are all pissed. Well don't be supersized that he does it this year in the 1st Rd and picks Jones. Here the catch, it might be the 1st  time it works!!!!!! He's pretty damn good. Waddle out this game.

3. Patrick Surtain II  ----Holy crap he's good.   No QB available, I want " Sur Patrick " Perfect Patriot, WOW.

4. Moses --- I can't figure him out, I'm getting a bad vibe. I'm not sure he's worth a top pick. He looks like  the perfect football player. Big , fast however it look he doesn't have any feel for the game. I'm trying to think of the guy the Jets picked years ago ( wait a minute I'll google ) Ha Ha , Vernon Gholston.  Mose can play but will never live up to the hype.

5. Christian Barmore  --- He can do one thing, that's it. You want a (great) wall that doesn't move,  he is your man. Double teams, still the Wall !

Yeah I'm going off Moses. Play recognition and diagnosis is like a shotgun. He gets caught being too aggressive too often. PA him to death

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dallas, Chargers, and potentially Giants if Eagles win the division are the teams to look out for on a trade up. 

One of those teams will be pick #5 before Washington / Carolina / Philly / Detroit /etc who could ALLLLL want a QB. 

Does #15, #46 and a first next season get you from 15 to 5? I'm really not sure tbo.. but it also means you're rebuilding this defense with a 3rd round comp and 4th rounders which is tough to do. I still do it If they believe the QB to be special .. but who knows if a bidding war happens and you have to give up even more than that to move up 10 spots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...