Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

When Brees decided not to retire and took another $25 million Or whatever it was he had to know it might not end well. How long are they going to let him be an anchor?

as long as they are winning doubt anything changes. Even then I think they ride this train until the wheels fall off

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

There didn't seem to be anything immediately provoking him walking up to him, tapping him, sucker punching him, then following it up with an even stronger jab while the other guy is standing there doing absolutely nothing.

No place in the league for that kind of stuff.

I mean it's one thing to try and bait CGJ by tapping him and maybe a slight push to see if you can get him to react and draw a flag, it happens all the time in football, but you don't throw 2 punches, that doesn't accomplish anything, especially if the other person isn't responding at all.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ok that's fine and dandy but that wasn't even Wims

I get that its a hard concept that he lost his cool and went nuts defending a teammate but it does not take a giant leap to get there.

Wims was 100% wrong and will pay for it.

The other guy is also going to pay for what he did.

Edited by SkippyX

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

BS. You don't assault another player by shoving your finger into his mouth not during a play.

Who the hell cares about a punch? Players punch each other and get tossed and fined all the time.

If you think that calls for 1 and 16 then you are demented.

Okay let's just follow the breadcrumbs to the bias here...

Eagles fan, hmm, okay...

Foles won you a Super Bowl...

Foles is the Bears QB.

BOOM! Got it.

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

When Brees decided not to retire and took another $25 million Or whatever it was he had to know it might not end well. How long are they going to let him be an anchor?

Could be 5-2 after today without Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders for a large chunk of the season after today. I'll gladly take that anchor this season.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

legally a lot of what happens during and after NFL plays is assault. DOesn't mean it's still not laughable to compare sticking your fingers in someone's mouth to sucker punching them repeatedly.

Yeah, but players accept those.  They don't accept having fingers stuck in their mouths.  

Not saying the punch was justified.

Just now, SkippyX said:

I get that its a hard concept that he lost his cool and went nuts defending a teammate but it does not take a giant leap to get there.

Didn't the face touch happen in the first half? Plenty of time to cool off and not go seek a guy out on the football field for intentional physical violence in retaliation. No excuse. Not even a little.

• Like 1

Just now, tyler735 said:

Could be 5-2 after today without Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders for a large chunk of the season after today. I'll gladly take that anchor this season.

Word is Saints were all in on Mahomes if Chiefs didn't snipe him. Can you imagine the numbers Mahomes would be putting up with those weapons in that offense? Would be asburd, Andy Reid does too much dink and dunk and gadget plays