Poe and Worley out

textaz03

“When you’re 30 pounds overweight and you’re not doing anything about what’s keeping you from performing well on the field, there is no reason to get into the other stuff,” Jones told ESPN on Wednesday night.

It’s unclear what Jones meant by “the other stuff.” Poe was the first Cowboy to kneel for the national anthem this year, and Jones was asked about that, but didn’t comment.

“I understand your question and I’m deliberately not going to answer it,” Jones continued. “We have a platform here but the platform on the football field has a high standard, and he [Poe] was not up to the standard. He needed to correct that and he did not. I’m going to leave it at that.”

34 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

“When you’re 30 pounds overweight and you’re not doing anything about what’s keeping you from performing well on the field, there is no reason to get into the other stuff,” Jones told ESPN on Wednesday night.

It’s unclear what Jones meant by “the other stuff.” Poe was the first Cowboy to kneel for the national anthem this year, and Jones was asked about that, but didn’t comment.

“I understand your question and I’m deliberately not going to answer it,” Jones continued. “We have a platform here but the platform on the football field has a high standard, and he [Poe] was not up to the standard. He needed to correct that and he did not. I’m going to leave it at that.”

and we'd like to welcome back Randy Gregory.  

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He also apparently had incentives to keep his weight in check built into the contract. Guy couldn't keep his weight in check to earn $500,000 (or something like that) and his production was basically nonexistent. So, yeah, I actually don't think Poe's decision to kneel had anything to do with his getting cut. 

28 minutes ago, D82 said:

He also apparently had incentives to keep his weight in check built into the contract. Guy couldn't keep his weight in check to earn $500,000 (or something like that) and his production was basically nonexistent. So, yeah, I actually don't think Poe's decision to kneel had anything to do with his getting cut. 

I agree. He looked super fat and slow off the snap against Washington. I mentioned it several times in the GDT.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I agree. He looked super fat and slow off the snap against Washington. I mentioned it several times in the GDT.

We saw. All those comments like "How is Dalton supposed to complete a 8 yard pass? Look at how distractingly fat and slow Poe is!"

tenor.gif?itemid=15679383