Week 8 Gameday Thread: Ravens vs. Steelers

Ray Reed

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, I get this sentiment but what's your plan at WR? Just run the ball the rest of the year?

Hollywood is a legit NFL WR and one of the best playmakers in the entire league. Do we try to get him the ball in space EVER? No, we don't. No screens, no motions, no pitches, no handoffs, no nothing.

I don’t think it matters who plays WR in this offense right now. Lamar can’t hit the broadside of a barn, and our coaches can’t scheme any passing. 

Edited by M.10.E

I mean, I get this sentiment but what's your plan at WR? Just run the ball the rest of the year?

Hollywood is a legit NFL WR and one of the best playmakers in the entire league. Do we try to get him the ball in space EVER? No, we don't. No screens, no motions, no pitches, no handoffs, no nothing.

I wasn't being serious but him talking like this is unacceptable. Someone needs to sit his little *** down. Talks like AB but can't produce like him. 

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Honestly our current OL situation, if it can remain healthy... might even be a better fit for them. Fluker and Brown Jr are behemoths in the run game while Stanley is more of a good run blocker. Plus I’d argue that Brown Jr is better at LT than at RT, his set just looks so much more natural over there. But perhaps that’s just my imagination?

I agree on Zeus Jr being a more natural LT than RT. Hey, maybe he has a great run and we can pull of the trade a LT for a premium pick maneuver with him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because the offensive COORDINATOR sucks at his job.

Just now, M.10.E said:

I don’t think it matters who plays WR in this offense right now. 

valid point

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

I wasn't being serious but him talking like this is unacceptable. Someone needs to sit his little *** down. Talks like AB but can't produce like him. 

I mean, if he played in a pass-first offense i absolutely think he would produce like AB. He doesn't get the opportunities to even make plays on this team.

valid point

I mean, if he played in a pass-first offense i absolutely think he would produce like AB. He doesn't get the opportunities to even make plays on this team.

Really? He'd produce like one of the most prolific receivers in the last 10 years. He's good and I agree he needs the ball more but come on. 

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

Not arguing he isn't wrong but calling stuff out in twitter is wack and stuff Harbaugh doesn't tolerate. 

This is fair. Makes me want to believe Hollywood has been saying this in private and it just hasn't been heard. Though, that's what I want to believe and probably not reality.

two of them. i just find it strange when people pop into the other team's gdt after they win. you can't convince me people don't do that just to gloat

There probably is a little bit of that, but I’m sure its more of a respect thing. Like had the Steelers won this game minus that ref call, I was fully prepared to go over there after a loss and congratulate for their team’s win. Definitely not doing it now as I don’t feel like we lost this game fairly... and I’m big on that. By the book the play on Snead was a penalty, I wouldn’t call it. But that isn’t the play that pisses me off. That injury TO is just the refs not realizing he was down and then calling a TO there to justify their mistake. OR they knew about it and just waited to call such a TO when the Ravens snapped the ball, which robbed them of the time they had for the refs KNOWING about it.

You literally can’t do both... unless you’re these refs, then you can do whatever you want. Yet the refs continue to have so much protection. How is it that college football doesn’t have quite as many problems, yet refs for the apex position in the sport have these issues on a weekly basis. NFL teams should be allowed to challenge ref calls postgame and it go to individual arbitration and if they’re found to be wrong, then the refs get penalized of compensation. The coaches and players both are penalized by bad play, they work on commission. If you perform you get contracts and are allowed to keep playing under them. They also can be penalized with fines for commenting on ref calls or for penalties in game... so it’s also extracurricular compensation based. The refs on the other hand might lose their jobs over ENOUGH bad calls, but there is no extracurricular penalties they have to face for their performance, they should have to face arbitration.

Now on the other hand because I believe in things being fair, the refs should earn a small bonus for each game they call with no errors or arbitrations found. Penalize them for their faults and reward them for their performance. It’ll incentivize the rest of the ref crew to enforce better reffing amongst their brethren as there would be potentially increased compensation for being GREAT at your job... vs the mediocre quality they’re allowed to exist at now.

• Like 1

Honestly I’m getting shades of “firing the OC and going on to win the super bowl” out of these Harbaugh Ravens. We’ve seen it before.

multiple times today I saw our receivers run into eachother. I saw total basic routes without even like a misdirection concept or anything. Honestly, our passing plays look like basic high school stuff. I don’t know how an OC doesn’t even target a guy like Marquise Brown, let alone having no plays to get him open

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Honestly I’m getting shades of “firing the OC and going on to win the super bowl” out of these Harbaugh Ravens. We’ve seen it before.

multiple times today I saw our receivers run into eachother. I saw total basic routes without even like a misdirection concept or anything. Honestly, our passing plays look like basic high school stuff. I don’t know how an OC doesn’t even target a guy like Marquise Brown, let alone having no plays to get him open

Firing Greg ROman isn't going to magically create better passing game conceps though, and that's my thing. Roman is known for being a great run game coordiantor and that's our identity. WE NEED more guys below him to craft a good passing game. Dave Culley needs to be fired, not Roman.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Firing Greg ROman isn't going to magically create better passing game conceps though, and that's my thing. Roman is known for being a great run game coordiantor and that's our identity. WE NEED more guys below him to craft a good passing game. Dave Culley needs to be fired, not Roman.

Fair enough, regardless, somethings gotta’ change. Our plays right now seem to just be “Lamar be amazing” in bold letters. 

• Like 1