if Trevor Lawrence pulls an Eli Manning...

Apparition

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I just never liked ohio state QBs too risky I'd rather role dice on lance he's got some mobility as well

Urban Meyers QBs, yes. They are all better athletes than they were QBs. I have no issue trusting a Ryan Day coached QB. Day was a quarterback coach for the 49ers and runs a much more pro style system than Urban did.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Starless said:

I feel like there's a very strong possibility that Gase has permanently ruined Darnold the same way playing behind the Texans' OL permanently ruined David Carr. 

Even if he's not perma-f'd, he'll probably need a fresh start as a backup and work his way back to starting, the same way Steve Young did back in the day. 

I don’t know about that. Just last Sunday, when the oline gave him time he made a couple plays. I think if you placed darnold on a team with competent coaching and at least an average offensive line, panthers for example, he would flourish.

15 hours ago, Starless said:

If I'm running the Jags, I'd still work on rebuilding the defense first, before going for another QB. 

This is literally the opposite of what you should do. You'll end up like the Broncos the past 5 years; having absolutely crappy QB play, but because your defense is so good, you're not able to bottom out for a chance at top tier QB prospect. Always get the QB first.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t think the value you present would be the most likely value. I liken this situation more closely to the 2012 draft in terms of value it would take. We don’t know what Andrew Luck would’ve accrued in pick value, but we do know that RG3, a QB that had closed the gap some to Luck netted three 1sts and a 2nd to move up 4 spots. I think this is a more realistic precedent of what type of deal to expect.

Usually, I would agree.  However, I think we're going to see teams also look at the RG3 deal and argue that deal set back the Redskins' franchise.  Does the team moving up want to run that risk.  I think you're going to see something akin to what the Eagles gave up, plus a bit more.  Something like a FRP and SRP in Y1, a FRP and 3rd in Y2, and a 2nd round pick in Y3.

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

This is literally the opposite of what you should do. You'll end up like the Broncos the past 5 years; having absolutely crappy QB play, but because your defense is so good, you're not able to bottom out for a chance at top tier QB prospect. Always get the QB first.

Realistically the window for every team is between 1-3 seasons. After 3 years nearly an entire roster is overhauled for everyone. One of my favorite bits of NFL trivia is the Giants - Patriots Super Bowl rematch only had 11 players total who were still on either roster. That was just a 4 year difference with 2 Super Bowl contenders. 

2 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

It's such a weird balance between being horrible and being just bad enough. The Cardinals showed this pretty well actually, going 3-13 with Josh Rosen and then taking Kyler Murray the next year. It's basically to get a good QB and put them in a decent situation, you need to have a mediocre team around a horrible QB, barring making a bunch of moves in the offseason that you draft the QB. The Jets, at the moment, are a bad team with a (maybe) mediocre QB. As they keep selling everyone but their QB, they get farther and farther away from that balance.

Edited by UncleAdamz
  • Like 1