Antonio Gibson PFF’s #1 Ranked Rookie RB

turtle28

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And yet, he is still losing carries to JD McKissic and Peyton Barber.  At least with CEH, the Chiefs just added a guy named LeVeon Bell.  

I certainly would like to see Gibson get more touches both as a receiver and a rusher but they are giving McKissic &  Barber each 5 carries a game. A lot of Barber’s carries seem like they are situational to me as do McKissic’s. 

Don’t all teams give their back up around 10 carries a game?

That doesn’t seem that far fetched. I have no problems w/ McKissic & Barber each getting 5 carries. I am more upset that Gibson doesn’t get 5 more carries a game & 20 plus total touches a game bc it’s obvious he deserves it and if he got 5 more touches a game or more it would help our offense.

Edited by turtle28

Holecomb/ Mini Luke and Gibson man the youth is flashing bright I’m super pumped for another Kyle Smith offseason for this team. I believe we will be alittle more aggressive in FA this offseason but the main thing is locking up our future pieces maybe even getting ahead on guys you know are future cornerstone pieces. Idk when we could start getting into talks with Terry but I think that’s a priority to get ahead on because with a better roster and more help this guy is going to continue to grow.

But I think we are in good hands Gibson is just getting started for this franchise. He will only get better as the game slows around him and as our Ol builds continuity. Continuity on the OL is even more important then top end talent throughout I believe. You have to have the guys to get the job done but the longer their together the better the unit is. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Saw an article today talking about how Ron Rivera recently compared Antonio Gibson’s running style to Arian Foster. 

I have to say, I don’t see that at all. Does anybody else see that comparison as Coach Rivera does?

No he reminds me more of Lesean McCoy.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Saw an article today talking about how Ron Rivera recently compared Antonio Gibson’s running style to Arian Foster. 

I have to say, I don’t see that at all. Does anybody else see that comparison as Coach Rivera does?

He reminds me of Shaun Alexander who is a little slower but almost the exact same size and the way he runs the ball. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

We’ve talked about Kamara as a comp here before, but I don’t know that I see it so much after watching him for a while. Gibson doesn’t have quite as much of the stop/start or the extreme lateral movement. 

The weird name that came to my mind when I was thinking about it earlier was Larry Johnson. We think of LJ as a power back, but he always had surprising breakaway speed. The kind where it doesn’t look like he’s running that fast, but no one can catch him. That’s how I see Gibson’s speed. LJ also had the “fall forward” trait, and he was more of the “change direction at high speed” type of elusive than the  “press L1 to juke” type. 

It’s a tough one. I definitely don’t see Arian Foster, though. He always had that sort of galloping gait with the ability to just slash through the hole. Gibson seems much more forceful (and tighter) in his movements to me, like a true sprinter.