Higgins, Coates, Louis, Treggs, Kasen == Automatic Loss!?

Mind Character

How bad does it get Sunday?

I'm trying to prepare myself for the madness...

200.gif#11-grid1

3 out of our 5 WRs have minimal understanding of the playbook, minimal/non-existent chemistry with Kizer, minimal practice time on task with Kizer...none are great route runners on this level

2. are UFAs; 1, a 5th rounder with minimal quickness and speed; 1, a 4th rounder that can't really catch; 1, a 3rd rounder released by the team that drafted him b/c he can't really catch

Is there any way for Kizer to not look incompetent on Sunday?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Post-Game things I'd Bet the house on....

1. Bench Kizer; play Hogan hoard will be in full effect

2. Should've drafted Trubisky/Watson hoard will be even louder

3. " I Know Hue doesn't have talent (but I'm going to act like I don't know he doesn't have talent so...), but maybe we should fire Hue" Hoard will start to organize

31 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Is there any way for Kizer to not look incompetent on Sunday?

Sure, he needs to make timely, accurate throws and he will look good. Whether they are caught or not will factor into whether the team looks good. He isn't as bad as his stats show but Kizer has an enormous amount of room for growth. Just wanna see some of that. I don't care to hear about the 6 passes each game that could have been caught I want to see a good performance by the QB no matter what the outcome may be on those passes.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Sure, he needs to make timely, accurate throws and he will look good. Whether they are caught or not will factor into whether the team looks good. He isn't as bad as his stats show but Kizer has an enormous amount of room for growth. Just wanna see some of that. I don't care to hear about the 6 passes each game that could have been caught I want to see a good performance by the QB no matter what the outcome may be on those passes.

Agree completely...

I'd also like to see QB1 flash/peak plays similar to that of the first 3 games whether that be in pocket movement, audibles at the line, and/or big time throw.

I do however feel that without trust and time on task he's likely to hold on to the ball and regress via sack totals

It's going to be a challenge for sure...

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The flip side is it's hard to make timely, accurate throws when you have minimal chemistry with your receivers who may/may not in good routes.

But I do agree though, we're getting to the point where he needs to at least put together a "pretty good" game. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The flip side is it's hard to make timely, accurate throws when you have minimal chemistry with your receivers who may/may not in good routes.

But I do agree though, we're getting to the point where he needs to at least put together a "pretty good" game. 

QB is a really hard job. I don't think at this point he can worry about drops or wrong routes he just has to do his job. If we had a lot of threats and Kenny Britt I'd say try to stay away from Britt in important situations but we don't have an established receiver, besides maybe Duke, so he just needs to do his thing and the coach can tell us if he played lights out like he did last week. I didn't see the game so I really don't know how accurate Hue's statement was.

20 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

QB is a really hard job. I don't think at this point he can worry about drops or wrong routes he just has to do his job. If we had a lot of threats and Kenny Britt I'd say try to stay away from Britt in important situations but we don't have an established receiver, besides maybe Duke, so he just needs to do his thing and the coach can tell us if he played lights out like he did last week. I didn't see the game so I really don't know how accurate Hue's statement was.

Sure, but folks just look at the coaching staff sideways when he has crappy numbers but they feel he did his job.

He was better than the numbers/box score would indicate.  Unfortunately to a lot of folks, those box score numbers do matter whether they should or not.

If I had to rank the reasons we lost last week it would probably be 1. Defense 2. WR 3. Run game 4. Everything else, including Kizer.

Also, as far as Hue, some folks take everything he says at face value, which is absurd.  He's not going to be an open book to the media and potentially throw his players under the bus, but when he says something positive some of the knuckle dragging idiots think he's too stupid to see what they've seen. I'm just not sure what fans are expecting to hear him say?

Technically the Browns have 8 dropped passes. 2nd worst to the 9ers who have 12. Those are really the blatantly obvious drops but PFF uses opinion so it's hard to trust them. I'm sure we are at or towards the bottom though. PFF also has Kizer rated by far as the worst QB in the league so take their opinions as opinions not facts, unless you believe what they think about Kizer.

It's not just drops though. Our receivers literally turn drops  into interceptions. So of course Kizer is going to look bad when you judge the stats. I'd say half his interceptions are actually his fault. The rest come from our receivers being trash. 

If we got ohio states playmakers right now they'd give us an upgrade and that's not an understatement. How is rookie QB going to survive in the NFL if his receivers wouldn't start at OsU 

52 minutes ago, brownie man said:

It's not just drops though. Our receivers literally turn drops  into interceptions. So of course Kizer is going to look bad when you judge the stats. I'd say half his interceptions are actually his fault. The rest come from our receivers being trash. 

If we got ohio states playmakers right now they'd give us an upgrade and that's not an understatement. How is rookie QB going to survive in the NFL if his receivers wouldn't start at OsU 

Well when they review QB play they would take a dropped pass that turns into an interception into consideration. The QB would get a positive grade for that play, in theory anyway. Still, the same group of people who grade our receivers as the worst on a play by play basis also grade our QB as the worst as well. So bad QB play plus bad receiver play equals a pretty bad offense. Throw in a bad running game and here we are at 0-4 and looking worse each week (besides the two late TDs we got in the Colts game that made it look close against a pretty awful a team). We are averaging less yards and less point per game than we did last year. We actually have a quality offensive line this year, we need to kick it in gear. Beware Jets.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well when they review QB play they would take a dropped pass that turns into an interception into consideration. The QB would get a positive grade for that play, in theory anyway. Still, the same group of people who grade our receivers as the worst on a play by play basis also grade our QB as the worst as well. So bad QB play plus bad receiver play equals a pretty bad offense. Throw in a bad running game and here we are at 0-4 and looking worse each week (besides the two late TDs we got in the Colts game that made it look close against a pretty awful a team). We are averaging less yards and less point per game than we did last year. We actually have a quality offensive line this year, we need to kick it in gear. Beware Jets.

That's why I hate when people solely rely on PFF evaluations and cringe every time someone says "PFF says."

Quantitative analysis is a small component of football play evaluation and often distorts the qualitative insight of real football play realities,

PFF provides markers that CAN give a general sense of how a player is performing;however, that doesn't mean that it ALWAYS does.

Stats say Kizer is laughably horrible and maybe a bust. Qualitative analysis says...it's complicated; he's flashed big time ability, made mistakes but has mostly been let down by deficiency of surrounding offensive talent.

make all of the excuses you want for Kizer, but he and Hogan each got a half, so equal opportunity.  Its quite obvious who the better of the 2 are right now.  Which brings us back to my pre draft assessment that is holding very true, he is a project that should not see the field this year.  I remember that one gent at the old place that quoted me in a sig and said this dude is gonna look real bad, or something to that extent.  Well, so far Kizer is the one looking real bad.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

make all of the excuses you want for Kizer, but he and Hogan each got a half, so equal opportunity.  Its quite obvious who the better of the 2 are right now.  Which brings us back to my pre draft assessment that is holding very true, he is a project that should not see the field this year.  I remember that one gent at the old place that quoted me in a sig and said this dude is gonna look real bad, or something to that extent.  Well, so far Kizer is the one looking real bad.

we will give it time. backup QB always the most popular guy

Hogan clearly moved the offense better, but I still don't blame the red zone issues totally on Kizer. Gotta help your rookie QB out with the play calling. His decision making right now won't win you games. So you might as well help him out and run the ball. 

Archived